• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's On to Denver...

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He still plays for you guys? I figured he would be on IR by this point in the season.

'secret weapon'. he's a secret because you really never know when he will get out of the trainer's room and onto the field. :L

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love having reasonable conversations with other teams fans. No name calling, no slurs, just really good, well thought responses.....Thanks guys....

:agree: seldom happens here.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
trust mee = I wished welker $tayed. ; (

At this point Welker really hasn't been living up to his contract for the Broncos either though. He is doing more than Amendola for sure as he is actually on the field quite a bit but he only has 19 receptions and 1 touchdown for the season. If his numbers continue we are looking at around 40 receptions for around 400 yards and 2 touchdowns. Given he missed the first few games with suspension so he should do a bit better than that but right now I would say Welker has become about the 4th or 5th option in this offense. I would say his biggest contribution so far this season has been he has recovered 2 very key fumbles where he played some heads up football. He also has had 2 very nice catches on 3rd downs late in games where we needed a first down to ice the game which I guess is very important to have but otherwise he has been pretty quiet this season.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Edleman, not Amendola as our replacement for Wes.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What has been going on with him this year? Seemed like last year he was about the only guy that Brady would even look at and trust yet this year he seems to have a case of the dropsies...has the extra pressure of being the spotlight affected him?

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. I think Julian has a really good game on Sunday and is potentially the difference maker for the Pats.

Truth be told, I have no idea what to think regarding this game. Pats could win or get blown out. I don't see Denver getting blown out though.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What has been going on with him this year? Seemed like last year he was about the only guy that Brady would even look at and trust yet this year he seems to have a case of the dropsies...has the extra pressure of being the spotlight affected him?

He dropped two in short order recently but aside from those which surprised, actually shocked me, I haven't seen him dropping any. He did have a fumble, I'm psyched that they're gotten away from needing him every play. If Gronk and LaFell can get some attention, you may see Jules have an impact.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I think Julian has a really good game on Sunday and is potentially the difference maker for the Pats.

Truth be told, I have no idea what to think regarding this game. Pats could win or get blown out. I don't see Denver getting blown out though.

Agreed.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....supposed to be coold and ~windy~ on sunday,......*peyton's = Kryptonite*.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the Pats get no pressure on Peyton, it could be a blow out, but the weather conditions could help the Pats. As Mother said, he does not do well in the wind and cold.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Pats get no pressure on Peyton, it could be a blow out, but the weather conditions could help the Pats. As Mother said, he does not do well in the wind and cold.
*....they're saying it'll ~feel~ like in the 20's with the wind-chill/factor .....[20/30-mph].

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody see Graham get flattened last night after the Panthers got a pick and I think Thomas Davis came up and just obliterated him? It was actually quite comical in my opinion. I don't see anybody doing that to Gronk. He is one of the few that would fight back and laugh at a player trying to do that to him. The man is a man among boys. He is truly the only non-quarterback player that I actually fear just ripping the Broncos defense apart.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well around here we don't use the term big dumb polock as a negative term!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think CDumler said in a previous post the it wasn't so much the cold, but the wind that effects Peyton Manning. He doesn't throw a tight spiral and his passes waiver slightly regardless of distance. If that is the issue, then a cold windy day Sunday will favor the Patriots pass defense. I've coached boys and young men for 40 years and have always tried to tell my quarterbacks to keep their passes as low as possible. one, the wind has less effect , two, the defense has less chance to react because they don't see it as well and three, it takes less time to get to the receiver. Peyton does have a tremendous arm and when he throws deep, he gets a lot of air under the ball. If the day is cold and windy, he won't be able to get his normal grip and the wind will do two things to a deep pass. It will move the ball either more quickly or more slowly and it will also float the ball regardless if it's going with the wind or against it.

Brady throws a very tight spiral. It's called a "heavy" ball. His passes are rarely caught if the receiver doesn't use his hands. Any attempt to cradle the ball will be dropped or bounce off the receiver.

Personally, I'm hoping the temps are in the mid 50's with little or no wind. I want to see the Patriots play the Broncos without any adverse conditions. If they win, they win without excuse, if they lose, they lose without excuse.

{+}Mother-Marge{+}

Hoopla Cash
$ 50.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody see Graham get flattened last night after the Panthers got a pick and I think Thomas Davis came up and just obliterated him? It was actually quite comical in my opinion. I don't see anybody doing that to Gronk. He is one of the few that would fight back and laugh at a player trying to do that to him. The man is a man among boys. He is truly the only non-quarterback player that I actually fear just ripping the Broncos defense apart.
I actually thought graham would have the ''hotter'' temper between the two [him and gronk].,...graham looks like he's in a bad mood everytime he steps on the field/scores, while gronk is a happy lunk just having a good ol' time...?!