• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I think Michigan may win the Big 10 this season

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bookmarked. I'll wait until 3 B1G losses happen before mocking.

As a Vols fan, I’m not sure you should mock anyone. Once in 10 years, Tennessee has a winning record in their conference games and they play in the 2nd rate division of the SEC.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bookmarked. I'll wait until 3 B1G losses happen before mocking.
But let's be clear, this is not a Michigan fan posting this thread. This is a fan of another team. So when you come back to laugh, don't attribute this to "Michigan fan said x".

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In addition to this post, as good as Wisconsin's running game will be, they honestly don't have the talent outside to go 12-0 this season with the schedule they have. Last season was a godsend of only 1 decent opponent from the West (Michigan) and even Michigan was very inexperienced and young.

Did you miss the part where we lost to Ohio State by 6 while our best wide receiver and best defensive back were injured?

I swear it's like people think we won every game by six and lost in a blowout, as opposed to the opposite. The idea that us going undefeated was because of a "godsend" schedule and not, you know, that we were really fucking good, is ridiculous. No one was even within six points of us in the fourth quarter all regular season. That includes Michigan, who looked physically beat by early in the third quarter against the same OL and RB that returns everyone.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jim Harbaugh has never won a major conference title or even a division title.
at Stanford (Pac 10) 7th, 6th 2nd and 2nd
at Michigan 3rd E, 3rd E, 4th E

not buying it

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's actually pretty simple. O-line and QB. If Michigan finally clicks there, we'll be an elite team. Period. The defense will be awesome again, if we even get average production out of the offense we'll be a 10 win team at least.
Your defense is talented but not elite. There's no resiliency. Finished the year with 3 straight games with solid 1st half play and shit 2nd half play. That's not what elite defenses do.

Also, your running game is TBD. Didn't have a single good game against a top team last year.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your defense is talented but not elite. There's no resiliency. Finished the year with 3 straight games with solid 1st half play and shit 2nd half play. That's not what elite defenses do.

Also, your running game is TBD. Didn't have a single good game against a top team last year.
I'd like to think that has something to do with our shit offense doing nothing, putting them in bad spots and all and all keeping them on the field WAY too long with 3 and outs.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to think that has something to do with our shit offense doing nothing, putting them in bad spots and all and all keeping them on the field WAY too long with 3 and outs.
Maybe, but it's not like Wisconsin is a juggernaut offensively, and South Carolina was awful. Also, even though I love Haskins and think he's going to be great, he roasted your defense coming in with no notice on the road.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe, but it's not like Wisconsin is a juggernaut offensively, and South Carolina was awful. Also, even though I love Haskins and think he's going to be great, he roasted your defense coming in with no notice on the road.
That somewhat makes sense (Haskins). Michigan spent all week studying JT Barret's film and was, up to that point, killing OSU's offense. Haskins comes in with a different look and throws the defense for a loop.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always believed that Harbaugh benefited from circumstances
at Stanford.

He switched them to a power team, which was smart because he
knew he couldn't recruit A-one scat back players there. You can
move the ball on offense in a power game w/o a great many black
players.

He got the big win over USC, but that was more Carroll's fault than
Harbaugh. Carroll was too friendly with his players. Every season
he had one game where they were just FLAT. He was too laid back.
That happened in that Stanford game.

Going to Michigan hasn't been as good for him because Mich St
is playing some of their best football since Duffy Daugherty. Meyer
is at Ohio State and now Franklin has turned things around at Penn
St. Harbaugh is in a rut and really doesn't have any answers, offensively.

This could be a make or break season for him

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Days since Michigan clinched their last Big Ten title.
03645CC2-1B4F-4C9D-B32C-6D50C7D99D8F.jpeg

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you miss the part where we lost to Ohio State by 6 while our best wide receiver and best defensive back were injured?

I swear it's like people think we won every game by six and lost in a blowout, as opposed to the opposite. The idea that us going undefeated was because of a "godsend" schedule and not, you know, that we were really fucking good, is ridiculous. No one was even within six points of us in the fourth quarter all regular season. That includes Michigan, who looked physically beat by early in the third quarter against the same OL and RB that returns everyone.

Did you just say including Michigan? Michigan was a disaster last year. We had 3 different QB’s start at least 3 games.
And in the Wisconsin game — Michigan looked good until they lost Peters and O’Korn took over. Hell — Wisconsin didn’t score an offensive TD in the first half, they scored on special teams.

Wisconsin is a quality program, but their schedule ABSOLUTELY was the reason for their record last year.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That somewhat makes sense (Haskins). Michigan spent all week studying JT Barret's film and was, up to that point, killing OSU's offense. Haskins comes in with a different look and throws the defense for a loop.
It's not as if Haskins was running some offense they'd never seen before though. If anything, it shows the disparity between Haskins' ability and JT's. That said, they were running the same offense, michigan's defense just got complacent and didn't rebound.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not as if Haskins was running some offense they'd never seen before though. If anything, it shows the disparity between Haskins' ability and JT's. That said, they were running the same offense, michigan's defense just got complacent and didn't rebound.
Every scheme changes a bit depending on the QB. How plays are called, what they favor, what they tip the defense to and so on. Sure, it was still an OSU offense but it isn't the same in terms of what a defense is looking at.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every scheme changes a bit depending on the QB. How plays are called, what they favor, what they tip the defense to and so on. Sure, it was still an OSU offense but it isn't the same in terms of what a defense is looking at.
I guess. Bottom line is it was still a kid making his first appearance in a meaningful game on the road down by a TD and he didn't have any trouble doing what he wanted. That's not what an elite defense does. They just seemed to lose their luster a bit by season's end.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess. Bottom line is it was still a kid making his first appearance in a meaningful game on the road down by a TD and he didn't have any trouble doing what he wanted. That's not what an elite defense does. They just seemed to lose their luster a bit by season's end.
Well, that's because we were pretty much beaten down at that point. With O'Korn in and starting to fail in the 2nd half, the defense just kind of gave up hope.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that's because we were pretty much beaten down at that point. With O'Korn in and starting to fail in the 2nd half, the defense just kind of gave up hope.
You were up by a TD though