• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ime Udoka was getting sex during his run to the finals

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Barnes ia on record saying this is 100 times worse than is being reported. Yes that Matt Barnes. I bet there are some things that are still shaking out. He will never coach for the Celtics again I don’t think.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is that he's a very good coach and they don't want to risk having him coaching against them in the future.

I think there are a few reasons for handling it the way they have beyond him being a very good coach.

With the year long suspension, no one can really say that he got off easy. Also, it was apparently a case of him actually having an affair with one woman and making unwanted advances toward another. This gives them a year to see if any more women come forward with accusations.

Treating this seriously and handing out a harsh punishment quickly also greatly lessens its shelf life with the media. In cases like this, the narrative is almost always that "the punishment wasn't strong enough". In this case, a lot of folks are saying it is too harsh. That's good for the Celtics.

I will say though, it will likely be a story at the beginning of the season. I think how long it lasts will depend on how well the Celtics play.

He is a solid coach.

But let’s be honest. NBA coaches are replaceable and the Celtics would instantly be the best job out there if it came available.

If they wanted to move on they could and it would be pretty unlikely to bite them later unless they just hire the wrong guy.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a solid coach.

But let’s be honest. NBA coaches are replaceable and the Celtics would instantly be the best job out there if it came available.

If they wanted to move on they could and it would be pretty unlikely to bite them later unless they just hire the wrong guy.

Then something isn't adding up.

According to Celtics fans, rumors are that things actually are much worse than what has been reported. Matt Barnes says "it's 100 times worse".

No one except Stephen A would complain if they just fired him.

You're saying he's not good enough for the Celtics to worry about firing him biting them in the ass down the road.

So why drag this out with a suspension? Why not just fire him?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do believe he's a married man... and I have no problem stating my opinion that this sort of thing is a crappy move for a married man.

That said: none of my business.

If he broke team rules, he should be disciplined in an appropriate manner... like anyone else in the organization. (many businesses have rules against employees canoodling)

Finally, real basketball can't get here soon enough.
My sentiments exactly - It may be against the rules in the Celtics organization - but who cares if the guy got lucky

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then something isn't adding up.

According to Celtics fans, rumors are that things actually are much worse than what has been reported. Matt Barnes says "it's 100 times worse".

No one except Stephen A would complain if they just fired him.

You're saying he's not good enough for the Celtics to worry about firing him biting them in the ass down the road.

So why drag this out with a suspension? Why not just fire him?

Because they are just afraid to make a permanent decision.

You may be right on their reasoning.

But they are wrong IMO. Udoka hasn’t shown to prove he is worth the headache.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because they are just afraid to make a permanent decision.

You may be right on their reasoning.

But they are wrong IMO. Udoka hasn’t shown to prove he is worth the headache.

I don't know, he got them to the finals in his 1st season. Not a lot of coaches can say that.

Could simply be a case of a solid young team getting hot, going on a run and catching some breaks with other teams having injuries, etc.

Or he could be that good.

I guess we'll see by how they do during the season. If they struggle, that favors Udoka. If not, they likely go ahead and cut him loose.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, he got them to the finals in his 1st season. Not a lot of coaches can say that.

Could simply be a case of a solid young team getting hot, going on a run and catching some breaks with other teams having injuries, etc.

I guess we'll see by how they do during the season. If they struggle, that favors Udoka. If not, they likely go ahead and cut him loose.
It’s so hard to call this because we don’t know the story. There’s some math where I’m taking a chance with Ime being a really good coach. If the 100 xs worse than anyone thinks scenario is what went down, I don’t care if he’s Pop or Red or Phil, I’m done with the guy in that scenario. I’m trusting it’s pretty bad because as you point out, they have every reason to want this to work. I’ll add they already moved away from Brad and now Ime and now a 3rd voice and this 1 year suspension means likely a 4th voice. You don’t sign up for that unless you have to when they have a young core ready for their time.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah so it seems this is a bigger deal than what is lead to believe by the media and the Celtics along with the NBA is trying to keep this under wraps and in their control. They needed a reason to suspend him an entire season and used the cheating thing as clarity but they are definitely trying to keep the entire story from coming out. There was no way in hell they are suspending him an entire season just because he had consensual sex with a female worker within the organization.
I’ve heard rumors he was banging the wife of a team exec.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah I heard these rumors too. If true what an idiot, he was a made man as a head coach in the NBA's top 3 most historic franchises, on a roster that is built to go to the finals and you want to fuck one of your bosses wife? My god a woman's peach can truly drive a man to do the most craziest things. In this case Ime lost on millions of dollars.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am not saying he isn’t good, just hard to make that call based of a 1 year sample with a team that makes deep runs every season.

He is at worst solid on the bench.

But is he THAT good?

Good enough to look past the headache this mess has caused?

I have my doubts on that.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I heard these rumors too. If true what an idiot, he was a made man as a head coach in the NBA's top 3 most historic franchises, on a roster that is built to go to the finals and you want to fuck one of your bosses wife? My god a woman's peach can truly drive a man to do the most craziest things. In this case Ime lost on millions of dollars.
It’s a move a guy makes if he doesn’t care if he gets fired. Or if he kinda wants to be fired.

Who is the third franchise?

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a move a guy makes if he doesn’t care if he gets fired. Or if he kinda wants to be fired.

Who is the third franchise?

I don't know the 3rd franchise maybe warriors or Spurs but that is a different debate.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the hell would Matt Barnes know anything?

As a former player, he knows and talks to a lot of current players and execs. So it seems likely that he has folks who will talk to him.

Having said that, unless he has a source in the Celtics FO, he could just be getting 2nd and 3rd hand info out of the NBA rumor mill.

Some of it could even be that he's intentionally being fed false info from someone who wants to make the Celtics look bad and/or drag out the distraction.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As a former player, he knows and talks to a lot of current players and execs. So it seems likely that he has folks who will talk to him.

Having said that, unless he has a source in the Celtics FO, he could just be getting 2nd and 3rd hand info out of the NBA rumor mill.

Some of it could even be that he's intentionally being fed false info from someone who wants to make the Celtics look bad and/or drag out the distraction.
It’s over. And I mean his career as a NBA coach. Until today I thought a year of suspension and a different team.

But he now was having two affairs in the office, during the playoffs , and one now on camera with VP wife. This is really poor judgment and one where you don’t give the keys again

Personally I am so disappointed. Most so for his players and the lives he has torn up

He is a bum

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s over. And I mean his career as a NBA coach. Until today I thought a year of suspension and a different team.

But he now was having two affairs in the office, during the playoffs , and one now on camera with VP wife. This is really poor judgment and one where you don’t give the keys again

Personally I am so disappointed. Most so for his players and the lives he has torn up

He is a bum
Been my thoughts from the beginning, that he is done