• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm glad we can all agree that Jabril Peppers is the best defensive player in the country

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm enjoying this. Now I can just think things and poof -- they appear

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McMillan
27 tackles
2 tackles for loss
0 sacks

Peppers
25 tackles
9.5 tackles for loss
2 sacks

Good one.

You do realize Michigan has played 5 games and Ohio State has only played 4 right?
McMillan might end the season with more sacks than Peppers, highly doubt he'll have more TFLs.

Still ... you don't see Ohio State fans claiming McMillan is the best defensive player in the country now do you?

Peppers is an exceptional athlete who is solid at any position in the back seven ... but he has yet to prove he is dominant at any position.

hailtoyourvictor

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize Michigan has played 5 games and Ohio State has only played 4 right?
McMillan might end the season with more sacks than Peppers, highly doubt he'll have more TFLs.

Still ... you don't see Ohio State fans claiming McMillan is the best defensive player in the country now do you?

Peppers is an exceptional athlete who is solid at any position in the back seven ... but he has yet to prove he is dominant at any position.

Peppers is a dominant OLB. You're losing a lot of credibility by not being able to concede that.

Again:

Avatar bet. Peppers is an end-of-season All-American.

I'll even let you pick your favorite source (ESPN/CBS/SportingNews/SBNation/Athlon/etc.) so you can't cry about it being biased or a bad source.

Accept?

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I ever say Peppers isn't good enough to be an All-American?

You're the one stating Pepper's is a dominant OLB after 5 weeks at the position, without facing a single legitimate potent offense.

Ludacris

hailtoyourvictor

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, McMillan is also listed as a 6'2 243 lb MLB. Peppers is 6'1 205 hybrid OLB. They have different tasks. McMillan is really damn good at what he does and Peppers is really damn good at what he does.

hailtoyourvictor

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I ever say Peppers isn't good enough to be an All-American?

You're the one stating Pepper's is a dominant OLB after 5 weeks at the position, without facing a single legitimate potent offense.

Ludacris

You said that he isn't dominant at any one position. If he isn't a dominant OLB, then why on earth would he make 1st team All-American at LB? Holy shit you can't be this stupid.....

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said that he isn't dominant at any one position. If he isn't a dominant OLB, then why on earth would he make 1st team All-American at LB? Holy shit you can't be this stupid.....

The same reason he mocked high in the first round of the draft ... his versatility.
Doesn't mean he's proven to be a dominant OLB yet. Name a team Michigan has played this year who had the athletic ability on offense to test Peppers?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I responded to a poster that stated Pepper's WAS a dominant LB. You responded to my reply to him.

I simply posted what dominant stats look like.

And I don't get the whole "he was safety last year and now a LB, has to play all over the field" argument. There are plenty of defenders who play the STAR position (which is the hybrid safety/lb position). Pepper's is not inventing the wheel here ...

No, you posted each players stats, as if Peppers played LB for 3 years (or he had even played for 3 years). I posted the facts -- Peppers hasn't played 3 years. He has played one season and 5 games.

And if you don't get the difference between a LB and a Safety and why the stats between the two position are much different, I can't help you.

Also, since there are plenty of STAR defenders, tell me one better than Peppers has been this year. I will wait anxiously for your response.

hailtoyourvictor

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same reason he mocked high in the first round of the draft ... his versatility.
Doesn't mean he's proven to be a dominant OLB yet. Name a team Michigan has played this year who had the athletic ability on offense to test Peppers?

So his versatility makes him a first team All-American? What about all that talk about him not being great at anything? Why wouldn't that be considered?

But fine, since you are readily conceding that Peppers is an All-American level defensive player (despite what you've been clamoring on about for the past 3 pages)..... here.

Tell me who you think is the best defensive player in the county.
I think Jabril Peppers is the best defensive player in the country.

If your guy wins DPOY, you win the 1 month avatar bet.
If Peppers wins DPOY, I win the 1 month avatar bet.

Based on your comments about Peppers not being dominant, this should be zero-risk for you.

hailtoyourvictor

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you posted each players stats, as if Peppers played LB for 3 years (or he had even played for 3 years). I posted the facts -- Peppers hasn't played 3 years. He has played one season and 5 games.

And if you don't get the difference between a LB and a Safety and why the stats between the two position are much different, I can't help you.

Also, since there are plenty of STAR defenders, tell me one better than Peppers has been this year. I will wait anxiously for your response.

He's going to list 6'2 243 LB MLB Raekwon McMillan as someone who plays the same position as Jabril Peppers despite that being laughably untrue. Both are great players, but they play different positions.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I apologize for butting into your conversation. But you are asking about UM opponents, yet you still haven't answered a question I asked a few days ago. You were talking up the OSU offense and I asked a simple question and you never answered. Who has OSU played that plays even an ounce of defense? Answer this and I will answer your question.

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's going to list 6'2 243 LB MLB Raekwon McMillan as someone who plays the same position as Jabril Peppers despite that being laughably untrue. Both are great players, but they play different positions.

Peppers plays the STAR position ... so does McMillan.

That's just fact ...

hailtoyourvictor

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peppers plays the STAR position ... so does McMillan.

That's just fact ...

Peppers is listed as OLB and WITHOUT A SHADOW OF A DOUBT lines up outside of the box more than McMillan does.

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is your pick?

I apologize for butting into your conversation. But you are asking about UM opponents, yet you still haven't answered a question I asked a few days ago. You were talking up the OSU offense and I asked a simple question and you never answered. Who has OSU played that plays even an ounce of defense? Answer this and I will answer your question.

Ohio State has played no elite defense ... I say this almost every day. It's why I also say that there are 3-4 teams on Ohio State schedule that could beat them if they aren't on their game ... again, almost every day.

hailtoyourvictor

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go Garrett ... even though I'm not confident either will win it.

Woah.... what?

I told you to pick who you think is the best defensive player in the country and you said Garrett?

hailtoyourvictor

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State has played no elite defense ... I say this almost every day. It's why I also say that there are 3-4 teams on Ohio State schedule that could beat them if they aren't on their game ... again, almost every day.

*Cries about Michigan fans calling Peppers a dominant OLB because Michigan hasn't played an elite offense.*

*Calls Curtis Samuel the most underrated player in the country despite stating that Ohio St. hasn't played an elite defense*

Lipton_Kermit-630x422.png