• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If You Could Play at any School You Want as a Running Back

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin and Alabama. Excluding Eddie Lacy, there really isn't really another school that has been able to consistently make mediocre backs look like Heisman caliber players like these two have.
:yahoo:

Blackshirt

Who is Mike Riley?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well here is the deal...If I were a RB, and looking for a school to help me put together a good resume for the NFL (as of right now), I think Alabama, Wisconsin, and Oregon are the top 3 schools. There are plenty of other programs though that produce good RB's or consistently have RB's that either make the NFL or get drafted.

As a recruit though I'd never go to Alabama or Wisconsin. They don't appeal to me... My list if I were a recruit would be the following.

Nebraska
Oklahoma
Oregon
Washington
Stanford

Then whoever wants to pay me money. Nebraska is a homer pick, Oklahoma is a respected program in my opinion that I'd play for if not offered by Nebraska. Last 3 are location picks.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Stanford
2. Alabama
3. UGA
4. Wisconsin
5. Oregon
6. Auburn

I wouldn't consider anyone else unless I couldn't get an offer from one of these.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Stanford
2. Alabama
3. UGA
4. Wisconsin
5. Oregon
6. Auburn

I wouldn't consider anyone else unless I couldn't get an offer from one of these.

So you don't consider offers from USC, Texas, Oklahoma, LSU, Michigan, FSU, ND or Florida? You must be a real stud.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. USC
2. Florida
3. Miami
4. ASU
5. Arizona
6. Georgia
7. Fucla
8. Furd
9. Texas
10. tOSU

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this thread...

"pick my team, pick my team.'

"Whaaaaa, you didn't pick my team".

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just curious if LawDawg is pissed because Codaxx picked Stanford first, or if he just hates LSJU? He seems to focus on the Stanford stats quite a bit. Like Smart said, Wisky does more with less, which they do. I would argue Stanford gets more out of less heavily recruited players than UGA ever has.

So if I was a top recruit would I pick Stanford over UGA, if I could get into Stanford, you know I would go there. Imagine some of UGA's talent running behind the O-line Stanford has had in the Shaw/Harbaugh era.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just curious if LawDawg is pissed because Codaxx picked Stanford first, or if he just hates LSJU? He seems to focus on the Stanford stats quite a bit. Like Smart said, Wisky does more with less, which they do. I would argue Stanford gets more out of less heavily recruited players than UGA ever has.

So if I was a top recruit would I pick Stanford over UGA, if I could get into Stanford, you know I would go there. Imagine some of UGA's talent running behind the O-line Stanford has had in the Shaw/Harbaugh era.

This...it's all about what you want out of it. Codaxx had a good example with Stanford with their o-line but UGA has a notorious use of RB's more than a passing game and is known as having a stable of RB's. Same as Bama. Oregon has the swift offense that tends to work in the PAC. Nebraska and Texas even have had a good amount of RB's in the past getting a good pick in the draft even if they haven't done a lot

It really could be a choice between any of the 10 teams anybody picks in this thread

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you don't consider offers from USC, Texas, Oklahoma, LSU, Michigan, FSU, ND or Florida? You must be a real stud.

Well he said he would if the others didn't give him offers.

I think you missed the point of the thread. And really, what actual RB doesn't have a small list of schools they prefer?

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well he said he would if the others didn't give him offers.

I think you missed the point of the thread. And really, what actual RB doesn't have a small list of schools they prefer?

That..

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Realistically, if you wanted to be a big, physical pro style running back, favoritism aside, then you would have to choose

Stanford, Wisconsin, Alabama

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you misunderstand me if you thought for even a second I was pissed. I was disagreeing with his choices, and not just because he was excluding UGa. I used the UGa stats to opine as to why I thought his list was crazy. Still do, but am not now nor ever was pissed. I thought the question was simply where would you go to have the best chance to develop as a top RB. Didn't know that the value of the degree came into play, etc., so his list made no sense to me.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name your top 10 schools you think would give you the best chance to be a great running back if you had your pick.

These days a lot of offenses really do not cater to the running back. They're pass heavy and subsequently they often don't recruit offensive lineman who can run block.

I am 47 years old and need about 5 minutes to run a 40 yard dash.....

I am going to a school that never hands the ball off! I have no desire to be in a body cast!

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am 47 years old and need about 5 minutes to run a 40 yard dash.....

I am going to a school that never hands the ball off! I have no desire to be in a body cast!
Suck it up. I'm 49 and can run the 40 in 4.7 easily.

minutes that is.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Realistically, if you wanted to be a big, physical pro style running back, favoritism aside, then you would have to choose

Stanford, Wisconsin, Alabama
These would be my top 3 right now as well.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin, Bama, N'Brasky.

Anybody else, it depends on the scholarship they're offering.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 thru 7 would be Bama and no one else.
8. Wisky
9. LSU
10. Maybe Oregon(but I aint wearing green if I go).

I would also accept an offer from Auburn, go to the campus and get them all hyped, accept the money they offer as a handshake, maybe bang one of their skanks:lol: or do a drive by on a trailer park with one of their football players, then commit to Alabama the next day.