• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If You Could Play at any School You Want as a Running Back

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ricky Seals-Jones Dad says his son was offered $600,000 to play from an ACC school and from an SEC school.

On top of that, he would have received $1,000 per month, his family 500 per month, 8 tickets to sit in an Executive Suite Box.

College players think they need to be paid. hhhhhuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmppppphhhhhh

Father of Ricky Seals-Jones says schools offered WR $600,000 - CBSSports.com

Based on that knowledge, that is where I would play.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All Backs come to Bama. We get them that first round paycheck and contract. Even though Ingram and Richardson probably wont get a second one. :nod:

Bama fan Roc Thomas :wave:

And yeah, Bama's had how many running back with good nfl careers??? 1?

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ricky Seals-Jones Dad says his son was offered $600,000 to play from an ACC school and from an SEC school.

On top of that, he would have received $1,000 per month, his family 500 per month, 8 tickets to sit in an Executive Suite Box.

College players think they need to be paid. hhhhhuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmppppphhhhhh

Father of Ricky Seals-Jones says schools offered WR $600,000 - CBSSports.com

Based on that knowledge, that is where I would play.

Clemson agrees with you.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy is the nations leading returning rusher, so I guess he'd tell you Nebraska considering he beat out 3 top 10 ranked RB's in the country out of HS for the starting job here. He's also from Homewood, Alabama, so imagine Auburn and Bama regret not recruiting him a bit harder.

Last edited by a moderator:

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck that shit. If they wanted it to be backed by stats, they should just copy and paste recent years stats instead of asking a question.

I don't care who likes my picks. I sure as hell didn't pick them based purely on stats. It had some weight, but the school, locations and other things did too.
-------
I would agree about stats. The Wisconsin poster for example offers plenty of stats and yet during the 4 year period he mentions Wisconsin has averaged over three losses per year.

Coda mentions Stanford & yet I would disagree from this direction, is all of Harbaughs players out of the system and are the backs Shaw's recruits? Much less the OL?

This all comes down to what are you looking for? Someone who can run his ass off but doesn't really help the team overall that much? Someone that helps the team sin? Someone that helps the team win and goes to the pros and does well there as well? And then which schools offer the palyers that fit into those types of categories.

The only team on my list would be 'Bama because they are one of the few teams that have done consistantly well in the win/loss columns and quite frankly w/o a decent back plus offensive line, Saban would be just another good not great coach in the SEC.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it's basically a mic drop when you say Ameer Abdullah

You don't have a better back on your roster

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BIG12 is no fun for RBs who like to play physical football.

I would go to Kansas State before any of the Texas-Oklahoma schools to play RB.

Ha, Adrian Peterson and DeMarco Murray say hello. Also Oklahoma got the #1 rb in the Country coming in.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wtf is ameer abdullah???
-------
If you're serious, this is the prime example of SEC posters not looking beyond thier conference for any reason at anytime during a football season. Too bad.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama and UNC would not be in my top ten. They've recruited a lot of running backs and I wouldn't want to be competing with several other running backs for a chance at a year or two in the nfl. Alabama has had several running backs that were highly recruited that I have still never heard of.

I'd say probably, in no particular order of the top of my head:
Michigan State
Wisconsin
Stanford
Pittsburgh
LSU
Penn State
Florida State
Texas
Georgia
Utah State

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama and UNC would not be in my top ten. They've recruited a lot of running backs and I wouldn't want to be competing with several other running backs for a chance at a year or two in the nfl. Alabama has had several running backs that were highly recruited that I have still never heard of.

I'd say probably, in no particular order of the top of my head:
Michigan State
Wisconsin
Stanford
Pittsburgh
LSU
Penn State
Florida State
Texas
Georgia
Utah State

As a Michigan State fan I can say that I would 100% say, I wouldn't want to be a running back there. Yes lately we have had an above average offensive line, but they will feed me the ball until I can't run anymore and cause a lot of worries in the minds of those draft minds.:L

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alabama wouldn't want you if you were scared of the competition. We want the guys who aren't scared of the competition and win the starting jobs. ;)

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Michigan State fan I can say that I would 100% say, I wouldn't want to be a running back there. Yes lately we have had an above average offensive line, but they will feed me the ball until I can't run anymore and cause a lot of worries in the minds of those draft minds.:L

Not if I leave early ;)

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama wouldn't want you if you were scared of the competition. We want the guys who aren't scared of the competition and win the starting jobs. ;)

I don't wanna be the next Dee Hart. And at Alabama, it's not about being scared of competition, but I doubt the odds are in your favor. Look at the number of highly rated recruits that panned out at Alabama compared to other schools. My guess is it's not as good.