• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Is Brady the GOAT with a SB win this year?

GOAT with SB WIN?

• Total voters

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does it need to be undefeated? What if it's 5-2 or 6-2 or 7-2, for example?
If Brady wins the 5th ring, I suspect he'll be back just to try and make the 1A/1B talk goes away for good.

No matter what he does, he's been really fun to watch!

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you Patsfan. It's a really hard pick and it's probably a bit subjective I suppose. I saw all four of Montana's SB wins and they were some of the most exciting wins I've ever seen. That game against the Bengals was epic!!!!! At the end of the day it comes down to rings so if Brady wins #5 I would put Brady at 1A and Montana at 1B, but for how good Brady is, I enjoyed watching Montana's SB wins more.
:suds:
@sonnyblack65

This is what I meant Sonny. Just an honest benchmark to work with.

To both of you,

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has one Super Bowl win in a dozen seasons, and most would agree its a win the Pats probably shouldn't have had...........We will always agree to dis-agree on the ice in the veins comment....With many of his great postseason performances, Ive seen him twice against the Giants, or a few times vs the Ravens, or that game vs the Chargers, or the home loss to the Jets, or his last 2 AFC title game losses to Denver

All very subpar or flat out poor performances by Brady, but somehow because its him, its completely ignored

Yawn your team got shit ass lucky with the Tyree catch, or not calling a sack( in the grasp, or ball goes straight through Samuels hand and then the other SB vs Giants, Sure Pats should be 5-1 if you want to keep bringing up Seattle game. Blount led the NFL in Tds this year, and Pats got stuffed on 1st and goal on the 1 yard line to Seattle this year, only loss with Brady this year.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has one Super Bowl win in a dozen seasons, and most would agree its a win the Pats probably shouldn't have had...........We will always agree to dis-agree on the ice in the veins comment....With many of his great postseason performances, Ive seen him twice against the Giants, or a few times vs the Ravens, or that game vs the Chargers, or the home loss to the Jets, or his last 2 AFC title game losses to Denver

All very subpar or flat out poor performances by Brady, but somehow because its him, its completely ignored
Because the consistency of always being in it, and a couple plays from winning, will yield some piss poor performances. It isn't ignored at all. I can rattle off stats (27 INTs in the last 22 playoff games, 8 in the last 6) easily. Why? Because it's talked about on Boston radio a lot.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yawn your team got shit ass lucky with the Tyree catch, or not calling a sack( in the grasp, or ball goes straight through Samuels hand and then the other SB vs Giants, Sure Pats should be 5-1 if you want to keep bringing up Seattle game. Blount led the NFL in Tds this year, and Pats got stuffed on 1st and goal on the 1 yard line to Seattle this year, only loss with Brady this year.

None of that changes the fact that Tom Brady took a record setting offense and put up 14 points in the biggest game of the year vs the Giants

"Ice in the veins"

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And id take Rodgers over Brady 8 days a week

A matter of opinion and preference

Sure to me Rodgers is like AB,Julio or ODB. Fun as hell to watch but to early to put them in same category as Jerry Rice yet. Maybe when all is said and done, but not enough yet

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because the consistency of always being in it, and a couple plays from winning, will yield some piss poor performances. It isn't ignored at all. I can rattle off stats (27 INTs in the last 22 playoff games, 8 in the last 6) easily. Why? Because it's talked about on Boston radio a lot.

I like it

That's all fair

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more interesting question is:

Does a loss in the AFCCG hurt his GOAT argument?

Does a loss in the superbowl? Which is worse?

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rice was great but he was in the perfect system for him to excel. Not to mention he had two of the greatest QBs of all time throwing to him.

...and if he was a Patriots player, his stickum would be significant.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more interesting question is:

Does a loss in the AFCCG hurt his GOAT argument?

Does a loss in the superbowl? Which is worse?

AFCCG would not look good

Only because most would agree he beat a pretty shitty team to get there

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of that changes the fact that Tom Brady took a record setting offense and put up 14 points in the biggest game of the year vs the Giants

"Ice in the veins"

Sure he took a no1 offense, after all he had an elite reciever and threw for 50 tds .He didn't have 1 t/o while getting sacked 6 times, credit to Coughlin and your D. Denver killed it a few years ago, the no#1 offense, Manning turned it over 4 times and they finally scored on last play in 3rd Q, only score of game. Brady gave them a lead late in SB, who would of thought Dilfer Sr would have scored and by such a luck catch, probably bigger than the immaculate reception

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFCCG would not look good

Only because most would agree he beat a pretty shitty team to get there

Brady record is dominant vs all the other divisions, already posted. The AFCS and NFCN have been weak. The only kryptonite is the Broncos

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't have 1 t/o while getting sacked 6 times, credit to Coughlin and your D. Denver killed it a few years ago, the no#1 offense, Manning turned it over 4 times and they finally scored on last play in 3rd Q, only score of game. Brady gave them a lead late in SB, who would of thought Dilfer Sr would have scored and by such a luck catch, probably bigger than the immaculate reception

Tuck Rule
Pete Carroll

Not my problem Eli is so athletic

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tuck Rule
Pete Carroll

Not my problem Eli is so athletic

Listen I respect Eli because of his toughness. Keep living in the past my friend, I'm looking forward to this weekend. The what ifs and could off don't change shit

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A standard only the Patriots are held to, and ignores their constant being on the verge of another one, and no other team has been besides them.

Im a Yankees fan, I haven't ever celebrated just falling short of winning a title, ever

So maybe that's where I get it from

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen I respect Eli because of his toughness. Keep living in the past my friend, I'm looking forward to this weekend. The what ifs and could off don't change shit

Agreed, youre the one bringing up the Tyree catch

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get a kick out of the "what if's". The ole' Billy Buckner was at fault for the W.S. loss in 86, never mind the fact there was still a game to go debate strategy. It's a foolish argument.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that's just a silly argument. The game is 60 minutes. The Pats scored more points. If that lucky catch isn't made, the other play never happens anyway.

Honestly, every time the Pats win, its because they are great

Every time they lose, its because the other team got lucky

The Pats have had a TON of Luck go their way in winning titles, so it goes both ways

CowboyB

#1 Ignored
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"Ice in the veins"

I take it back.

Tom Brady is great at knowing what to do when he has the other teams' defensive plays.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, youre the one bringing up the Tyree catch

Because you keep harping on Seattle's choice to throw i and they shouldn't have won that SB . Brady played good in that SB, kudos to Giants D and Eli for scoring to win. Brady has cost the Pats some games and playoffs, no doubt but he has been good,elite more times