• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Is Brady the GOAT with a SB win this year?

GOAT with SB WIN?

• Total voters

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I know the stats. But in your post you said that Brady had a sub-par performance and still won. You mentioned Rodgers and Montana, both of whom have games in which they had sub-par performances in the playoffs and won.

I really don't care about overall playoff stats, because they don't really matter. What matters is putting together a string of great performances to win a championship. For example, Manning in 2003 had a 106.4 QB rating for the playoffs. Looks great right? Well he had two incredible performances and then peed down his leg in New England. So what does it matter in the end?

Montana put together three excellent Super Bowl runs, and I credit him with that. Brady has put together 2 in my opinion. Rodgers hasn't put together one yet. He might be in the middle of one, but he has to finish it.

Except, we're not talking about Peyton Manning.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhhh...when someone compares numbers at face value withOUT considering the different eras, and I point that out, that IS refuting it. The funniest part of that is this:

....so playing substantially less is valid in your eyes when comparing a large size sample of the average performance, but taking bulk numbers from two different eras is legit? Makes no sense. Sorry....there really is nothing you can do to refute it. Brady has the massive advantage of today's pass rules at his back, and still trails Montana by a fairly wide margin considering that fact. Brady playing more games had little if anything to do with that.

So what is the benchmark? You seem to set it in a manner so you always have an out. Why not simply just admit you love Joe more and it doesn't matter if Tom beats him in every way possible from a statistical view. (Which Tom is basically doing already.)

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what is the benchmark? You seem to set it in a manner so you always have an out. Why not simply just admit you love Joe more and it doesn't matter if Tom beats him in every way possible from a statistical view. (Which Tom is basically doing already.)

Have you admitted that you love Tom more and it doesn't matter what anyone else says? Did I miss it?

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you admitted that you love Tom more and it doesn't matter what anyone else says? Did I miss it?

Actually I have pointed out that I could see Rodgers possibly passing him in time. I have no issue with the passing of a torch from a favorite player or team to another.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I have pointed out that I could see Rodgers possibly passing him in time. I have no issue with the passing of a torch from a favorite player or team to another.

Neither do I, but further accumulating of stats won't do it in this case. I've already pointed out that Montana never threw for 4,000 yards in a season while Flacco just threw for 4,300 in a year he sucked ass. What would a 5,000 yards season by Brady offer to this discussion?

When are you going to wrap your brain around the fact that people value certain things over others that may not necessarily agree with your value system???

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither do I, but further accumulating of stats won't do it in this case. I've already pointed out that Montana never threw for 4,000 yards in a season while Flacco just threw for 4,300 in a year he sucked ass. What would a 5,000 yards season by Brady offer to this discussion?

When are you going to wrap your brain around the fact that people value certain things over others that may not necessarily agree with your value system???

I already have. I'm just pointing out the dishonesting in much of this debating. All many of them have to do is just admit up front that there is nothing that can change their mind, even if he played 10 more years and won 10 straight SB MVPs.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already have. I'm just pointing out the dishonesting in much of this debating. All many of them have to do is just admit up front that there is nothing that can change their mind, even if he played 10 more years and won 10 straight SB MVPs.

When he finishes 10 more years and wins 10 straight SB MVPs, I promise I will call him the undisputed GOAT.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When he finishes 10 more years and wins 10 straight SB MVPs, I promise I will call him the undisputed GOAT.

So then the actual benchmark is 10 more? Or is it somewhere before that?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not true, especially when you consider how long of a span we are talking about. The AFC has had it's dominant years during that time, and it's weaker years during that time. The fact that the Patriots have been more dominant overall doesn't change that.
We'll have to agree to disagree. The amount of power teams in the NFC for Montana's 12-year run was unprecedented and I cannot imagine will ever be matched.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll have to agree to disagree. The amount of power teams in the NFC for Montana's 12-year run was unprecedented and I cannot imagine will ever be matched.

Yeah, I don't buy that it was any greater than it is now. There have been lots of AFC power teams the last couple of decades.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So then the actual benchmark is 10 more? Or is it somewhere before that?

My benchmark is when Brady revolutionizes the QB position more than Unitas did.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize Unitas's stats weren't all that great right?

Comparing stats between Unitas and Brady is about as productive as comparing their hairstyles.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I'm back everyone