• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Is Brady the GOAT with a SB win this year?

GOAT with SB WIN?

• Total voters

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how any of that relates to anything Im saying

My point is, Rodgers is pretty damn close to being a one man show on the Packers

Brady is getting a lot more help in winning football games than Aaron Rodgers

if Aaron Rodgers completes less than 50% of his passes, and has a QBR of 60 with 2 turnovers, the Packers are going to get demolished

Brady did that, and his team won by 18 points

Its not a criticism of Brady, everyone can have a sub-par game against a good defense

But I don't think im being unfair in saying Its Rodgers or Bust for the Packers, and it is NOT Brady or Bust for the Patriots

Houston knows the Pats and they still own by 18. Yes Brady had a shit game 2 td/2int when he only had 2 picks the entire 12 game season he played. Rodgers is a great QB but he has nice guys on offense, when they run the ball they do well, but choose to throw a lot. I'd take Brady as my QB 8 days a week and then Rodgers next imo

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But at some point it doesn't carry enough weight any longer, which is my question to people that hold him higher, where is that line? It's sets a baseline for debating, or the person can simply just say there isn't one Brady can ever get to because of their own bias, which is fine.

If Brady went 5-0 and was perfect in the SB's then maybe your argument is right, but not the case

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that article effectively proves your postion wrong. The Cassell year actually also proves your position wrong via showing such a large drop off from Brady.

Nice try though.

Ultimately what it comes down to, is you simply hate Brady and the Patriots, probably for ther success and dominance in the NFL the last 2 decades.

Statistically a drop off, of course, Tom Brady s BY FAR a better QB than Matt Cassell

But they didn't stop winning, that was the entire point being made......

As far as their dominance, youre just being a fan boy, they have one SB title in the past 12 or 13 seasons, and it took the worst play call in NFL history for that to happen

Come back to us

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wasn't an answer,
I asked what the tipping point would be.
And your competition point is lacking to say the least
, and sort of a cop out. Especially since the NFL is now designed to create more competition than we had during Joe's days. And it has; however Brady and the Patriots have broken it. (There are just as many teams during Brady's time, if not more, than what you listed for Joe's days.)
He plays 5 more years and wins two more against outstanding competiion. In other words, he can't because the AFC is so weak now. And my competition point was spot on and basically ends the conversation. It is inarguable that that era had the greatest teams in NFL history.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston knows the Pats and they still own by 18. Yes Brady had a shit game 2 td/2int when he only had 2 picks the entire 12 game season he played. Rodgers is a great QB but he has nice guys on offense, when they run the ball they do well, but choose to throw a lot. I'd take Brady as my QB 8 days a week and then Rodgers next imo

And id take Rodgers over Brady 8 days a week

A matter of opinion and preference

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, what I'm saying is that a lot of them aren't being honest about what the real reason is as to who they hold higher. They get all convoluted, instead of just stating they love one more than the and nothing the other does will ever change it.

If someone simply loves Joe more than Tom, and there is nothing Tom can ever do to change that (More titles/stats/etc), then they should just say so, there is nothing wrong with that, but not doing so is in fact being dishonest.

Why do you need someone to say anything? We all know that you love Tom more than any other QB and there's nothing that will change your mind. We don't need you to write that.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....and give Brady a decade of Jerry Rice. Tit for tat all day long on this subject.

I have them about equal but Tom's been more consistent and relevant for about 5 years longer at this point.

Fuckin' Montana. 4 SB wins without tossing a pick. That's ridiculous.
Rice was great but he was in the perfect system for him to excel. Not to mention he had two of the greatest QBs of all time throwing to him.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it also discredits/punishes for winning more Conf. Championships.
I hear you Patsfan. It's a really hard pick and it's probably a bit subjective I suppose. I saw all four of Montana's SB wins and they were some of the most exciting wins I've ever seen. That game against the Bengals was epic!!!!! At the end of the day it comes down to rings so if Brady wins #5 I would put Brady at 1A and Montana at 1B, but for how good Brady is, I enjoyed watching Montana's SB wins more.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone else gets it

And that's before we get into the 'Era' thing, where Montana played in an era where you were actually allowed to play defense

And allowed to get hammered in the pocket. Now days you can't even breathe on the QB without getting a roughing call.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I understand you love Tom Brady, and everyone that questions his Godness is an idiot, but because you love him, you are right

Drew Brees has some insane looking passing numbers every season, and also has the luxury of playing his entire career with one of the worst defenses the league has ever seen, and because of it, we don't discuss him very often

Sure I love Brady I watched the Patriots win shit the first 31 years . Belichick becomes HC , they go 5-11 and then 0-2 before Bledsoe gets injured and then they go to 11 AFCG with him, 6 SB , while they miss the playoff the 2 years he does'nt play. GB has been real lgood with Starr, Favre and Rodgers, GB has know success before, NE hasnt'. 50 Tds and only 5 Qb's have gone over 5000 yards and Brady is one, Guy has gone 350 passes w/o a pick won 23 straight games and has ice in his veins like Montana.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Statistically a drop off, of course, Tom Brady s BY FAR a better QB than Matt Cassell

But they didn't stop winning, that was the entire point being made......

As far as their dominance, youre just being a fan boy, they have one SB title in the past 12 or 13 seasons, and it took the worst play call in NFL history for that to happen

Come back to us

Since the Kraft family bought the team, there has been no team with more success than the Patriots.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does it need to be undefeated? What if it's 5-2 or 6-2 or 7-2, for example?
because that doesn't cement shit . Right now they are opinions. Stop acting like a cop or fed, with all the ? and interrogations , you like to put people under the lamp :suds:

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He plays 5 more years and wins two more against outstanding competiion. In other words, he can't because the AFC is so weak now. And my competition point was spot on and basically ends the conversation. It is inarguable that that era had the greatest teams in NFL history.

And your weakness argument is a fallacy, and a cop out.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree, but I'm always curious to know what is the tipping point in that persons mind. It often exposes the real reason they have someone higher, personal love for them and an unwillingness to let them be surpassed regardless of the facts at hand.
I suppose it might be Montan's perfect record in Super Bowls and Brady's one game over .500 record. At least I think Brady is 3 and 2.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure I love Brady I watched the Patriots win shit the first 31 years . Belichick becomes HC , they go 5-11 and then 0-2 before Bledsoe gets injured and then they go to 11 AFCG with him, 6 SB , while they miss the playoff the 2 years he does'nt play. GB has been real lgood with Starr, Favre and Rodgers, GB has know success before, NE hasnt'. 50 Tds and only 5 Qb's have gone over 5000 yards and Brady is one, Guy has gone 350 passes w/o a pick won 23 straight games and has ice in his veins like Montana.

Has one Super Bowl win in a dozen seasons, and most would agree its a win the Pats probably shouldn't have had...........We will always agree to dis-agree on the ice in the veins comment....With many of his great postseason performances, Ive seen him twice against the Giants, or a few times vs the Ravens, or that game vs the Chargers, or the home loss to the Jets, or his last 2 AFC title game losses to Denver

All very subpar or flat out poor performances by Brady, but somehow because its him, its completely ignored

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has one Super Bowl win in a dozen seasons, and most would agree its a win the Pats probably shouldn't have had...........We will always agree to dis-agree on the ice in the veins comment....With many of his great postseason performances, Ive seen him twice against the Giants, or a few times vs the Ravens, or that game vs the Chargers, or the home loss to the Jets, or his last 2 AFC title game losses to Denver

All very subpar or flat out poor performances by Brady, but somehow because its him, its completely ignored

A standard only the Patriots are held to, and ignores their constant being on the verge of another one, and no other team has been besides them.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And that's just a silly argument. The game is 60 minutes. The Pats scored more points. If that lucky catch isn't made, the other play never happens anyway.