• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ime Udoka was getting sex during his run to the finals

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,876.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The presser on his suspension was bizarre.

They didn't fire him but didn't guarantee his return.

They didn't give any parameters on what it would take to be reinstated.

Just weird.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just weird.

They want it to blow over and see what the temperature of the room is in a year.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just weird.

Parameters seem pretty obvious...

1.) Keep your mouth shut

2.) Serve your suspension

3.) Don't treat your job like tinder.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,876.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parameters seem pretty obvious...

1.) Keep your mouth shut

2.) Serve your suspension

3.) Don't treat your job like tinder.
But, I have heard they still could fire him after the year suspension.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just weird.

They want it to blow over and see what the temperature of the room is in a year.
I watched the presser. I come to very different conclusions than y'all. Here's what I saw:
  • The Celtics took this very seriously from the beginning. An outside law firm was hired early in the process to do an independent investigation.
  • As soon as the results of this investigation were finalized, the Celtics acted both swiftly and firmly.
  • As this scandal materialized, most people scoffed at a possible 1 year suspension as being over-the-top. Now a year suspension isn't good enough for @Mamba ? Ok... perhaps nothing would satisfy some people.
  • I also didn't get the feeling that the Celtics are hoping this will 'blow over' (as @Stakesarehigh suggests). Rather, leadership seemed genuinely crest-fallen and upset by this matter.
  • Frankly, expecting firm answers as to how the Celtics may or may not act a year from now is "bizarre" IMO.
  • Personally, I'd be very surprised if Udoka ever takes an active role with the Celtics again.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,876.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the presser. I come to very different conclusions than y'all. Here's what I saw:
  • The Celtics took this very seriously from the beginning. An outside law firm was hired early in the process to do an independent investigation.
  • As soon as the results of this investigation were finalized, the Celtics acted both swiftly and firmly.
  • As this scandal materialized, most people scoffed at a possible 1 year suspension as being over-the-top. Now a year suspension isn't good enough for @Mamba ? Ok... perhaps nothing would satisfy some people.
  • I also didn't get the feeling that the Celtics are hoping this will 'blow over' (as @Stakesarehigh suggests). Rather, leadership seemed genuinely crest-fallen by this matter.
  • Frankly, expecting firm answers as to how the Celtics may or may not act a year from now is "bizarre" IMO.
  • Personally, I'd be very surprised if Udoka ever takes an active role with the Celtics again.
Oh, I think they did a great job......but suspending him for a year with no guidelines on how he returns? If he returns?

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I think they did a great job......but suspending him for a year with no guidelines on how he returns? If he returns?
You misunderstood my comment @Gman
Ok.

There's little doubt in my mind that clear expectations have been conveyed to Udoka (behind closed doors) as to how he should act from this point going forward.

Such expectations don't need to be public... in fact, I wouldn't expect that all the details would be made public.

IMO, this is a precursor to a later parting of ways... not a precursor to a later reunion (with the hope that things blow over).

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,876.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok.

There's little doubt in my mind that clear expectations have been conveyed to Udoka (behind closed doors) as to how he should act from this point going forward.

Such expectations don't need to be public... in fact, I wouldn't expect that all the details would be made public.

IMO, this is a precursor to a later parting of ways... not a precursor to a later reunion (with the hope that things blow over).
Why not just fire him now?

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not just fire him now?
I'm sure that is a possibility that was discussed.

My best guess: there are legal ramifications of any decision that the Celtics make that the organization is trying to navigate as carefully and dutifully as possible.

But not with the hopes that this 'blows over' or 'goes away'. IMO, Udoka is toast as far as being in Green.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • I also didn't get the feeling that the Celtics are hoping this will 'blow over' (as @Stakesarehigh suggests). Rather, leadership seemed genuinely crest-fallen and upset by this matter.

Agree with most of this.

However, I think firing him isn't off the table because they want to see how he conducts himself during the suspension, see if any more accusations surface and to see what the mood is when the end of the suspension gets close.

Imo, the only reason he isn't already fired is that he appears to be a great coach that will eventually be coaching against them if they fire him.

In short, they are actually handling this very smartly. The length of the suspension and firing him being on the table shows that they are taking this seriously instead of sweeping it under the rug and may still be able to keep a really good young coach.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with most of this.

However, I think firing him isn't off the table because they want to see how he conducts himself during the suspension, see if any more accusations surface and to see what the mood is when the end of the suspension gets close.

Imo, the only reason he isn't already fired is that he appears to be a great coach that will eventually be coaching against them if they fire him.

In short, they are actually handling this very smartly. The length of the suspension and firing him being on the table shows that they are taking this seriously instead of sweeping it under the rug and may still be able to keep a really good young coach.
Yours is a reasonable take.

The only part I would add is that I don't think the "only reason" you point to is the "only" reason. Rather, there's another pretty clear reason: that the Celtics are walking a tight-rope of legal responsibility/liability and trying to balance multiple considerations as best as possible.

Which isn't to say that the Celtics are only being cynical and calculating here. After watching the presser, I honestly got the impression that leadership was more hurt by the impact of this scandal on real people in their organization not named Udoka (particularly their female employees) and less interested in the impact of this on their W-L record than they are about the damage to the Celtics name and identity.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brad seemed really shook by it.
Yep.

He was a hair's breadth away from crying... and if Brad was acting, he's a damn good actor.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,876.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

He was a hair's breadth away from crying... and if Brad was acting, he's a damn good actor.
He's a really good guy IMO.

Great college coach and was a really good hire by the Celtics as their HC and now I think he's prepared to be a really good exec.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the Celtics did a great job with all of this. I wasn't being critical at all. I do think their goal is to keep it out of the papers going forward thus the reason for the year suspension and the "wait and see" approach.

I could be very wrong but I do think they bring him back.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the Celtics did a great job with all of this. I wasn't being critical at all. I do think their goal is to keep it out of the papers going forward thus the reason for the year suspension and the "wait and see" approach. And obviously his behavior warrants a year.

I could be very wrong but I do think they bring him back

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this like the greatest thread title yet in 2022? :clap: