• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wings first, last, and Only mock draft....

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like his explosiveness off the ball, much more than Barnett. I know how good Barnetts stats are, but I think Harris is the better player, but Bashem will be as good as Harris and is a better
"Value" pick. If We go CB at 14 it better be Conley and not white. Watch White closely, he holds almost every play... that shit don't fly in the NFL. Perhaps White ends up being a great player but all those flags his first couple seasons would drive me nuts. Gareon Conley can ball, he is very good.

Finally we disagree on something ... I'm not real high on Harris; at least not in the top 20. Nice snap timer and I love the spin move, but he gets stoned too often and does not set the edge well if run at. I think Barnett is overall a much better player who understands leverage, use of hands, punch and counter moves as well as defending the run. 33 career sacks for Barnett ... the dude knows how to get it done.

I do agree on Conley over White though and that's coming from a T White fan. I think the Eagles plan is to take Conley if there at 14 and if not then look at Christian McCaffrey. If both are gone I think Dalvin Cook comes in to play or one of the receivers.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mckinleys extremely explosive off the edge, and despite what many say, I think he can be a 4-3 DE. Still love me some Bashem though.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wings.. your thoughts on juju??? Think he lasts to the 3rd? One WR Coach came out saying he believes juju will be the best WR of the entire class. He is a physical WR who catches a lot of contested balls. He turns thru guys well also. One thing that stuck out to me, he was constantly having to come BACK for underthrown balls. Tells me this guy has even more potential if he has a quarterback that could put it out there for him. But the USC thing and agholor has me once bit shaken. IF we don't go WR in the 1st, and go CB or DE, what are your thoughts on Juju being that physical WR to pair with alshon??

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harris does fly off the ball, but then he has no idea what to do. Way too much bust potential for me to take at 14 in this good of a draft class. I knew you would like his get off, Wings. He is always the first guy moving. And yes, Barnett is always the last guy moving. But after that Barnett beats people and Harris just leans into them.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wings.. your thoughts on juju??? Think he lasts to the 3rd? One WR Coach came out saying he believes juju will be the best WR of the entire class. He is a physical WR who catches a lot of contested balls. He turns thru guys well also. One thing that stuck out to me, he was constantly having to come BACK for underthrown balls. Tells me this guy has even more potential if he has a quarterback that could put it out there for him. But the USC thing and agholor has me once bit shaken. IF we don't go WR in the 1st, and go CB or DE, what are your thoughts on Juju being that physical WR to pair with alshon??
I'm gonna cut and paste the text I sent Rey yesterday...
There are a handful of players that I am really high on for us... Rb Cook, Mixon, Mccaffrey and Hunt, Wr, Davis, Williams, Z Jones, Godwin, The Alabama Wr I can never say his name but I think he's Percy Harvin, kids gonna be a better pro than college player. I also think JUJU is gonna be real good... yes I know he's a USC Wr they all bust... he's Anquan Bolden.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harris does fly off the ball, but then he has no idea what to do. Way too much bust potential for me to take at 14 in this good of a draft class. I knew you would like his get off, Wings. He is always the first guy moving. And yes, Barnett is always the last guy moving. But after that Barnett beats people and Harris just leans into them.
Bashem is gonna be the better Pro.

Sparky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should consider targeting Demarcus Walker in the 2nd

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like Bashem more than Harris :eek: Bigger, longer arms and better at chasing down ... plus he plays with a "you can't stop me" attitude.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook is frail, and I doubt he will be spectacular n the NFL. He didn't go up against very stout CBs in college.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to admit wings, I had never done any homework on Basham before. Good find. Hope we get him.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I drafted him for the Colts in a mock I did a couple weeks ago. I like him. Already had taken Barnett for the Eagles in the 1st.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean rather than go De in rd 1 I'd much rather Corey Davis or Mike Williams or Gareon Conley and draft Bashem rd 2.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean rather than go De in rd 1 I'd much rather Corey Davis or Mike Williams or Gareon Conley and draft Bashem rd 2.

I haven't done my final Mock yet, but Conley Rd 1 and Bashem in Rd 2 sounds like a really good start.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm coming around on Corey Davis as our 1st pick. Especially after Foster screwed up. I always loved Davis, and the more I think abut it, I think it's telling that Lurie definitely wants to surround Wentz with all the weapons he can, plus with no guarantee that Jeffrey and Smith will be back, we need the young WR to grow with Carson. I know that this has been stressed previously. Just reinforcing it. We can still get good CBs in the 3rd and 4th rounds.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corey Davis retweets fan's tweet about coming to Eagles

I think if we stay at 14 there's a good chance Corey Davis is the guy. If you look at the first 13 picks it could very well see the following names all go off the board prior to the Eagles 14th pick. 2 QB's, 3 DLinemen (Myles Garrett, Solomon Thomas, Jon Allen), 2 RB's (Fournette and McCaffrey), 2 Corners (Lattimore and Conley), 2 Safeties (J Adams and M Hooker), 1 LB (R Foster whom reliable sources say won't drop) and 1 TE (OJ Howard).

So if we stay at 14 I think we may very well have our pick at receiver (Davis, Williams, Ross), pick at OT (probably not likely) or pick at DE (Barnett or Harris). Harris has been a hot name recently, but I am not a fan of him at 14. Maybe if we trade down into the 20's, but I think the bust potential on Harris is pretty high.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm coming around on Corey Davis as our 1st pick. Especially after Foster screwed up. I always loved Davis, and the more I think abut it, I think it's telling that Lurie definitely wants to surround Wentz with all the weapons he can, plus with no guarantee that Jeffrey and Smith will be back, we need the young WR to grow with Carson. I know that this has been stressed previously. Just reinforcing it. We can still get good CBs in the 3rd and 4th rounds.

Can anyone name a team that went QB-WR back to back and then won the whole thing? I really hate that theory of team building. Always have. It never came up with the Eagles, but all the other teams that kept trying this failed method of team building, I always shook my head. Once you have the QB you do not need the WR, you need the defense that will compliment him during playoff runs.

Now that said, if Davis is the player that makes us most better at 14, then so be it. I do like him a lot as a prospect. In that case you grab him and you're happy that he couldn't run all offseason causing a top ten talent to drop. But this idea that a young QB needs a young go to WR is just foolishness.