• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

It's Maryland Week

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the first time I've ever seen fans calling for an assistant coaches head after a WIN!:pound:. Not saying I totally disagree just..... Dang funny

Not just after a win, we have been wanting him gone for a loooooooooooooooong time

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it is NOT, How is it trolling or lying to point out the hypocrisy of some fans who see Holgorsen as a great coach, who wanted to run off a previous coach for BETTER performance on the field???? Just as today, WVU had MUCH better talent on the field than UMD did, but just about gave away the game due to coaching errors, and three of those easily fixed fumbles, gave up easily fixed kick return TDs, couldn't manage the clock, let that crap before halftime transpire with a time out in his pocket. I call out those who claim that Holgorsen's coaching mistakes are due to a dead man's recruiting practices. I, unlike some, talk WVU football on this board, no name calling, no belittling of fellow posters. I give my opinion of what is going on in WVU ball, YOU don't like my opinion, have no coherent answer as to why you blindly support Holgorsen, but hated Stewart, so you resort to name calling.

I have been out of pocket the last couple of days so I couldn't chime in...but this is funny....WHAT Coaching mistakes??..

Aren't you one of the many on here claiming that Bradley was a God Send?..isn't he one of the defensive Coaches?..I guess he can do no wrong and it's Dana's fault if there is a defensive breakdown!..LOL!...anyhow doesn't matter...I was at the game and these were my observations...

1. It was like Deja Vu all over again...the friggin rain!!......geeeeezus!

2. Loved the offense...I thought Trickett in the second half started forcing balls down field again but he was feeling it I guess...511 yards in the air and 700 total yards on the day..108 total plays.a West Virginia University football RECORDS!!!..isn't that what Why DANA WAS HIRED?!?!..

3. Actually liked the way the defense played...it was in attack mode all day..it just unfortunately got caught being over aggressive especially with the QB draws...felt like I was watching what Pat White used to do to defenses...but they made several key stops and created turnovers..the biggest stop was the gaffe by Thompson on the 8 yard line on punt return...

4. Special Teams...:wtf2:...why is it so hard to have a kid either attempt a field goal or catch a punt ever friggin year for what seems like 20 years!...

5. Only coaching criticism...I just can't understand why Dana has such a disdain for kicking a field goal or flipping the field with a punt...I would imagine in the back of his mind he was intending payback..but you have to be smart..

6. One more thing I noticed about the defense...they are not really playing a 3-3 stack..they show it at times but its definitely more of a 3-4 sometimes a 3-5..they give you all kinds of looks...kind of fun to watch..extremely active....

As far as Maryland goes...I give them credit..they played hard all day and their coaches made great adjustments all day...they started out in man press and realized they had no shot with their corners to keep up with the speed Wv brought on the outside....I was surprised just how big their lines were on both sides of the ball..and their receiving corp was first rate....they could surprise some teams in the Big 10...but they can't have that QB keep running the ball like that he won't make it to week 6...