• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

In the 2017 draft at # 26 Seattle Seahawks Pick?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never to soon to start and it's now time to think of what we would like to see happen this offseason. Coaching changes? FA signing? and of course the draft. Lets put it down now and see how people feel. Who is your Draft pick or FA Pick-ups? Who gets released?

Chime in.

I would like Cable to get the 49er job lol. I feel it's the only way we move on from him and i believe it's time.

Signing Bennett to that contract was not a smart move, his production will only decline from here.

In the draft i feel we can't look past a Tackle, this team needs one like last July and that need is still there. We need to find a stud FS/SS that can learn behind Earl and Kam but who can also play. Kam and Earl with the way they play getting 16 games out of them is tough. Yes i know Earl was a Iron man but he is not 26 any more and the games started streak is over. I can see him miss 1 to 2 games a year and the same for Kam. Richardson should start over Kearse and i think we all agree on that. With his and Lockett's speed out there this just makes Dough and Graham that much more potent.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My current short list:

Zach Cunnigham, OLB Vanderbilt

Ryan Ramczyk T, Wisconsin (I think he'll be gone)

Malik McDowell, DT Michigan State

Garrett Bolles, T Utah

Carl Lawson, DR Auburn

Takkarist McKinley OLB/DE UCLA

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over the last 4 years, at least 4 tackles were taken before the #26 pick in the 1st round, and twice it was 5. If that holds true, and the current list of top tackles stays the same, then there's almost no chance that Seattle will get Cam Robinson (Alabama), Ryan Ramczyk (Wisconsin), Garett Colles (Utah), Roderick Johnson (FSU) or Adam Bisnowaty (Pittsburgh). The second and third rounds combined have had no more than 4 tackles taken in any one year over the last 4 years If that truly is the case, I just don't think you go tackle in the first - maybe a Chad Wheeler (USC) or Conor McDermott in the 2nd or 3rd round.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then trade up and take one, thats how badly we need one.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OT is need #1, do what you have to if you cant get one in FA which we wont.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OT is need #1, do what you have to if you cant get one in FA which we wont.

yeah, so because it's #1, you're ok with just any player coming in, just as long as OT is next to his name on the roster?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whichever guy cable likes should be immediatley stricken from the draft board, take the best one available that we can trade up for.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whichever guy cable likes should be immediatley stricken from the draft board, take the best one available that we can trade up for.

So, you have no solutions except that you don't like whoever Cable likes, whoever this hypothetical player may be.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not the GM, thats up to them

Anybody with two braincells to rub together can identify OT as a desperate need. Ignoring the need because nobody will be there at 26 would be a tragedy

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not the GM, thats up to them

Anybody with two braincells to rub together can identify OT as a desperate need. Ignoring the need because nobody will be there at 26 would be a tragedy

No. Taking someone who's no better, or is worse, than what we have at #26 would be a tragedy. Teams draft solely need all the time - they're called the Browns.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone to replace Pete Carroll?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Taking someone who's no better, or is worse, than what we have at #26 would be a tragedy. Teams draft solely need all the time - they're called the Browns.

Which i never advocated. Your straw man is ineffective.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said trade up, never said take whatever is there at 26.

In all likelihood we trade down to 30+ and draft someone nobody has heard of that ends up playing guard

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said trade up, never said take whatever is there at 26.

In all likelihood we trade down to 30+ and draft someone nobody has heard of that ends up playing guard

And you've given no ideas as to where to trade up to, or even how much it'll cost to trade up. So, given that you can't say where we should trade up to, we're still sitting at #26.

According to cbssports, there are 70 offensive tackles eligible for the draft this season. Of those, half or more will find playing tackle in the NFL too much and move inside (including top rated ones). There are 2 1st round talents, 1 late first/early second and 3 second round talents. Of those 6, 4 or 5 will go before #26.

What you're advocating is one of 2 things (whether you're physically saying it, or have even given it any thought):

1) To trade up a little (maybe as much as 10 spots) to take a player who grades out as a solid 2nd round pick (This shouldn't cost more than our #26 and our 3rd or 4th round selection.) Or, in other words - trade up to take another Justin Britt with our first round pick. Not that Carroll hasn't taken 2nd round talent in the first, I just can't remember him moving up to do it.

2) To trade up a lot and get one of those highly rated ones. Probably around 15 to 20 spots. Not only would this cost the team a great deal in terms of this draft - but probably next year's as well. This takes away our ability to fill holes through the draft and we could be looking at a defense that is short a starter quality LB, CB and much needed depth on the DL. This one is so unlikely that it's bearely worth talking about, but it is a possibility.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they don't draft Cam Robinson. I swear that dude held on every one of Alabama's big runs and it was never called.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they don't draft Cam Robinson. I swear that dude held on every one of Alabama's big runs and it was never called.

Well, I can guarantee he'll stop getting that treatment in the Seattle ;)

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Okay I laughed. In a tired way, but laughter nonetheless.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you've given no ideas as to where to trade up to, or even how much it'll cost to trade up. So, given that you can't say where we should trade up to, we're still sitting at #26.

According to cbssports, there are 70 offensive tackles eligible for the draft this season. Of those, half or more will find playing tackle in the NFL too much and move inside (including top rated ones). There are 2 1st round talents, 1 late first/early second and 3 second round talents. Of those 6, 4 or 5 will go before #26.

What you're advocating is one of 2 things (whether you're physically saying it, or have even given it any thought):

1) To trade up a little (maybe as much as 10 spots) to take a player who grades out as a solid 2nd round pick (This shouldn't cost more than our #26 and our 3rd or 4th round selection.) Or, in other words - trade up to take another Justin Britt with our first round pick. Not that Carroll hasn't taken 2nd round talent in the first, I just can't remember him moving up to do it.

2) To trade up a lot and get one of those highly rated ones. Probably around 15 to 20 spots. Not only would this cost the team a great deal in terms of this draft - but probably next year's as well. This takes away our ability to fill holes through the draft and we could be looking at a defense that is short a starter quality LB, CB and much needed depth on the DL. This one is so unlikely that it's bearely worth talking about, but it is a possibility.

For one thing, its too early to say how many first round OTs there are. Draft boards are in protoform right now and will look very different come draft day.

I would bet 4 or 5 OTs go round one. All i want is for our FO to do what it takes to get one that can be a good starter.

If we go into 2017 with fant at lt and gilliam at rt, just forget it, we wont advance past the divisional round again. It wont matter what depth picks we make on defense.