• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If You Could Play at any School You Want as a Running Back

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the last four years, Wisconsin has:

1. Finished four yards away from having the first team ever with 3 1,000-yard running backs. 996 is still the record most rushing yards by a #3 running back.

2. Had a running back tie the NCAA record with 39 touchdowns in a season

3. Had a running break break the NCAA career TD (and rushing TD) record

4. Had a running back be a Heisman finalist

5. Had a running back win Doak Walker Award

6. Had a running back lead the nation in yards per carry

7. Had a running back be on track to break the NCAA career yards per carry record

8. Broken the NCAA record for must rushing yards by a #2 running back (1,444)

9. Broken the record for combined rushing yards by running back teammates

10. Had two running backs finish their careers as nation's leading rusher

11. Finished in the top ten in RB rushing yards four straight seasons

I would pick us without a moment's hesitation. Nobody else even comes close.

The 4 year stipulation inflates Wisconsin's value. Yes.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still dont see the issue. Stanford has been killing it on the OL. Their coach is also young and not looking to go anywhere. He maybe the most likely coach to stick around for the next 5 years. It is the obvious first choice in my book. I apologize if I put in a little added thought into the answer.
- You didn't put any extra thought into it ... you just ignored the question and threw some academic bullshit into your post. Your list makes little sense based on the OP.

- So, you think that the no. 1 running back would easily conclude that Stanford would be his best shot at becoming a great running back? In the 2014 class, Stanford didn't land a single RB in the top 100 class.

You are just trolling me now.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Finished four yards away from having the first team ever with 3 1,000-yard running backs. 996 is still the record most rushing yards by a #3 running back.

7. Had a running back be on track to break the NCAA career yards per carry record

Smart ... I'll give you that Wisky has has some serious good no-name running backs. By non-name, I mean that they weren't 5 star guys, and that is a compliment to the program. So often UGa's highly ranked guys have tanked and turned out to be not so good. Can't remember when we had an unheralded RB suddenly get really good.

As to no one being close, Bama and UGa have done alright in the RB category the last half decade.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart ... I'll give you that Wisky has has some serious good no-name running backs. By non-name, I mean that they weren't 5 star guys, and that is a compliment to the program. So often UGa's highly ranked guys have tanked and turned out to be not so good. Can't remember when we had an unheralded RB suddenly get really good.

As to no one being close, Bama and UGa have done alright in the RB category the last half decade.

End of the day I believe only Moreno and Richardson start in the NFL. Come this Aug we will be drafting RBs from Cincy, Tulane, Villanova, Boise State, UNC, and Cal. That is why my list comprised schools where you would be seen and you got a the largest bang for your scholarship.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
End of the day I believe only Moreno and Richardson start in the NFL. Come this Aug we will be drafting RBs from Cincy, Tulane, Villanova, Boise State, UNC, and Cal. That is why my list comprised schools where you would be seen and you got a the largest bang for your scholarship.
Totally ignoring the fact that your absolute, unquestionable no. 1 school - Stanford - hasn't had a top 100 RB recruit in several years.

I haven't the foggiest idea what standard you think you are using, so I'll drop it and move on.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They are definitely top 10 but the thing that holds me back is that those RB's have done nothing at the next level. I feel as though they are a product of a good system.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally ignoring the fact that your absolute, unquestionable no. 1 school - Stanford - hasn't had a top 100 RB recruit in several years.

I haven't the foggiest idea what standard you think you are using, so I'll drop it and move on.
-
Its about talent. Gerhart and Taylor been drafted. OL at Stanford has been much better than at Georgia. The argument is apples and oranges. Give Stanford the same talent and it would be quite an interesting comparison. Georgia has had several top backs, more of them are preparing for a role in the next making of the Longest Yard than the NFL.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Standard is where I would play. I believe in getting the biggest bang for your scholarship dollar. So lets compare the Georgia and Stanford..

Best value for your scholarship.. Pretty easy to say a degree from Stanford > Georgia
Wining: Seems Stanford is doing better
OL: Stanford is killing it here.
Strength Coach: Stanford by a mile. Georgia has been a mash unit for yrs. Stanford SC has multiple articles written about the job he is doing.
Coaching stability: Mason seems to be staying. Sees to be perpetual grumbling about Richt in Athens

If you are a top RB, why would pick Georgia over Stanford? Colors? Tradition?

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is not what the NFL looks like. Auburn is running a modern version sinlge wing and triple option offense. Their system resembles those old Nebraska teams, so I really dont understand the knock. 2 of best RBs in the NFL currently came from Texas and OU. Please let me know why you wouldnt have Texas on the list, because I have a feeling you have 0 idea of what Strong will attempt to do.

You didn't read it all did you? I later said that most of the success from these systems is based on the fact that they are trying to run it at a pace where the opposing defense cannot properly align their X's and O's in time for the start of the play.

I love the styles, but do they work without the hurry up principle? That's my question.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Alabama
2. Stanford
3. Georgia
4. Oregon
5. Wisconsin
6. Oklahoma
7. Florida St
8. Nebraska
9. Air Force
10. San Jose St.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if you are a running back. :L :noidea:

Look at the list of NFL running backs from UGa v. the ones on your list and you will change your list. This is true if you look historically or more recently.

I thought this was an opinion poll...:wtf2::noidea:

I listed 10 schools I would play at RB if offered. Sorry if Georgia isn't on there, or Texas, Oklahoma, Michigan, or any other obvious choice. No one follows suit anymore... There's about 20 different posters on this thread, and only about 5 lists... Something's wrong with that picture

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Standard is where I would play. I believe in getting the biggest bang for your scholarship dollar. So lets compare the Georgia and Stanford..

Best value for your scholarship.. Pretty easy to say a degree from Stanford > Georgia
Wining: Seems Stanford is doing better
OL: Stanford is killing it here.
Strength Coach: Stanford by a mile. Georgia has been a mash unit for yrs. Stanford SC has multiple articles written about the job he is doing.
Coaching stability: Mason seems to be staying. Sees to be perpetual grumbling about Richt in Athens

If you are a top RB, why would pick Georgia over Stanford? Colors? Tradition?
:L

God, you are dense. Your posting skills have degraded seriously over the winter. I hope you get in shape come September. No need to do the analysis you just did. Here you go:

Top 100 backs:
- UGa - Sony Michel - no. 2, Nick Chubb - no. 7
- Stanford - none.
- UGa - A J Turman - no. 22
- Standord - none
- UGa - Marshall - no. 2, (Gurley signed as an Athelete)
- Stanford - Sanders no. 9
- Uga - Crowell - no. 1
- Stanford - Young - no. 57, Wright no. 62

In the last 4 recruiting classes:

UGa - no. 1, no. 2, no. 2, no. 7, no. 22
Stanford - no. 9, no. 57, no. 62

There you go, that's what the top backs think about your argument. If what you say is so true, why aren't the top backs lining up to play at Stanford? Because you aren't making a lick of sense, that is why.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I listed 10 schools I would play at RB if offered. Sorry if Georgia isn't on there, or Texas, Oklahoma, Michigan, or any other obvious choice. No one follows suit anymore... There's about 20 different posters on this thread, and only about 5 lists... Something's wrong with that picture

The way these opinion polls, and forums in general, work is that you give your opinion and then other people opine on your opinion. I was opining on your opinion.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can think of one running back who wished he didn't pick Michigan.

stash-1-50e6041820c6e.gif

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing the homer card here: Nebraska is without a doubt a top 10 destination for running backs. It just is.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

God, you are dense. Your posting skills have degraded seriously over the winter. I hope you get in shape come September. No need to do the analysis you just did. Here you go:

Top 100 backs:
- UGa - Sony Michel - no. 2, Nick Chubb - no. 7
- Stanford - none.
- UGa - A J Turman - no. 22
- Standord - none
- UGa - Marshall - no. 2, (Gurley signed as an Athelete)
- Stanford - Sanders no. 9
- Uga - Crowell - no. 1
- Stanford - Young - no. 57, Wright no. 62

In the last 4 recruiting classes:

UGa - no. 1, no. 2, no. 2, no. 7, no. 22
Stanford - no. 9, no. 57, no. 62

There you go, that's what the top backs think about your argument. If what you say is so true, why aren't the top backs lining up to play at Stanford? Because you aren't making a lick of sense, that is why.

Umm, Sparky.. That is exactly what I said. Georgia has gotten a lot more talented RBs than Stanford. This argument is ignorant. "Georgia gets highly rated RBs, so it must be a better choice" for you, because the question was one of personal preference. Trying to figure out how these examples apply to me. This perhaps the worst line of thinking I have seen. Secondly, the fact that highly rated RBs choose Georgia doesnt mean it is the optimal choice, especially an optimal choice for a different individual. You have pretty gone off the reservation. "No need to do the analysis", because it may make you actually think logically?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In order:

1. Nebraska
2. Oklahoma
3. Oregon
4. Ohio State
5. Penn State
6. Florida State

I tried to come up with the last 4 and I couldn't. I wouldn't want to play anywhere else.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I was thinking of posting a list, but I see it must be backed with stats and shit. I'm not a stats guy.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

THIS ^^^^^ The fact message board posters are getting their feelings hurt b/c their favorite school isn't listed is sad. It's an opinion, who fucking cares if your school isn't listed by another message board poster.....

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I was thinking of posting a list, but I see it must be backed with stats and shit. I'm not a stats guy.

Fuck that shit. If they wanted it to be backed by stats, they should just copy and paste recent years stats instead of asking a question.

I don't care who likes my picks. I sure as hell didn't pick them based purely on stats. It had some weight, but the school, locations and other things did too.