• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm glad we can all agree that Jabril Peppers is the best defensive player in the country

hailtoyourvictor

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell ... Michigan fans can't even agree that he's the best defensive player on the team.
But I'm suppose to take hailtoyourvictor's word as truth? I don't think so ...

Peppers is an athletic freak who has yet to prove he's dominant at any position. If you think otherwise you're being just a blind homer.

Doesn't mean he can't be ... doesn't mean he won't be. But we've only seen 5 weeks of play from him at OLB.

Calling Peppers the clear best defensive player is a homer take and this thread was obviously meant to be a homer thread.

Calling Peppers a dominant defensive player isn't being a homer. Anyone looking at it objectively can see that Peppers is an elite defensive player.

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You won't even concede that he is a dominant defensive player. That's so odd. Here are some sources that disagree with you:

Heisman Watch: Michigan's Jabrill Peppers makes compelling case

"This a guy who can play and excel at any position on defense — and he has. After primarily being a safety last season, coach Jim Harbaugh moved him up to starting linebacker, where he has been a force to be reckoned with."

20 best college football players so far in 2016

"2. Jabril Peppers - LB - Michigan
Without a doubt the most exciting defensive player in the nation — we’re all in on a “linebacker" who also returns punts. He plays offense, too. But he’s also third in the nation in tackles for loss. The kid can do it all, and it’s fun to watch it."

Paul Chryst previews Michigan

"Then when you watch him some more, he does a lot of the little things that are kind of reserved for when you specialize in it. That’s what’s impressive: his knowledge and awareness of the game, clearly as an athlete. He’s special, but I think the football part of him — the understanding — that’s what to me really makes him — he’s gotta be the best player in college football right now.”

Todd McShay has him as the #4 overall player in the draft as a defensive player.
Mel Kiper has him as the the #4 overall player draft as a defensive player.
CBS has him as the #3 overall player in the draft as a defensive player.

So yeah, it's safe to say that it's not just Michigan fans that think Peppers is a dominant defensive player. Not everyone is going to think he is the best defensive player in the country and that's fair, but anyone that thinks Peppers isn't a dominant defensive player hasn't watched the kid play.

In other words... you can't find a link stating Peppers is the best defensive player in the country ... or a dominant OLB ... or will win DPOTY.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I apologize for butting into your conversation. But you are asking about UM opponents, yet you still haven't answered a question I asked a few days ago. You were talking up the OSU offense and I asked a simple question and you never answered. Who has OSU played that plays even an ounce of defense? Answer this and I will answer your question.
It looks like tOSU want have played any until they meet some in the playoffs.

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calling Peppers the clear best defensive player is a homer take and this thread was obviously meant to be a homer thread.

Calling Peppers a dominant defensive player isn't being a homer. Anyone looking at it objectively can see that Peppers is an elite defensive player.

So you went from dominant OLB who will win DPOTY to elite defensive player?

Make up your mind ...

hailtoyourvictor

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we went from dominant OLB who will win DPOTY to elite defensive player?

Make up your mind ...

Subjectively and being a Michigan homer, I consider Peppers the best defensive player in the country.

Objectively, as the sources I linked support, Peppers is an elite defensive player.

Can we agree on this?

hailtoyourvictor

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cool. Fun talk.

But I need you to agree to the Chuck Bednarik award being the award that decides who wins our bet before we can move on or pick one you prefer better.

BTSBuckeye

Old-School ESPN Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool. Fun talk.

But I need you to agree to the Chuck Bednarik award being the award that decides who wins our bet before we can move on or pick one you prefer better.

That's fine with me. I honestly don't care about avy bets.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Peppers will be one of the top 5 defensive players taken, so I dont think anyone will argue that

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like tOSU want have played any until they meet some in the playoffs.

You must be pretty confident the selection committee is letting OSU in the CFP with one loss. :suds:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda like keeping my cash at 666 we could go avy. If peppers is drafted above adoree you give me an avy of your choice. If Adoree is drafted before Peppers i give you an avy. You pick the time limit. Do air holes cost extra when shipping ukranians?It doesn't specify on eBay

Deal. 4 weeks since it's a CFB downtime.

And you'll get your answer when AG checks in. There was no sarcasm in my post. He'd love to bet you Ukranian ordered coeds.
:whistle: :dhd:

Seriously how the hell have you been?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

the only "F" draft grade the entire first round was Browns picking Peppers at 25.

Adoree comes through again fat stacks :suds:

opILzTP.gif

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

the only "F" draft grade the entire first round was Browns picking Peppers at 25.
Give them a break. They were going to draft Speight until they realized he hadn't declared yet.