• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

In the 2017 draft at # 26 Seattle Seahawks Pick?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hearing the Bills interviewed Kris Richard for a head coaching job... PLEASE Bills hire him!! I think he's a good DB coach, not so much a good defensive play-caller...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad because we lost a 5th rounder last year too due to Carroll disobeying the rules...

Yup, time to be 100% sure every thing is in compliance with the rules, well actually the time was before these draft picks got taken away, but better late then never.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hearing the Bills interviewed Kris Richard for a head coaching job... PLEASE Bills hire him!! I think he's a good DB coach, not so much a good defensive play-caller...

they already hired somebody, sean mcdermott from carolina.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i could live with cam robinson, but theres no way the draft happens that way. watson WILL NOT go #1, not a chance in hell of that. and we will not be picking at 26 if we lose our 2nd pick.

maybe we get lucky and he is there at 26 and some fool team, out of desperation, will give us a nice bounty for that pick.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three-round mock draft: Deshaun Watson goes No. 1 to Browns

Jeremiah has Seattle taking:

1.26 - Cam Robinson OT Alabama
2.58 - Montravius Adams, DT Auburn
3.90 - Dorian Johnson, G Pittsburgh

Not sure I see it playing out this way (not just because the first tackle is taken at #23).

I don't see it playing out that way at all... What I've learned with this regime is that they usually go an entirely different direction than what we think when it comes to the draft...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we keep bleeding draft picks the chances of use hitting on a pick goes down. This is getting old, i am sure they have a plan in the works to recoup some picks but still lol.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to revive this thread. This was made pre FA and things have changed. Going back and reading through this thread really showed how much it has changed.

In my eyes i said they needed a Stud Safety to play behind Kam and Earl, That need is gone now. LT is still a need but they can afford to not try and reach for one. They have added pieces to the oline that makes competition stronger, I think even though the line will most likely have 3 to 4 new starters on it that it will improve all be it slowly.

CB could be the #1 pick, if Kevin King fall to them i believe no i KNOW they take him at 26.

TE and WR are to not be over looked. Only TE right now signed after 2017 is Vennett, At WR we might have a declining Kearse, with Lockett having a strong chance to miss games to start the season. Paul Richardson is entering his final year of his contract.

I am going to list some choices ( # indicates round )that i would like to see.

#1 Kevin King, Chidobe Awuzie CB
#2 Gerett Bolles, Tylor Moton. OT These guys are not 1st round picks at their talent level but they very well could be off the board when the Hawks pick in the 2nd round. If both are gone i would like to see Plan B
#2B Charles Harris, Carl Lawson DE.
#3 Dalvin Tomlinson, Larry Ogunjobi DT
#3(comp) Chris Godwin, Cooper Kupp WR if either are their with their 3rd round comp pick take one.
#4 Bucky Hodges TE If Hodges is still on the board in the 4th round ( i doubt it ) this is a no brainer pick for me. He might just fall to the 4th round though depending on who goes off the board in the first 3 rounds. Not many TE should go. That could push him right to the Hawks. Could also be picked with the 3rd Round Comp pick. Rough blocker but athletic freak with 6-6 size and 4.57 40 speed.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like king with our first pick. What about tj watt if he is there at 26?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like king with our first pick. What about tj watt if he is there at 26?

I don't feel like TJ watt is a first round talent, close but falls a little short so no at 26th over all. If he is there at 26 in the second then sure.

I still feel if King is on the board they turn in the pick as fast as possible. King fills a need for a big physical CB that can also play some safety. I also believe he would be a upgrade over Shead. ( yeah no duh right lol )

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still feel if King is on the board they turn in the pick as fast as possible. King fills a need for a big physical CB that can also play some safety. I also believe he would be a upgrade over Shead. ( yeah no duh right lol )
Shead is a quality starter IMO, but King would be a great pick especially if Sherman is traded. You may even have to pick 2 CBs in the first few picks/rounds if Sherman is gone (assuming no starting quality CB comes back in the trade).

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shead is a quality starter IMO, but King would be a great pick especially if Sherman is traded. You may even have to pick 2 CBs in the first few picks/rounds if Sherman is gone (assuming no starting quality CB comes back in the trade).

Great draft for CBs and King looks good. Could be the pick, regardless if Sherman is here or not.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great draft for CBs and King looks good. Could be the pick, regardless if Sherman is here or not.
I agree. What I meant was: if Sherman is traded, then I think it could end up being a good move if not a necessity to not only take King at 1.26 and then another CB somewhere soon after. We already have a hole to fill at CB, and that's with Sherman still on the roster.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all this "Sherman" trade talk King will get snatched up by the Titans with their 18th pick, their 2nd first round pick of this coming draft. Anyone want to make a bet on this?

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its being called one of the worst oline drafts in years. Cant see the hawks going OT with their 1st.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its being called one of the worst oline drafts in years. Cant see the hawks going OT with their 1st.

While true, the caviat would be that I personally don't see Bolles being there in the real draft. If Bolles, Lamp or Ramcryk are there for Seattle, I wouldn't be surprised if they take an OLman (though this is not a guarantee they take one of them).

Actually, since there are so few 1st round talents at the OL positions, it would beg to be considered, as better talent at other positions will be available later than what will be available at tackle. Though I would have loved to take King or Cunningham, my targets for the second round in each position are still on the board with only 3 picks left until I pick again. The fact that OL is so weak is one reason I went Bolles instead of King.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While true, the caviat would be that I personally don't see Bolles being there in the real draft. If Bolles, Lamp or Ramcryk are there for Seattle, I wouldn't be surprised if they take an OLman (though this is not a guarantee they take one of them).

Actually, since there are so few 1st round talents at the OL positions, it would beg to be considered, as better talent at other positions will be available later than what will be available at tackle. Though I would have loved to take King or Cunningham, my targets for the second round in each position are still on the board with only 3 picks left until I pick again. The fact that OL is so weak is one reason I went Bolles instead of King.

I agree that Bolles, Ramcryk and Lamp will be gone by the time Seahawks pick. Supply and Demand, about 90% of NFL teams have a need at OL and there is so few OL in the draft that can actually help in that regard, so teams will snap them up pronto. This draft reminds me of the 2011 draft, when the Seahawks drafted Carpenter, who wasn't that good, but turned out to be the best of lousy bunch of OL that draft.
Realistically the first round is the only round the Seahawks have a chance at a OL that can contribute any time soon and that is even unlikely.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more mediocre QBs and OL get drafted before we pick, the more likely we get good value at 26, or even a steal.

My money is on a trade down though

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more mediocre QBs and OL get drafted before we pick, the more likely we get good value at 26, or even a steal.

My money is on a trade down though

Well I think you'll get your wish about QBs and OL getting drafted ahead of the Seahawks pick, but trading down might be tough.