• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ime Udoka was getting sex during his run to the finals

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this like the greatest thread title yet in 2022? :clap:
This one is better:

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah so it seems this is a bigger deal than what is lead to believe by the media and the Celtics along with the NBA is trying to keep this under wraps and in their control. They needed a reason to suspend him an entire season and used the cheating thing as clarity but they are definitely trying to keep the entire story from coming out. There was no way in hell they are suspending him an entire season just because he had consensual sex with a female worker within the organization.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah so it seems this is a bigger deal than what is lead to believe by the media and the Celtics along with the NBA is trying to keep this under wraps and in their control. They needed a reason to suspend him an entire season and used the cheating thing as clarity but they are definitely trying to keep the entire story from coming out. There was no way in hell they are suspending him an entire season just because he had consensual sex with a female worker within the organization.

It depends on what he could have (or perhaps did) offer her in terms of moving up the ladder.

This is not a difficult rule to follow. Don't shit where you work. And even if (as some have suggested) this is a total shakedown by her, he's stupid and embarrassing to let himself be put in that situation because he couldn't see past his dingy.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends on what he could have (or perhaps did) offer her in terms of moving up the ladder.

This is not a difficult rule to follow. Don't shit where you work. And even if (as some have suggested) this is a total shakedown by her, he's stupid and embarrassing to let himself be put in that situation because he couldn't see past his dingy.

Likely all of the above

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Likely all of the above

So fire both and be done with it. How much more of an "investigation" needs to be done while the guy is on suspension? This is just going to be a distraction for the entire season while Udoka is in limbo.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So fire both and be done with it. How much more of an "investigation" needs to be done while the guy is on suspension? This is just going to be a distraction for the entire season while Udoka is in limbo.

Completely agree.

Either fire him (and her) or own he’s coming back after a year suspension

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The problem is that he's a very good coach and they don't want to risk having him coaching against them in the future.

I think there are a few reasons for handling it the way they have beyond him being a very good coach.

With the year long suspension, no one can really say that he got off easy. Also, it was apparently a case of him actually having an affair with one woman and making unwanted advances toward another. This gives them a year to see if any more women come forward with accusations.

Treating this seriously and handing out a harsh punishment quickly also greatly lessens its shelf life with the media. In cases like this, the narrative is almost always that "the punishment wasn't strong enough". In this case, a lot of folks are saying it is too harsh. That's good for the Celtics.

I will say though, it will likely be a story at the beginning of the season. I think how long it lasts will depend on how well the Celtics play.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is that he's a very good coach and they don't want to risk having him coaching against them in the future.

I think there are a few reasons for handling it the way they have beyond him being a very good coach.

With the year long suspension, no one can really say that he got off easy. Also, it was apparently a case of him actually having an affair with one woman and making unwanted advances toward another. This gives them a year to see if any more women come forward with accusations.

Treating this seriously and handing out a harsh punishment quickly also greatly lessens its shelf life with the media. In cases like this, the narrative is almost always that "the punishment wasn't strong enough". In this case, a lot of folks are saying it is too harsh. That's good for the Celtics.

I will say though, it will likely be a story at the beginning of the season. I think how long it lasts will depend on how well the Celtics play.
You may be right, but I think the reasons he was suspended for now were completely HR driven. I don’t think there is a chance he ever works for the organization again.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may be right, but I think the reasons he was suspended for now were completely HR driven. I don’t think there is a chance he ever works for the organization again.

Maybe. But what HR issues would there be? If the team wants to fire him, the only thing that has to be figured out is how much, if anything, the buyout on his contract will be.

I just don't see how it makes sense to suspend someone when you don't intend for them to work for you again. Seems like you'd cut him loose to end all of the speculation that he might work for you again.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. But what HR issues would there be? If the team wants to fire him, the only thing that has to be figured out is how much, if anything, the buyout on his contract will be.

I just don't see how it makes sense to suspend someone when you don't intend for them to work for you again. Seems like you'd cut him loose to end all of the speculation that he might work for you again.

Exactly

That’s what’s weird about this

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I keep thinking it will all come out and make a bit more sense, but someone is being protected in this and it’s certainly not the coach.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly

That’s what’s weird about this

I keep thinking it will all come out and make a bit more sense, but someone is being protected in this and it’s certainly not the coach.
I don't think this situation is as mysterious as y'all are going on about.

Bottom line: this situation is a thorny legal mess.... with potential liability from both the woman (women?) involved and from Udoka.

The Celtics have covered their bases expertly so far. I think they're just (continuing to) play it cool and smart.

One thing this lengthy suspension gives is both a firm punishment and the possibility that Udoka simply resigns at a later time. That eventuality covers the Boston organization both ways: they gave a firm punishment (showing they do not tolerate any culture of sexual harassment) AND Udoka would have voluntarily left (making any potential lawsuit from his direction less viable).

It also shows they are not rushing to any judgement... they're being judicious as opposed to quick-tempered.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think this situation is as mysterious as y'all are going on about.

Bottom line: this situation is a thorny legal mess.... with potential liability from both the woman (women?) involved and from Udoka.

The Celtics have covered their bases expertly so far. I think they're just (continuing to) play it cool and smart.

One thing this lengthy suspension gives is both a firm punishment and the possibility that Udoka simply resigns at a later time. That eventuality covers the Boston organization both ways: they gave a firm punishment (showing they do not tolerate any culture of sexual harassment) AND Udoka would have voluntarily left (making any potential lawsuit from his direction less viable).

It also show they are not rushing to any judgement... they're being judicious as opposed to quick-tempered.

Agree with pretty much all of this.

However, I'm not sure why people are glossing over him being a really good coach being the reason he's not fired.

I get that the Celtics can't come out and say that is the reason...but c'mon...everyone seems to agree that if he was an average coach, he'd already be gone...but he's not.

Coaching impacts winning and winning impacts revenue.

And I'm not saying the Celtics are only doing this because of revenue, I think they genuinely want to do the right thing (which is why firing him is still an option). They haven't painted themselves into a corner on this.

They are handling this about a perfectly as it can be handled. Harsh punishment, can still fire him if more comes out, might be able to keep a really good young coach and so far, no one is trying to play the race card (except maybe Stephen A) to protest the punishment.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

However, I'm not sure why people are glossing over him being a really good coach being the reason he's not fired.

I get that the Celtics can't come out and say that is the reason...but c'mon...everyone seems to agree that if he was an average coach, he'd already be gone...but he's not.

And I'm not saying the Celtics are only doing this because of revenue, I think they genuinely want to do the right thing (which is why firing him is still an option). They haven't painted themselves into a corner on this.

They are handling this about a perfectly as it can be handled. Harsh punishment, can still fire him if more comes out, might be able to keep a really good young coach and so far, no one is trying to play the race card (except maybe Stephen A) to protest the punishment.

It’s handled perfectly if both parties are punished

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s handled perfectly if both parties are punished
You don’t even know the particulars of what went down. You’re just anti-woman because you can’t get laid without paying for it.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For my part, I concede that Udoka is a good coach and that fact is a real world consideration that matters.

So... it's not that Udoka being a good coach is irrelevant or anything like that.

Rather, it's that the other side of the equation is so BIG (especially in this day and age) that it dwarfs the fact that Udoka is a good coach.

I don't care how good he is. The position he has put the Celtics organization and their brand in is an absolute nightmare... and in the end, he's a star coach as opposed to a star player.

Also, I think trust matters... and trust seems absolutely broken in this scenario... (especially if there were multiple women/affairs as has been heavily hinted towards).

Again, I'd be pretty shocked if he ever takes an active role with the Celtics again.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the fuck cares who consenting adults fuck? Damn Deej what kind of incel prude church lady shit is this?

I'm sure none of the players were laying pipe in the local whore parades.
ONE HUNDRED PERCENT THIS!!

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caught by the husband with a ring camera.
I'll post it when I get finished with a customer