• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I told you guys we'd take Bridgewater

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another masterfully planned 1st round by the Vikes... got the QB they wanted all along while still getting a great LB prospect to help our defense with their first pick. It's the perfect situation to let Bridewater sit behind Cassel for a year while he trains to get bigger/stronger and learn the pro game better before being thrown into the fire.

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking a. Fucking Bridgewater.

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I just tweeted, "I have never in my life wanted to be more wrong about someone/something than I want to be wrong about Teddy Bridgewater right now"

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking a. Fucking Bridgewater.
We all know that Norv Turner played a huge role in the Bridgewater pick. Turner has a long track record of making the most out of his QBs, and has always been a great offensive mind in general. I like the idea of letting him take his QB of choice and handle his offense his way. Would you prefer we go back to Chilly or Frazier style offenses?

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all know that Norv Turner played a huge role in the Bridgewater pick. Turner has a long track record of making the most out of his QBs, and has always been a great offensive mind in general. I like the idea of letting him take his QB of choice and handle his offense his way. Would you prefer we go back to Chilly or Frazier style offenses?

Well at least that I can answer as definitively NO.

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at least that I can answer as definitively NO.
The one thing any Vikings fan with a brain needs to be excited about is this kid doesn't seem to get rattled nearly as easily as Ponder has with the Vikes. It'll be nice to see a QB who I'm more excited to see attempt a pass then tuck it and run with it like the old Ponder days. Try to take a positive attitude and hope the new coaching regime knows what they're doing with this kid. This pick made a hell of a lot more sense than say Chilly's 2nd round TJax pick years ago, or even the huge reach on the Ponder pick.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love the picks.

I don't get why we didn't trade back a bit(someone had to of wanted 9) but the two guys we ultimately got were great.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
I love the picks.

I don't get why we didn't trade back a bit(someone had to of wanted 9) but the two guys we ultimately got were great.

Spiellman was worried about trading too far down. He figured there was a team right behind the Vikes looking at Barr.

Bridgewater was not my favorite pick, but the way he took to Turners suggestions at the private workout really showed them that the kid is coach-able.. And if they love the guy, who am I to argue? lol

"These guys went down there for a private workout and they came back and they were drooling when they came back," said Zimmer, who didn't attend the private workout.

55briggs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im impressed with the Bridgewater pick up. the vikes have signed alot of QBs the last few seasons, like 3-4 last season alone.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teddy was a steal @ 32. Really thought you guys would claim him @ 8.
Great 1rst rd.
Probably to immediate starters .
I don't see Teddy sitting behind Ponder for 1 sec.
Teddy ran an advanced form of the west coast O in college and ran it well.
Already ready read where they'll go 50 -50 w/ reps in OTAs.
Just think he's deemed #1 by the time OTAs are over.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I like what I have seen with the Bear so far. I also think Ponder will respond to Turners coaching. The only real question with Ponder is will he ever be able to handle the pass rush? Once the Bear starts, I think Ponder will be a good number 2.

I dont like Cassel at all. He never really seemed to help with Ponder so I dont expect him to help the Bear either. He has a horrible completion percentage, for that matter all his numbers are below average. I have no idea why the people on the phaux board love that guy so much.

Cassel wasnt responsible for the wins last year. The defense was to blame in the losses, and the defense gets the credit for the wins. A Ponder led Vikings team scored 7 more points per game than a Cassel led team did. Ponder was 3rd in the league in 3rd down conversions, Cassel was 27th. FREEMAN did better on 3rd down than Cassel did for Christs sake, and that was that Horribad Giants game, so it ismt like ANYONE on the team did anything, and Freeman STILL did better than Cassel...

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like what I have seen with the Bear so far. I also think Ponder will respond to Turners coaching. The only real question with Ponder is will he ever be able to handle the pass rush? Once the Bear starts, I think Ponder will be a good number 2.

I dont like Cassel at all. He never really seemed to help with Ponder so I dont expect him to help the Bear either. He has a horrible completion percentage, for that matter all his numbers are below average. I have no idea why the people on the phaux board love that guy so much.

Cassel wasnt responsible for the wins last year. The defense was to blame in the losses, and the defense gets the credit for the wins. A Ponder led Vikings team scored 7 more points per game than a Cassel led team did. Ponder was 3rd in the league in 3rd down conversions, Cassel was 27th. FREEMAN did better on 3rd down than Cassel did for Christs sake, and that was that Horribad Giants game, so it ismt like ANYONE on the team did anything, and Freeman STILL did better than Cassel...

Just from what I've seen, Teddy 1, Cassel 2, Ponder 3.
Again just from what I've seen. Cassel beat my Bears. Don't remember Ponder doing that ( though my memory isn't to sharp any more). Not trying to start a fight or anything , just like to talk football.
And the Bears board is kind of dead.:suds:

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Just from what I've seen, Teddy 1, Cassel 2, Ponder 3.
Again just from what I've seen. Cassel beat my Bears. Don't remember Ponder doing that ( though my memory isn't to sharp any more). Not trying to start a fight or anything , just like to talk football.
And the Bears board is kind of dead.:suds:

He was the Qb during a win, but iirc Vikes had a defensive td, and AP probably ran for a couple hundred..;-)

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was the Qb during a win, but iirc Vikes had a defensive td, and AP probably ran for a couple hundred..;-)

:lol: Like I said , my memory isn't that sharp. Just remember Cassel looking like a pro QB vs us.
Ponder also made some plays vs us . But most of them were w/ his feet. And many errant throws.
I guess an argument can be made that Ponder played vs a somewhat healthy Bears D. And Cassel played vs the red cross version.:suds: