• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

injuries report

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
allen will never be the same

Dude, he is 22 years old. If he were 32 I would agree with you. But for all intents he has a sprained foot. NO breaks, no tears.

Its better he doesnt try to play through this and do real damage. But its a strain, I think he will live.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plenty of people have come back from Lisfranc injury. I think 4 weeks out his very hopeful though.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, he is 22 years old. If he were 32 I would agree with you. But for all intents he has a sprained foot. NO breaks, no tears.

Its better he doesnt try to play through this and do real damage. But its a strain, I think he will live.

Our coaching staff may be the biggest enemy towards Allen's foot being totally healed. Unless Allen's replacement plays lights out. If his replacement(s) struggles though................

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our coaching staff may be the biggest enemy towards Allen's foot being totally healed. Unless Allen's replacement plays lights out. If his replacement(s) struggles though................

Well considering that we tok a soft touch with Doctson, and apparently are still taking a slow roll approach with him. IM hoping they give Allen the time he needs to get healthy. I was 100% against dealing our QB to trade up to draft him, but at 17 he was more than worth the price of admission. Let Tomsula earn his paycheck and get Lanier going for a bit. Because rushing this kid back is the kind of move that drags into years of a career.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well considering that we tok a soft touch with Doctson, and apparently are still taking a slow roll approach with him. IM hoping they give Allen the time he needs to get healthy. I was 100% against dealing our QB to trade up to draft him, but at 17 he was more than worth the price of admission. Let Tomsula earn his paycheck and get Lanier going for a bit. Because rushing this kid back is the kind of move that drags into years of a career.

I don't think the coaching staff gave Doctson time to properly heal the first time. When he was originally drafted the plan was to bring him along slowly and that was before he was injured. Yet we saw him week 2 against the Cowboys where it seems he re-injured himself or suffered a new injury. Whatever the case may be. He was done for the year after that.

Look at Robert Kelley. He was hurt against the Rams. They gave him a week off and put out there against KC and what happened? He re-injured or suffered a new injury again. Now he's out for how long. Jordan Reed supposedly had a fucked up toe and what do we read. He's out there running and practicing. I don't know about a whole lotta injuries. I do know for a broken toe or a messed up toe. Running is not the thing that will help it heal.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just say shit to see how many people you can get a rise out of don't you.
nope somedays im just mr negative this is how i cope with bad news this is bad news

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nope somedays im just mr negative this is how i cope with bad news this is bad news

Bad news? The Allen injury is relatively minor compared to injuries suffered by other teams. Real bad news is having Rodgers or David Johnson being lost for all/most of the season. The Redskins will just need to survive this - injuries are a reality in the NFL & you have to adapt accordingly.

You kind of lost whatever credibility you had left when you stated that the Redskins will dump Norman next offseason if they extend Cousins. That comment is beyond stupid.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad news? The Allen injury is relatively minor compared to injuries suffered by other teams. Real bad news is having Rodgers or David Johnson being lost for all/most of the season. The Redskins will just need to survive this - injuries are a reality in the NFL & you have to adapt accordingly.

You kind of lost whatever credibility you had left when you stated that the Redskins will dump Norman next offseason if they extend Cousins. That comment is beyond stupid.
they will dump norman

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they will dump norman

LOL - you are seeing the impact of not having Norman on the field (both against SF & the 2nd half of Chiefs game). It is pretty significant. Dumping him & saving a few $$ would likely be a disaster. I realize that you believe that you can field a team of primarily 1st and 2nd year players, but (similar to your idiot idol) you would be totally wrong in this case.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MOses had a fracture, Allen has a sprain.

Fracture... broken bone

Sprain... stressed tendon.

BUt if he doesnt rest it, odds are he would progress it to a fracture trying to compensate for the strain.

i

John Keim ESPN Staff Writer
Redskins defensive lineman Jonathan Allen will miss the rest of the season, a source said. Allen suffered a Lisfranc injury in Sunday's win over San Francisco

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess sprains are year long injuries too.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crap - can this team catch a break on the defensive side of the ball?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL is going to get harder & harder to watch w/ all of these players dropping like flies. I thought that all these new rules & preventative measures were supposed to reduce injuries in the NFL. Doesn't seem to be working.