• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Is Brady the GOAT with a SB win this year?

GOAT with SB WIN?

• Total voters

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not as rare as finishing in last place

Yeah the Yankees really know how to do it. Play bad enough to miss the playoffs but play well enough to avoid a good draft pick. Recipe for success.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would it be refreshing, it's what most people think and post?

Yeah, that's total bullshit

All I hear about Pats losses, is about lucky catches or whatever

Which is funny coming from Pats fans[/QUOTE]

The Tyree catch was a lucky catch. That has nothing to do with each of the losses they have had.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta Run to a lunch meeting

Ill be back to kick all your asses again soon

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the Yankees really know how to do it. Play bad enough to miss the playoffs but play well enough to avoid a good draft pick. Recipe for success.

Yes, that's what the Red Sox were doing, they were tanking those seasons, finishing in last, for a better draft pick

That happens a lot in baseball

Well Done

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's total bullshit

All I hear about Pats losses, is about lucky catches or whatever

Which is funny coming from Pats fans

The Tyree catch was a lucky catch. That has nothing to do with each of the losses they have had.[/QUOTE]

Pete Carrroll being born was pretty lucky for you

So we are even

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta Run to a lunch meeting

Ill be back to kick all your asses again soon

Love today's outfit you chose. But seriously, walk, don't run. Not good for those tiny legs.

davis_run3_met.jpg

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tyree catch was a lucky catch. That has nothing to do with each of the losses they have had.

Pete Carrroll being born was pretty lucky for you

So we are even[/QUOTE]

Big difference between those two plays.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, that's what the Red Sox were doing, they were tanking those seasons, finishing in last, for a better draft pick

That happens a lot in baseball

Well Done

Wasn't that your mantra all last season?

The Sox suckiness netted them Andy B and Jason Groome. And just like the Yankees, they didn't win any playoff games.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how any of that relates to anything Im saying

My point is, Rodgers is pretty damn close to being a one man show on the Packers

Brady is getting a lot more help in winning football games than Aaron Rodgers

if Aaron Rodgers completes less than 50% of his passes, and has a QBR of 60 with 2 turnovers, the Packers are going to get demolished

Brady did that, and his team won by 18 points

Its not a criticism of Brady, everyone can have a sub-par game against a good defense

But I don't think im being unfair in saying Its Rodgers or Bust for the Packers, and it is NOT Brady or Bust for the Patriots
LOL at the bolded part. That pass to set up winning FG last weekend, that everyone is raving about, was an incredible catch by Cook too, pure ballet to keep his toes in bounds. Great pass, but few receivers make that catch.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at the bolded part. That pass to set up winning FG last weekend, that everyone is raving about, was an incredible catch by Cook too, pure ballet to keep his toes in bounds. Great pass, but few receivers make that catch.

Lol

Yeah few receivers but Jared Fin Cooke

Too funny

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady vs. Joe Montana Stat Comparison: Who's The Better Quarterback?

Good read, and taking the era's in consideration and your right about the playoffs, Montana raised his game

Meh...it's a poor article, but nowhere near as stupid as the next one I'll respond to. The stats issue is just a product of their respective environments. Had Montana been throwing 500, 600+ passes year in, year out, I'm sure he could've led in more categories.

The longevity issue is laughable...today's QB's are simply far more protected, and given the medicinal and nutritional advancements, the players will last longer period. And the whole talent/winning issue is fully rendered pointless given the respective eras and passing rules. A all time top tiered QB in this era is gonna dominate far more than a similar type QB in previous eras due to the pass rules/talent spread even/etc.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol

Yeah few receivers but Jared Fin Cooke

Too funny
Does not matter who he is, he made an incredible catch. You basically said Rodgers plays by himself ... that is not only too funny, it's hilarious.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QUOTE="NEPatsfan, post: 9529823, member: 9080"]Nope, sometimes they just suck and the other team is much better.

Refreshing[/QUOTE]
Seriously though, NE fans say this all the time. You're just hearing what you want to hear and then generalizing a fanbase. It's just way to make yourself feel better. Stop.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ask that you take a look at the stats layed out in this article.

Here Comes Tom Brady, the Best Who Ever Lived

From the article,

Brady singularly holds every single record in both postseason and Super Bowl history, whether we're talking individual stats or team accomplishments.

Numbers in bulk? Not even taking into consideration the different eras they play in? Do I need to go on? What a terrible source. The author? Kerry Byrne? The same Patriot fanboi who stated this:

Kerry Byrne said:
Myth: Marino was a big-game quarterback.

Cold, Hard Football Facts: Want to know the real reason why Marino never won a Super Bowl? Sadly, the answer sits with Dan Marino himself.

Simply put, Marino did not elevate his game in the playoffs. In fact, his played dropped off quite noticeably. Marino has a career regular season passer rating of 86.4. His postseason passer rating was just 77.1. He played in 18 playoff games, and won just eight of them.

Little did Byrne realize that Tom Brady's regular season QB rating is 97.2. His playoff QB rating drops to 87.4....a BIGGER drop than Marino. Guess by his own reasoning, Tom Brady is NOT a big game QB.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are instances of Montana and Rodgers playing sub-par and still winning in the playoffs (and winning Super Bowls that year)

And when taking into consideration Montana's entire playoff career, he played at a higher level than his HOF regular season level. In fact....Montana has a higher QB rating in the playoffs than Tom Brady....significantly higher given how pass rules have completely changed the game today.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Numbers in bulk? Not even taking into consideration the different eras they play in? Do I need to go on? What a terrible source. The author? Kerry Byrne? The same Patriot fanboi who stated this:

Little did Byrne realize that Tom Brady's regular season QB rating is 97.2. His playoff QB rating drops to 87.4....a BIGGER drop than Marino. Guess by his own reasoning, Tom Brady is NOT a big game QB.

You realize you are questioning a very established stat guy? He is well respected, and calls out the Patriots when calling out is needed.

What I take from your comment is you can't actually refute his article, and main point, that Brady is getting so far ahead that that era argument, along with other arguments, is becoming moot.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And when taking into consideration Montana's entire playoff career, he played at a higher level than his HOF regular season level. In fact....Montana has a higher QB rating in the playoffs than Tom Brady....significantly higher given how pass rules have completely changed the game today.

And also played substantially less.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I know the stats. But in your post you said that Brady had a sub-par performance and still won. You mentioned Rodgers and Montana, both of whom have games in which they had sub-par performances in the playoffs and won.

I really don't care about overall playoff stats, because they don't really matter. What matters is putting together a string of great performances to win a championship. For example, Manning in 2003 had a 106.4 QB rating for the playoffs. Looks great right? Well he had two incredible performances and then peed down his leg in New England. So what does it matter in the end?

Montana put together three excellent Super Bowl runs, and I credit him with that. Brady has put together 2 in my opinion. Rodgers hasn't put together one yet. He might be in the middle of one, but he has to finish it.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize you are questioning a very established stat guy? He is well respected, and calls out the Patriots when calling out is needed.

What I take from your comment is you can't actually refute his article, and main point, that Brady is getting so far ahead that that era argument, along with other arguments, is becoming moot.

Uhhh...when someone compares numbers at face value withOUT considering the different eras, and I point that out, that IS refuting it. The funniest part of that is this:

And also played substantially less.

....so playing substantially less is valid in your eyes when comparing a large size sample of the average performance, but taking bulk numbers from two different eras is legit? Makes no sense. Sorry....there really is nothing you can do to refute it. Brady has the massive advantage of today's pass rules at his back, and still trails Montana by a fairly wide margin considering that fact. Brady playing more games had little if anything to do with that.