• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Is Brady the GOAT with a SB win this year?

GOAT with SB WIN?

• Total voters

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hiding what answer? Montana is either 1a or 1b doesnt matter how you slice it. I'm not here to grille or give people the 3rd degree if they don't agree with me. An opinion is just that, not facts.

No, what I'm saying is that a lot of them aren't being honest about what the real reason is as to who they hold higher. They get all convoluted, instead of just stating they love one more than the and nothing the other does will ever change it.

If someone simply loves Joe more than Tom, and there is nothing Tom can ever do to change that (More titles/stats/etc), then they should just say so, there is nothing wrong with that, but not doing so is in fact being dishonest.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he was 4/4. Played in 4, won all 4. Outstanding! Brady's got huge longevity and some pretty sick skills!

Ok, but wait a second here. I hope you're not making two more Conference Championship games out to be a slight on Brady.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's just it...you're consumed with 'wins' period it seems. I look at how the individual performs...especially in the biggest of games. Put it this way....Brady just put up a sub-par performance against the Texans....and still 'won.' Do you think had say....Aaron Rodgers put up a similar performance....do you think the Packers advance? 90% chance not.

It's not that Montana is 4 for 4 in SB's....it's that when he got to the playoffs, he played at a higher level than he did in the regular season.
There are instances of Montana and Rodgers playing sub-par and still winning in the playoffs (and winning Super Bowls that year)

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wins are a team accomplishment, Ive repeated a million times that Tom Brady can play sub-par like last week, and the Pats can still win by 20, while someone like Aaron Rodgers can play perfectly, put up 40 points and lose to Atlanta by 10 points this weekend, I don't think that would shock anyone.......

It would be like me sitting here saying Eli Manning has won 2 Super Bowls, so he is better than every QB in history that hasn't won 2 Super Bowls, and I would never believe that

But to answer your question, because of the different eras, different type of competition, the GOAT will always be a matter of opinion....But that's how it is in every sport...In baseball, there is no clear cut best pitcher, in the NBA, Jordan may be the closest, but there are large segments now that have Lebron

The era thing is always going to be tough to quantify

Actually wins can be a very good measuring stick.

http://www.footballnation.com/artic...tom-brady-stat-****-will-make-your-knees-weak

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wins are a team accomplishment, Ive repeated a million times that Tom Brady can play sub-par like last week, and the Pats can still win by 20, while someone like Aaron Rodgers can play perfectly, put up 40 points and lose to Atlanta by 10 points this weekend, I don't think that would shock anyone.......

It would be like me sitting here saying Eli Manning has won 2 Super Bowls, so he is better than every QB in history that hasn't won 2 Super Bowls, and I would never believe that

But to answer your question, because of the different eras, different type of competition, the GOAT will always be a matter of opinion....But that's how it is in every sport...In baseball, there is no clear cut best pitcher, in the NBA, Jordan may be the closest, but there are large segments now that have Lebron

The era thing is always going to be tough to quantify

You keep saying that over and over and over. You get rewarded for having the best record, 10-6 2 years in a row doesn't get you that. Houston had the 1# ranked D, they have former Pats coaches/players on thier team. HC Obrien used to be Brady QB coach, Crennel former Pats DC, Vrabel,Izzo and Wilfork. How can they not have any more insight of the Pats? Houston won that division and Rodgers lost to 2 teams in that division, one by over 20 and beat Jax by 3. Sure pats record was the wekest but you have to win those games, can't lose to the AFCS or teams you should defeat. And the BS if you put player A on team B, they would win more, chemistry and leadership are huge

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, Wins are a team accomplishment, especially when you win 11 of them with Matt Cassell

And that article effectively proves your postion wrong. The Cassell year actually also proves your position wrong via showing such a large drop off from Brady.

Nice try though.

Ultimately what it comes down to, is you simply hate Brady and the Patriots, probably for ther success and dominance in the NFL the last 2 decades.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, but wait a second here. I hope you're not making two more Conference Championship games out to be a slight on Brady.
Nope, not at all. If Brady wins the 5th ring I would call a dead heat for the greatest of all. 1A and 1B if you will. If Brady retires without the 5th ring I would give the nod to Montana (only slightly) because of his perfect 4/4 SB record. That carries a fair bit of weight to me. Just my humble opinion.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, not at all. If Brady wins the 5th ring I would call a dead heat for the greatest of all. 1A and 1B if you will. If Brady retires without the 5th ring I would give the nod to Montana (only slightly) because of his perfect 4/4 SB record. That carries a fair bit of weight to me. Just my humble opinion.

But it also discredits/punishes for winning more Conf. Championships.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep saying that over and over and over. You get rewarded for having the best record, 10-6 2 years in a row doesn't get you that. Houston had the 1# ranked D, they have former Pats coaches/players on thier team. HC Obrien used to be Brady QB coach, Crennel former Pats DC, Vrabel,Izzo and Wilfork. How can they not have any more insight of the Pats? Houston won that division and Rodgers lost to 2 teams in that division, one by over 20 and beat Jax by 3. Sure pats record was the wekest but you have to win those games, can't lose to the AFCS or teams you should defeat. And the BS if you put player A on team B, they would win more, chemistry and leadership are huge

I don't know how any of that relates to anything Im saying

My point is, Rodgers is pretty damn close to being a one man show on the Packers

Brady is getting a lot more help in winning football games than Aaron Rodgers

if Aaron Rodgers completes less than 50% of his passes, and has a QBR of 60 with 2 turnovers, the Packers are going to get demolished

Brady did that, and his team won by 18 points

Its not a criticism of Brady, everyone can have a sub-par game against a good defense

But I don't think im being unfair in saying Its Rodgers or Bust for the Packers, and it is NOT Brady or Bust for the Patriots

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, Wins are a team accomplishment, especially when you win 11 of them with Matt Cassell

yes when you have an avg QB like ELI. Brady has led the league 3 times in Tds, had over 4800 3 times in. Most throws w/o ints, most tds w/p a pick, most consecutive win streak, 2nd most consecutive games etc etc. Throw in only unanimimous MVP or only guy selected by his peers top 5 each year.

Your arguments my friend are weaker than circus lemonade or puppy shit. Bring something solid

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That guy writes more Brady loving articles than any NY sportswriter ever
By the way, it's a perfectly acceptable position to have. It's a lazy article, but it's not like it's an absurd thing to say. It's just something that can never be proven and an argument you would have at a bar. Whoopie.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, what I'm saying is that a lot of them aren't being honest about what the real reason is as to who they hold higher. They get all convoluted, instead of just stating they love one more than the and nothing the other does will ever change it.

If someone simply loves Joe more than Tom, and there is nothing Tom can ever do to change that (More titles/stats/etc), then they should just say so, there is nothing wrong with that, but not doing so is in fact being dishonest.

With Joe Montana no explanation needs to be made his playoff and SB performances have done that already

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes when you have an avg QB like ELI. Brady has led the league 3 times in Tds, had over 4800 3 times in. Most throws w/o ints, most tds w/p a pick, most consecutive win streak, 2nd most consecutive games etc etc. Throw in only unanimimous MVP or only guy selected by his peers top 5 each year.

Your arguments my friend are weaker than circus lemonade or puppy shit. Bring something solid

Yeah, I understand you love Tom Brady, and everyone that questions his Godness is an idiot, but because you love him, you are right

Drew Brees has some insane looking passing numbers every season, and also has the luxury of playing his entire career with one of the worst defenses the league has ever seen, and because of it, we don't discuss him very often

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Joe Montana no explanation needs to be made his playoff and SB performances have done that already

But at some point it doesn't carry enough weight any longer, which is my question to people that hold him higher, where is that line? It's sets a baseline for debating, or the person can simply just say there isn't one Brady can ever get to because of their own bias, which is fine.