• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Lebron Most Overrated player EVER?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have totally missed what I was trying to say, or simply ignored it. My original comment (don't remember who I quoted) was about that person saying Kobe carried the Lakers to all 5 titles. I was just pointing out that while Kobe was very important to that 3-peat (of course) it was really Shaq that was the centerpiece of those titles. Something no Laker fan for some reason wants to hear. How can you try to argue what I've said when the stats show Kobe wasn't even 1st team all NBA (Shaq was though) for all of that 3-peat? And I'm not trying to make LeBron look better at all. So let me repeat: in no way am I taking any shots @ Kobe right now. One last time...someone said Kobe carried the Lakers to those 5 titles. Now if he wasn't even voted 1st team all NBA every year of that 3-peat but Shaq was how exactly could Kobe have been the centerpiece of all 5 titles? Hopefully things are cleared up now.

Actually, the quote was "Kobe got the Lakers to the promised land 5 times" which was posted by TLF. That is more or less true, since even you agree that the Lakers don't get that first 3-peat without him. No one has claimed that Kobe carried the Lakers to any titles.

As for Lakers fans "not wanting to hear it," Lakers fans fully acknowledge that the 3-peat doesn't happen without Shaq just as we acknowledge that the last 2 titles don't happen without Pau. The difference in "credit given" is based on who was the "established star" at the time.

In fact, even the "Kobe Kids" faction of Lakers fans has given up on the idea of Kobe ever catching MJ as GOAT. Something Lebroniacs have yet to do with Lebron.

Lebroniacs have been trying to diminish those first 3 titles in an attempt to elevate Lebron over Kobe pretty much since Lebron took the Cavs to the finals the first time.

Also, no one said Kobe was the centerpiece for all 5 titles.

So, basically you misinterpreted a post and claimed things were said that weren't. But, of course, you weren't taking any shots or trying to discredit anything. :rollseyes:

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got this off an email list I'm on.

Please take a moment to admire the great LeBron for the special talent he is. It never gets old looking at the King's history. So many accomplishments Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant will never achieve:

1.Only player in NBA history to quit because of Air Conditioner.
2.First player in NBA history to blame his Jersey
3.Lose not 1, not 2, but 3 times in the Finals.
4.Bail on the dunk contest 9 times.
5.Only able to win a ring with 2 superstars.
6.Play on same team as his moms boyfriend.
7.Average 1.8 pts in the 4th quarter of NBA finals.
8.Dunked on by a high school kid then confiscates the tape.
9.Host a national televised TV show to leave his team.
10.Go 2 for 18 in an NBA playoff game.
11.Get stuffed by a player under 6 feet. (Nate Robinson)
12.Flop every single game in the playoffs.
13.Choke 4 out of 5 finals games by dropping FG% by 18.
14.Quit on his team the year after he promises a championship
15.0 Rings if not for refs calling early fouls on opposing teams.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol.

This thread is a circlejerk of butthurt.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just got this off an email list I'm on.

Please take a moment to admire the great LeBron for the special talent he is. It never gets old looking at the King's history. So many accomplishments Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant will never achieve:

1.Only player in NBA history to quit because of Air Conditioner.
2.First player in NBA history to blame his Jersey
3.Lose not 1, not 2, but 3 times in the Finals.
4.Bail on the dunk contest 9 times.
5.Only able to win a ring with 2 superstars.
6.Play on same team as his moms boyfriend.
7.Average 1.8 pts in the 4th quarter of NBA finals.
8.Dunked on by a high school kid then confiscates the tape.
9.Host a national televised TV show to leave his team.
10.Go 2 for 18 in an NBA playoff game.
11.Get stuffed by a player under 6 feet. (Nate Robinson)
12.Flop every single game in the playoffs.
13.Choke 4 out of 5 finals games by dropping FG% by 18.
14.Quit on his team the year after he promises a championship
15.0 Rings if not for refs calling early fouls on opposing teams.

I LOL'd at this one. Getting desperate to get to 15 I see lol

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the level of hate, I guess I can sum it up as this is a guy that is the size of a defensive end playing basketball and should not be crying for little touch fouls when he misses the shot. I love when he thinks he just threw down some life altering dunk and the fans dont react. Its not that special anymore when you have 60 pounds on the guys you are playing against.

But if belladorka, Shumpert, Love and Irving are all out of the playoff and this cavs team still wins this title, I gotta think minds are gonna change.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the level of hate, I guess I can sum it up as this is a guy that is the size of a defensive end playing basketball and should not be crying for little touch fouls when he misses the shot. I love when he thinks he just threw down some life altering dunk and the fans dont react. Its not that special anymore when you have 60 pounds on the guys you are playing against.

But if belladorka, Shumpert, Love and Irving are all out of the playoff and this cavs team still wins this title, I gotta think minds are gonna change.

lol nope...

fuck that guy...:lol:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you are saying it is only impressive if he loses his whole team lol
He is ALREADY playing with no-all stars and they are going 7 deep. It's incredible.

A foul is a foul. Did Shaq not get fouls called bc he outweighed guys and was so strong. No.
And yes, he complained just like every other superstar.
Stupid argument.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeRoy is on a special level, no other nba player would be allowed to shoot free throws with a bleeding melon.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'BronBron just passed 'Nique for #12 on the all-time scoring list and is about to pass The Big O for #11. That's Oscar Robertson for all you peckerheads who started watching basketball in 2009.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'BronBron just passed 'Nique for #12 on the all-time scoring list and is about to pass The Big O for #11. That's Oscar Robertson for all you peckerheads who started watching basketball in 2009.

I'm a peckerhead who might start watching basketball in 2027. Maybe.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, the quote was "Kobe got the Lakers to the promised land 5 times" which was posted by TLF. That is more or less true, since even you agree that the Lakers don't get that first 3-peat without him. No one has claimed that Kobe carried the Lakers to any titles.

As for Lakers fans "not wanting to hear it," Lakers fans fully acknowledge that the 3-peat doesn't happen without Shaq just as we acknowledge that the last 2 titles don't happen without Pau. The difference in "credit given" is based on who was the "established star" at the time.

In fact, even the "Kobe Kids" faction of Lakers fans has given up on the idea of Kobe ever catching MJ as GOAT. Something Lebroniacs have yet to do with Lebron.

Lebroniacs have been trying to diminish those first 3 titles in an attempt to elevate Lebron over Kobe pretty much since Lebron took the Cavs to the finals the first time.

Also, no one said Kobe was the centerpiece for all 5 titles.

So, basically you misinterpreted a post and claimed things were said that weren't. But, of course, you weren't taking any shots or trying to discredit anything. :rollseyes:
My position just in case I said something really late at night and didn't say it quite right is that Kobe helped the get the Lakers to the promised land five times to Lebron's two times. Not even Michael Jordan got those rings without help - it's a team sport. Lebron, however has had a talent for giving up in the final quarter of the game and not demonstrating the ability to be a killer and a closer like Kobe. Lebron is absolutely the most athletic player in the NBA and athletic wise may be the best ever in the terms of what his body can do, but the problem is that his mind does not possess the natural instincts and ball IQ that players like Shaq, Jordan and Kobe have had. The smartest thing he ever done was team up with Wade and Bosh - and I still think he should have stayed there.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My position just in case I said something really late at night and didn't say it quite right is that Kobe helped the get the Lakers to the promised land five times to Lebron's two times. Not even Michael Jordan got those rings without help - it's a team sport. Lebron, however has had a talent for giving up in the final quarter of the game and not demonstrating the ability to be a killer and a closer like Kobe. Lebron is absolutely the most athletic player in the NBA and athletic wise may be the best ever in the terms of what his body can do, but the problem is that his mind does not possess the natural instincts and ball IQ that players like Shaq, Jordan and Kobe have had. The smartest thing he ever done was team up with Wade and Bosh - and I still think he should have stayed there.

Let me ask you this. If you were able to replace Lebron on the Cavs teams that have gone to the Finals with an in-his-prime Kobe, do you think the Cavs would have won the championships?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me ask you this. If you were able to replace Lebron on the Cavs teams that have gone to the Finals with an in-his-prime Kobe, do you think the Cavs would have won the championships?
Your proposed situation has nothing to do with what I said, so I am not anxious to give you an answer because that would only encourage you with your shit, but nice try. I still maintain that historically speaking Kobe has had a killer instinct and closing abilities that Lebron did not possess, but I will acknowledge that he has matured a lot and have been doing better then when he was in Cleveland first time and in Miami. I will give you that much

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your proposed situation has nothing to do with what I said, so I am not anxious to give you an answer because that would only encourage you with your shit, but nice try. I still maintain that historically speaking Kobe has had a killer instinct and closing abilities that Lebron did not possess, but I will acknowledge that he has matured a lot and have been doing better then when he was in Cleveland first time and in Miami. I will give you that much

My shit? I asked for your opinion, and you refused to give it.

If there's any shit here, it's yours, dude.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Okay, my apology, but your question sounded like bait - but it would have been interesting to see a prime Kobe, but I think it would have went down to the last shot like it did a few with Kobe and Gasol. Lebron had a really good team, but he lacked the one thing that Kobe did have on the Lakers - that was big man that could run and play. The Warriors are the best, but only because there aren't any talented big man on a team that is a contender. Get the right big man and the Warriors will be toppled

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donovan McNabb in high tops.