• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Is Iowa the team that has fallen the furthest?

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny, this years Ohio State reminds me a lot of Wisconsin of a couple of years ago when we had Jordan Taylor running point. I'd never count Ohio State out because I think very highly of Thad Matta, but the comparisons are there, to me, at least.

I'm not sure where you are going with this. Jordan Taylor was our point guard for two years. In the first year, we had the #3 offense in America based on efficiency. In the second year, we lost had a shot at the buzzer to beat a #1 seed in the Sweet 16, and our offense was ranked #19.

We never had trouble when he was here. Last year, we did when he left. We were #108 on offense and #1 on defense. Maybe that's what you are thinking of?

I'm not trying to nitpick. I'm just saying OSU could actually use someone like Jordan Taylor who was offensively aggressive and could shoot his way out of a slump.

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure where you are going with this. Jordan Taylor was our point guard for two years. In the first year, we had the #3 offense in America based on efficiency. In the second year, we lost had a shot at the buzzer to beat a #1 seed in the Sweet 16, and our offense was ranked #19.

We never had trouble when he was here. Last year, we did when he left. We were #108 on offense and #1 on defense. Maybe that's what you are thinking of?

I'm not trying to nitpick. I'm just saying OSU could actually use someone like Jordan Taylor who was offensively aggressive and could shoot his way out of a slump.

Maybe it's based on this years team, but I most recall those teams being so defensively proficient. I do remember as a junior Jordan had such a great assist/turnover ratio, but I don't recall as great of an offensive team. It's probably an unfair prism for me to look through.

I actually think Jordan Taylor and Aaron Craft are fairly comparable. I think both are incredibly steady player who can make big plays for their teams. I think Craft is a much better defensive player, while Jordan is a great decision maker with the ball, but I loosely see it. But, to be specific, I was referring to Jordan's senior year.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Hawkeyes will do fine in the Dance..

2Slick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a crazy night of hoops. Indiana get an upset! And Houston gets an upset! And Duquesne gets an upset! And Penn State gets an upset! And Arkansas gets an upset! Everyone gets an upset!!!

Oh, and you guys are in a rough patch for sure, but you will pull through it. The team has talent.

Think McFly Think

Unaware and Oblivious Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man people overreact all the time in CBB. " OMG ARIZONA LOST ASHLEY THEY ARE SCREWED!!!!"... LOL. " OMG WISCONSIN LOST A FEW GAMES IN A ROW THEY MUST SUCK!!!!"...Double LOL. " OMG SYRACUSE IS PLAYING CLOSE GAMES AND GOT BEAT BY BC!!! THEY HAVE NO SHOT!!!!".... Triple LOL. The reality about Iowa is the same its been all year. Very potent offensively, tend to get lazy on D, cant close out games but can beat anybody in the country on any given night. Road losses to Minnesota and Indiana dont change any of that. Iowa could lose first round of the NCAA tourney or make the EE and neither would surprise me in the slightest. Just a weird ass team to cheer for.

I'm looking forward to the ride.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cuse and St. Louis could be in contention. Cuse has lost 3 out of their last and should've lost to a bottom feeder in Maryland but barely escaped. St. Louis lost to a non tournament team and to a bubble team back to back. One seeds might be AZ, Florida, Duke and Virginia/Wisconsin.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wichita State will be a one seed. Fact.

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cuse and St. Louis could be in contention. Cuse has lost 3 out of their last and should've lost to a bottom feeder in Maryland but barely escaped. St. Louis lost to a non tournament team and to a bubble team back to back. One seeds might be AZ, Florida, Duke and Virginia/Wisconsin.

You really think Cuse has gone the furthest? Shit with who we had coming back its amazing we ever went 25-0 and were ranked top 10 most of the season. Not playing with Grant past two games and at 70 percent the two before that along with Keita out and still hurting, we have a short rotation so yes we are in a slump. No denying that. Preseason if you said right now we would have a 3 loss team I'd say bullshit.