• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is the NFL manipulating games for profit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tell you, I waver between locking this thread for stupidity or just letting it go on, because there isn't much else happening.

I hope you lock it, I hate seeing the Packers logo along side all his asinine comments. He is even making Packers trolls look smart at this point.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah that's right, a Manning Brother has been in 5 of the last 8 Super Bowls and the world just accepts it as entirely possible because "hey, they are just that good, they are the best of the best, it could totally happen man"....

Eli Manning is winner of 2 SBs and yet last year he throws like he's never even touched a football before but the team still goes 7-9....just enough to keep NY ownership happy for having to lose because the SB is NY that year and realistic enough to have a great turn around this year without anyone getting too suspicious...

isn't it fascinating how the aging process works in reverse in sports.

Peyton Manning has a surgery, he's 38 and has the greatest QB Season in the history of mankind !

Ray Lewis says he's retiring before the playoffs start ( he's 38) they magically come together to win one for old Ray.

Elway is around 38 and hints towards retirement and they win a SB finally..this ones for John !...he stays for one more and it happens to be against his old coach.

aren't all of these great,feel good stories that just magically happen !

yeah right..of course you'll say its because they are savvy veterans, the best of the best,highly conditioned athletes . When youre older you are smarter, the young guys don't have the experience yet.
bla bla bla

too perfect an ending happens too often. when you were 36 playing pick up ball against the 24 year olds were you the better one out there ?

come on guys, wake up. Use your brains.

a lie is a lie is a lie

Last edited by a moderator:

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Peyton Manning throwing the ball really well at age 37 is an NFL conspiracy too ? If you really believe this stuff you should seek help asap.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Peyton Manning throwing the ball really well at age 37 is an NFL conspiracy too ? If you really believe this stuff you should seek help asap.

you believe 2 manning brothers can be in 5 of the last 8 super bowls Purely by chance ?

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you believe 2 manning brothers can be in 5 of the last 8 super bowls Purely by chance ?

Football is not a game of chance. Maybe you're thinking of some other game. Have you ever watched a football game ? You didn't answer my question.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Football is not a game of chance. Maybe you're thinking of some other game. Have you ever watched a football game ? You didn't answer my question.

no one said a 38 year old cant throw a ball. I said you aren't as athletic at that age and declining, yet these 38 year old guys are getting a SB right before they leave all the time. You live in such a perfect world where all this is believable?

You are right, nothing happens by chance ,that's my point. You are the one who thinks it happens by chance because nothing is manipulated . I'm telling you it happened so perfectly because it was intended.

again..5 Manning brother appearances in the last 8 years of Super Bowls. You think that wasn't planned and manipulated?

again..the league fed you that parity means anything can happen. So you'll believe any outcome of any game is possible no matter how absurd or repetitive.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the NFL is fixed why hasn't kluwe told us :noidea:

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah that's right, a Manning Brother has been in 5 of the last 8 Super Bowls and the world just accepts it as entirely possible because "hey, they are just that good, they are the best of the best, it could totally happen man"....

Eli Manning is winner of 2 SBs and yet last year he throws like he's never even touched a football before but the team still goes 7-9....just enough to keep NY ownership happy for having to lose because the SB is NY that year and realistic enough to have a great turn around this year without anyone getting too suspicious...

isn't it fascinating how the aging process works in reverse in sports.

Peyton Manning has a surgery, he's 38 and has the greatest QB Season in the history of mankind !

Ray Lewis says he's retiring before the playoffs start ( he's 38) they magically come together to win one for old Ray.

Elway is around 38 and hints towards retirement and they win a SB finally..this ones for John !...he stays for one more and it happens to be against his old coach.

aren't all of these great,feel good stories that just magically happen !

yeah right..of course you'll say its because they are savvy veterans, the best of the best,highly conditioned athletes . When youre older you are smarter, the young guys don't have the experience yet.
bla bla bla

too perfect an ending happens too often. when you were 36 playing pick up ball against the 24 year olds were you the better one out there ?

come on guys, wake up. Use your brains.

a lie is a lie is a lie

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh. absolutely! Roger Goodell told Ryan Fitzpatrick to go out there and absolutely fucking suck last night!
Oh and two years ago, the NFL fixed games because having Joe Flacco in the Super Bowl against Colin Kapernick was worth more money than having Manning or Brady facing Brees or Rodgers.
If you believe that, I got some Arizona swampland located in Montana to sell you. Real cheap.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh. absolutely! Roger Goodell told Ryan Fitzpatrick to go out there and absolutely fucking suck last night!
Oh and two years ago, the NFL fixed games because having Joe Flacco in the Super Bowl against Colin Kapernick was worth more money than having Manning or Brady facing Brees or Rodgers.
If you believe that, I got some Arizona swampland located in Montana to sell you. Real cheap.

that's why you don't work with multi billionaires. You don't have any creative devious, ideas and wouldn't know how to carry them out.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well Jackson....I see you capitalized on your moment in the sun here.

Nice job...attention seekers get attention.
:yahoo:

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well Jackson....I see you capitalized on your moment in the sun here.

Nice job...attention seekers get attention.
:yahoo:

I admit to liking attention but that was not my intension at all. It evolved into social experiment where most on this site simply cant accept the possibility that's its actually happening.They get defensive like you are beating up a brother in front of them instead of thinking it through logically and not believing their first instinct when something is questionable right in front of them.
They make cliché excuses for bad calls instead of acknowledging it is just simply wrong on purpose.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't surprise me, referees play a bigger part of the game than they did before. Once you put the game into the hands of the officials, then manipulation is very easy to pull off.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only questionable game I can remember was a few years ago where Pitt had the ball on the 2 or 3 yard line with a few seconds on the clock left. Ben goes in for the sneak and fumbles it before crossing the goal line and there was no clear angle (or evidence it happened at all) on anybody on Pitt recovering it. The Dolphins came away with the ball and they called it a TD for Pitt to win.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no doubt that games are fixed. And there are actual times in games that you can point to to support the theory.

But as far as this idea that its all fixed? I would need to see more actual times in elimination games that we can point to as manipulations to believe it. If its ALL fixed, there should be plenty of these. Not just, "derp, its a good storyline, so obviously its fixed, derp".

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only questionable game I can remember was a few years ago where Pitt had the ball on the 2 or 3 yard line with a few seconds on the clock left. Ben goes in for the sneak and fumbles it before crossing the goal line and there was no clear angle (or evidence it happened at all) on anybody on Pitt recovering it. The Dolphins came away with the ball and they called it a TD for Pitt to win.

:whistle:

BritishDolfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Pittsburgh - Seahawks Superbowl comes to mind as one that gets mentioned a lot too.

ram29jackson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no doubt that games are fixed. And there are actual times in games that you can point to to support the theory.

But as far as this idea that its all fixed? I would need to see more actual times in elimination games that we can point to as manipulations to believe it. If its ALL fixed, there should be plenty of these. Not just, "derp, its a good storyline, so obviously its fixed, derp".

ok, let see how good you guys are at this.

watch this..watch the plays, watch how defenders react, look at it a couple times..Listen how announcers say the perfect thing at the right time . Listen to how the narrator sets it up. Listen to the obvious stats and the positive spin they give it. Listen to the sound bites by the guys on the NFL network reeling you in to believe the hype. Watch all the time he has, watch players fall down near him. Watch the offensive line hold all day and defenders barely fight forward.
the Oakland game they were saying what accurate passer he was LOL. Think about it..Denver won 6 in a row with Tebow....NO, just not possible without help

31:12 TD against patriots, watch that a couple times, watch the player roll off him and the others poorly attack and tell me you don't think it was staged. Denver scores 23 points? really?

theres plenty in here. These are pro's, they can make plays look good. The NFL gets the best athletes.But if you watch these plays a second and 3rd time you see a different kind of timing.

Status
Not open for further replies.