• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Is Brady the GOAT with a SB win this year?

GOAT with SB WIN?

• Total voters

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very difficult to determine the best of all time in any team sport.

I just gotta ask all the Brady bashers. Have you watched the guy play? He's pretty damn good.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He really has had no competition in the AFC during his run other than a couple of good Denver teams and Colts teams. He is a great player and a winner though.

Then you haven't been watching football during his time in the NFL.

And you didn't answer the question.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you haven't been watching football during his time in the NFL.

And you didn't answer the question.
Of course I did. You just didn't accept my answer. The lack of competition in the AFC during his tenure puts him behind Montana.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course I did. You just didn't accept my answer. The lack of competition in the AFC during his tenure puts him behind Montana.

That wasn't an answer, I asked what the tipping point would be.

And your competition point is lacking to say the least, and sort of a cop out. Especially since the NFL is now designed to create more competition than we had during Joe's days. And it has; however Brady and the Patriots have broken it. (There are just as many teams during Brady's time, if not more, than what you listed for Joe's days.)

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Montana will always be my favorite. When he had the ball 4 points down and :50 to play you always knew something great was about to happen. If Brady wins, he will have 5 rings and it's hard to argue with that.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have said this over and over, I have no prob with anyone putting Montana as no#1, as I had him there for 30 years, or Unitas

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

....and give Brady a decade of Jerry Rice. Tit for tat all day long on this subject.

I have them about equal but Tom's been more consistent and relevant for about 5 years longer at this point.

Fuckin' Montana. 4 SB wins without tossing a pick. That's ridiculous.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have said this over and over, I have no prob with anyone putting Montana as no#1, as I had him there for 30 years, or Unitas

I don't disagree, but I'm always curious to know what is the tipping point in that persons mind. It often exposes the real reason they have someone higher, personal love for them and an unwillingness to let them be surpassed regardless of the facts at hand.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Montana will always be my favorite. When he had the ball 4 points down and :50 to play you always knew something great was about to happen. If Brady wins, he will have 5 rings and it's hard to argue with that.

I put them about equal here. I've seen many last minute drives from Brady where he was a fuckin' surgeon.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll wait for the entire body of work before I decide.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Someone else gets it

And that's before we get into the 'Era' thing, where Montana played in an era where you were actually allowed to play defense

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree, but I'm always curious to know what is the tipping point in that persons mind. It often exposes the real reason they have someone higher, personal love for them and an unwillingness to let them be surpassed regardless of the facts at hand.

Not me this is a poll and if someone gives a legit answer, I don't need any explanation

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone else gets it

And that's before we get into the 'Era' thing, where Montana played in an era where you were actually allowed to play defense

So what accomplishment/stat/etc would then put Brady ahead in your mind? If you can't answer that question, then you are simply exposed as being biased and unwilling to accept facts.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me this is a poll and if someone gives a legit answer, I don't need any explanation

But they are then hiding the real answer, which is what you seek. If it's simply for their love of the person, they should just state such, it's an acceptable answer, no need to hide.

Honesty is my point, most of them are not being so.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....and give Brady a decade of Jerry Rice. Tit for tat all day long on this subject.

I have them about equal but Tom's been more consistent and relevant for about 5 years longer at this point.

Fuckin' Montana. 4 SB wins without tossing a pick. That's ridiculous.

And he was 4/4. Played in 4, won all 4. Outstanding! Brady's got huge longevity and some pretty sick skills!

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they are then hiding the real answer, which is what you seek. If it's simply for their love of the person, they should just state such, it's an acceptable answer, no need to hide.

Honesty is my point, most of them are not being so.

Hiding what answer? Montana is either 1a or 1b doesnt matter how you slice it. I'm not here to grille or give people the 3rd degree if they don't agree with me. An opinion is just that, not facts.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He deserves plenty of credit for not failing in those situations as I agree there are plenty of very good QBs who would. Again, when it comes to comparing the actual individual player I would rather have a guy like Aaron Rodgers & Joe Montana who aren't as pocket dependent. I would also rather have guys with strong arms. Brady is certainly one of the greatest but if I have 1 game to win he is probably the 3rd or 4th guy I am picking.

To disregard the cheating is bullshit. We HAVE to take on the FULL resume...not just the good stuff you like.
3rd or 4th is fine, I'm not going to argue splitting hairs.

I disregard the cheating BECAUSE it's bullshit. We will never agree on it so there is no point in arguing it with you. So, let's ignore it in this argument and see if we can have a civil discussion in regards to everything outside of the cheating. Which we did. Thank you

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what accomplishment/stat/etc would then put Brady ahead in your mind? If you can't answer that question, then you are simply exposed as being biased and unwilling to accept facts.

Wins are a team accomplishment, Ive repeated a million times that Tom Brady can play sub-par like last week, and the Pats can still win by 20, while someone like Aaron Rodgers can play perfectly, put up 40 points and lose to Atlanta by 10 points this weekend, I don't think that would shock anyone.......

It would be like me sitting here saying Eli Manning has won 2 Super Bowls, so he is better than every QB in history that hasn't won 2 Super Bowls, and I would never believe that

But to answer your question, because of the different eras, different type of competition, the GOAT will always be a matter of opinion....But that's how it is in every sport...In baseball, there is no clear cut best pitcher, in the NBA, Jordan may be the closest, but there are large segments now that have Lebron

The era thing is always going to be tough to quantify

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You haven't interacted with him much, nor talk to other posters who have I'm guessing. His default position when losing a debate or having flaws in his reasoning called out, it to act like a petulant child who has had his/her favorite toy taken away.
He was respectful and reasonable in the conversation I had with him for the most part.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone else gets it

For no#s yes but in the Free agency and salary cap era its tough to string along dominant teams like the Steelers of the 70's and SF of the 80's. You don't see to many repeat winners since then

ODB>> Rice ?