• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm glad we can all agree that Jabril Peppers is the best defensive player in the country

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*Calls Curtis Samuel the most underrated player in the country despite stating that Ohio St. hasn't played an elite defense*

Dude is on pace to have over 1200 yards rushing and 1200 yards receiving. Noone in FBS history has went 1000/1000. And most people don't even know his name.

Yes, he's underrated. Never said he's the most dominant offensive player after 4 games though now did I?

hailtoyourvictor

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*Rips Michigan fans for calling Jabril Peppers the best defensive player in the country because his stats are "average"*

*Chooses Myles Garrett as his pick for best defensive player in the country*

Peppers:
Tackles - 25
TFL - 9.5
Sacks - 2.0

Garrett:
Tackles - 6
TFL - 5.0
Sacks - 3.0

Lipton_Kermit-630x422.png

hailtoyourvictor

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude is on pace to have over 1200 yards rushing and 1200 yards receiving. Noone in FBS history has went 1000/1000. And most people don't even know his name.

Yes, he's underrated. Never said he's the most dominant offensive player after 4 games though now did I?

You said that he is the most underrated player in the country. How can you know that if he hasn't been tested by an elite defense?

BTW, I'm not saying Samuels isn't the most underrated player in the country. I'm saying that you need to stay consistent because flip-flop logic is not a good look.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*Cries about Michigan fans calling Peppers a dominant OLB because Michigan hasn't played an elite offense.*

*Calls Curtis Samuel the most underrated player in the country despite stating that Ohio St. hasn't played an elite defense*

You were pretty happy when they dropped the verbal analogies off the SAT tests, huh?

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*Rips Michigan fans for calling Jabril Peppers the best defensive player in the country because his stats are "average"*

*Chooses Myles Garrett as his pick for best defensive player in the country*

Peppers:
Tackles - 25
TFL - 9.5
Sacks - 2.0

Garrett:
Tackles - 6
TFL - 5.0
Sacks - 3.0

I chose Garret because I'm playing the field ...

Don't know who will win it but I don' t think it will be Peppers. Might not be Garrett either put I could give two shits about avy bets.

If Pepper wins ... you hand me an avy.
If he doesn't ... I can give you the ole told ya so.

hailtoyourvictor

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I chose Garret because I'm playing the field ...

Don't know who will win it but I don' t think it will be Peppers. Might not be Garrett either put I could give two shits about avy bets.

If Pepper wins ... you hand me an avy.
If he doesn't ... I can give you the ole told ya so.

You grilled Michigan fans for calling Peppers dominant, insisting that his stats don't support it.

I told you to pick who you think is the best defensive player in the country. You picked Garrett.

Peppers has undeniably better stats than Garrett.

This doesn't make sense unless you were simply trolling in regards to your stats angle.

hailtoyourvictor

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, I don't think Garrett is a bad choice. He is elite.

I'm simply trying to point out how badly you are contradicting yourself here.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peppers plays the STAR position ... so does McMillan.

That's just fact ...

Are you telling me, McMillan is lining up and covering WR's? If so -- PLEASE tell me they will do this against Michigan.

I'm going out on a limb and saying OSU has yet to line up McMillan 20 yards off the line of scrimmage in two deep coverage, where he is responsible over the top.

McMillan is a great MLB in college. He is nowhere near fast enough to even sniff covering a WR or handle safety responsibilities, unless his best 40 time of 4.78 is WAY off.

hailtoyourvictor

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peppers might be one of the best athletes in the country but his production on defense doesn't warrant "best in the country".

He's ranked #13 in the B1G in tackles, #19 in sacks, #2 in tackles for loss, and 0 interceptions with 5 games under his belt when most have only 4.

That's pretty average for a B1G defender, let alone nationally ...

Can you tell me where Myles Garrett fits into these rankings and how that supports you choosing him as the best defensive player in the country?

I'll wait.

hailtoyourvictor

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you telling me, McMillan is lining up and covering WR's? If so -- PLEASE tell me they will do this against Michigan.

I'm going out on a limb and saying OSU has yet to line up McMillan 20 yards off the line of scrimmage in two deep coverage, where he is responsible over the top.

McMillan is a great MLB in college. He is nowhere near fast enough to even sniff covering a WR or handle safety responsibilities, unless his best 40 time of 4.78 is WAY off.

McMillan is good in coverage, no doubt. He doesn't line up outside of the box covering WRs, though, the way Peppers does, though. His coverage is more dropping back than lining up outside of the box. Different skillsets and different tasks and it's truly confusing why he thinks they have the same roles.

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the difference between calling Curtis Samuel underrated and Jabril Peppers the best ...whatever ... are glaring.

Samuel has played 3 years at the same position.
You grilled Michigan fans for calling Peppers dominant, insisting that his stats don't support it.

I told you to pick who you think is the best defensive player in the country. You picked Garrett.

Peppers has undeniably better stats than Garrett.

This doesn't make sense unless you were simply trolling in regards to your stats angle.

Seriously? I just told you WHY I picked Garrett. I picked him for AN AVY BET ... with ZERO faith ... with absolutely no conviction.

And you're still fucking crying as to why I picked him?

hailtoyourvictor

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the difference between calling Curtis Samuel underrated and Jabril Peppers the best ...whatever ... are glaring.

Samuel has played 3 years at the same position.

Seriously? I just told you WHY I picked Garrett. I picked him for AN AVY BET ... with ZERO faith ... with absolutely no conviction.

And you're still fucking crying as to why I picked him?

Well do you think Garrett is the best defensive player in the country or not?

If not, who do you think is?

Fatsquirrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thankfully Jabrill will be able to pad his stats tomorrow against Rutgers.

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well do you think Garrett is the best defensive player in the country or not?

If not, who do you think is?

We are 5 weeks in with most teams just now hitting the meat of their schedule ... who knows who the best defensive player in the country is this year .....

Well ... besides some Michigan fans who are ready to crown him Jesus after 5 games.

hailtoyourvictor

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are 5 weeks in with most teams just now hitting the meat of their schedule ... who knows who the best defensive player in the country is this year .....

Well ... besides some Michigan fans who are ready to crown him Jesus after 5 games.

Who do YOU think is? This isn't a difficult question. Stop dodging it.

In your (seemingly uneducated) opinion, who do you THINK is the best defensive player in the country?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just so you know, clarkson will be banned after Washington beats USC for another bet, so unless USC pulls a major upset, you won't get paid off with this bet.
Post 16

@hailtoyourvictor I will open a twitter to to keep our bet and give posters a way to contact me for gif or photoshop requests should USC lose to Udubs. I always find a way to honor bets .Otherwise I'll honor our bet here :suds:

THEB1GONE_zpse73ihiha.gif

Last edited:

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McMillan is good in coverage, no doubt. He doesn't line up outside of the box covering WRs

Then you don't watch Ohio State play ....
Obviously he doesn't do it every down (and he probably wont much anymore this year since Hooker and Lattimore are shutting people down in the backend).

I've watched this kid line up against WRs plenty of times during his career. He's only 3 PDs away from Peppers ... and Peppers PDs came from last year when he was at safety. Why do you think people were/are high on McMillan? Because he's excellent at covering the sidelines -or- the middle of the field.