• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is the NFL manipulating games for profit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chance isn't and cannot be predetermined. What the hell are you smoking?

I know it cant, that's why I said that.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you are making a claim that is far more likely to be true than not. It will not undo the thought that you are just a delusional nut job.

I'm sorry but that isn't a valid counterpoint. Just you trying spin again.

I'm making a claim but you are saying its logically possible? Make up your mind.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has nothing to do with football knowledge. It is about believing everything you read without thinking it clearly through. The author of your way too long diatribe on it has no credibility or it would be a huge national story. It isn't because he doesn't and that's that.

LOL its already been explained that the NFL is in bed with media for billions of dollars.

everything that happens in Washington should be a huge story but it isn't. Its easy to fool the masses and has been for years.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL its already been explained that the NFL is in bed with media for billions of dollars.

everything that happens in Washington should be a huge story but it isn't. Its easy to fool the masses and has been for years.

And this is the crux of your delusional position here. Do you honestly believe the entire sports media complex is in bed with the NFL over profits? What on earth does the news print media, or the magazine media, or the blog media, etc get out of it exactly? The tired old "ESPN is in bed with x because of TV revenue" won't work here.

I'm not spinning anything. I've told you that until there is some convincing reason to believe otherwise I use logic to guide me. You choose to take some article by some unknown entity and treat it like the gospel itself. And then have the nerve to question others?

And as for saying it's possible, yes it's very possible the Seahawks won't either make it to the SB or win it. In fact statistically speaking it is far more likely they won't than they do. It has nothing to do with crazy delusional theories. It's called basic math. Now if you came out and claimed Cleveland wins it all next year and give us the angle why then you might have a leg to stand on. Still wouldn't prove it happened because of manipulation, but would be far more impressive than simply stating the Seahawks won't repeat.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is the crux of your delusional position here. Do you honestly believe the entire sports media complex is in bed with the NFL over profits? What on earth does the news print media, or the magazine media, or the blog media, etc get out of it exactly? The tired old "ESPN is in bed with x because of TV revenue" won't work here.

I'm not spinning anything. I've told you that until there is some convincing reason to believe otherwise I use logic to guide me. You choose to take some article by some unknown entity and treat it like the gospel itself. And then have the nerve to question others?

And as for saying it's possible, yes it's very possible the Seahawks won't either make it to the SB or win it. In fact statistically speaking it is far more likely they won't than they do. It has nothing to do with crazy delusional theories. It's called basic math. Now if you came out and claimed Cleveland wins it all next year and give us the angle why then you might have a leg to stand on. Still wouldn't prove it happened because of manipulation, but would be far more impressive than simply stating the Seahawks won't repeat.

Lol. The nfl just writes huge checks made out to "media" every month.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want ram to provide us with how the NFL fixes their championship. Not just, "this was a good storyline so obviously they were up to no good". Give us actual calls or other manipulations from elimination games.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL I'm fully aware that the statement does that (Contradicts his entire argument) but like I said, it really doesn't matter and I don't care. This is sports talk. It means nothing ultimately.

But the fact is I wont be wrong.
8u2b.jpg

You should donate your brain to science. They're gonna want to know what's going on in there.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the read Jackson....interesting to say the least, an open mind is required.

wonder when jerry gets his just dues :pound:

he already did;3 of them. The teams history has 8 appearances in 50 years. that's enough for now till someone else catches up. In the mean time he got a new stadium and hosted a SB to hold him over.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he already did;3 of them. The teams history has 8 appearances in 50 years. that's enough for now till someone else catches up. In the mean time he got a new stadium and hosted a SB to hold him over.

I think this is your way of feeling better because your team sucks... I suppose the league set up the last 3 playoff meeting Seattle has had with the Redskins.... Does it make you feel better to know the league beat your Redskins 3 times not the Seahawks.... Your starting to sound like a poor sport honestly....

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Naw, he's just gullible. Believes everything he reads on the internet must be true. :L

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

receiver said "ref looked like he saw a ghost"

youll give all the stupid football clichés and say it was before high tech and say this proves nothing.

youll deny yourself your basic understanding of the human condition.

the fact is this was a purposed lie. There is no ifs ands or buts about it.

youll say-"what about now , we have high tech and they wouldn't make that mistake."

they have just become more savvy at lying and you cattle believe all the same stupid clichés. "theres parity now, anything can happen,dems jus da breaks, any given sunday, people make mistakes" bullpucky

Last edited by a moderator:

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

youll give all the stupid football clichés and say it was before high tech and say this proves nothing.

youll say-"what about now , we have high tech and they wouldn't make that mistake."

they have just become more savvy at lying and you cattle believe all the same stupid clichés. "theres parity now, anything can happen,dems jus da breaks, any given sunday, people make mistakes" bullpucky

I'm wondering if this line of thinking is all a facade for your own personal amusement because no sane person actually thinks like you.

If not, you are a mentally sick person and I actually feel bad for you.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm wondering if this line of thinking is all a facade for your own personal amusement because no sane person actually thinks like you.

If not, you are a mentally sick person and I actually feel bad for you.

He's not mentally ill he is just from K-Pax

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BTW- If the call was fixed to favor the Steelers, why wouldn't the ref have just called it incomplete?

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4:49..aside from everything that went their way before hand

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW- If the call was fixed to favor the Steelers, why wouldn't the ref have just called it incomplete?

because he knows what he saw. A lie is a lie is a lie

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your excuse for manning vs Bucs is..he's a great QB, he's clutch, anything can happen, he's got composure , he's an all star, a one of a kind, he's the best,hey sometimes you get all the breaks...

whats your excuse for a hardly playing back up ( along with the starting running back being out)
coming from behind a 35 point deficit.? hey, anything can happen, they were in a weak AFC,houston wasn't that good...yeah right,what ever.

youll say- there isn't anything wrong. he's actually throwing and their actually catching the ball. yes but I don't doubt the Bills linemen were holding all day and not being called for it. and its espn only showing the highlights. I'm sure the small plays in between had their share of holds called and flags or what ever in favor of buffalo.And don't sling me some bad weather excuse bullcrap either.

the end of the highlights they show the bills committing a penalty but not getting called for it when they intercept to get ball back and win the game. But hey, its ok to show it then because ya know, dems jus da breaks baby...bullcrap.They ignored it because Bills were the team picked by the NFL to win

a lie is a lie is a lie

Status
Not open for further replies.