• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I think Michigan may win the Big 10 this season

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. That makes me feel really bad for Michigan. Poor Harbaugh.
2015 - oh my god, we can’t expect anything, with Hoke’s guys. Next year though, Look out.
2016 - oh my god, we can’t expect anything, with Hoke’s guys. Next year though, Look out.
2017 - oh my god, we can’t expect anything, we graduated too many guys. Next year though, Look out.
2018 - oh my god, we can’t expect anything, we play too many tough road games. Next year though, Look out.
2019 - oh my god, we can’t expect anything, we have a new quarterback. Next year though, Look out.

Last edited:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, the Savoir Patterson won't be there. Unfair. Sad.
Don't worry, Danny Peters and McCafferey the Younger will be there to pick up the pieces, and then promptly turn them over.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2015 - oh my god, we can’t expect anything, with Hoke’s guys. Next year though, Look out.
2016 - oh my god, we can’t expect anything, with Hoke’s guys. Next year though, Look out.
2017 - oh my god, we can’t expect anything, we graduated too many guys. Next year though, Look out.
2018 - oh my god, we can’t expect anything, we play too many tough road games. Next year though, Look out.
2019 - oh my god, we can’t expect anything, we have a new quarterback. Next year though, Look out.
Michigan.jpg

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But just to be clear, a ND loss for Michigan has no impact on our B10 title hopes. Though it is bullshit that we have to play ND, MSU and OSU on the road all in one season.

That's a killer. I'm just starting to study schedules and haven't got to the Big 10 yet. Starting the season with a loss is a mental defeat. In training camp, no player believes they can lose.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. I wish we didn't.
tenor.gif

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather play ND than some cupcake
The next two years you have ND, Michigan State, Ohio State, Penn State, and Wisconsin. All solid teams. Best case scenario is you play three road one year, two road the next. That’s what you have.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

laughingsmiley.gif

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always believed that Harbaugh benefited from circumstances
at Stanford.

He switched them to a power team, which was smart because he
knew he couldn't recruit A-one scat back players there. You can
move the ball on offense in a power game w/o a great many black
players.

He got the big win over USC, but that was more Carroll's fault than
Harbaugh. Carroll was too friendly with his players. Every season
he had one game where they were just FLAT. He was too laid back.
That happened in that Stanford game.

Going to Michigan hasn't been as good for him because Mich St
is playing some of their best football since Duffy Daugherty. Meyer
is at Ohio State and now Franklin has turned things around at Penn
St. Harbaugh is in a rut and really doesn't have any answers, offensively.

This could be a make or break season for him
Harbaugh’s biggest hurdle at UM was having ZERO QB talent when he signed on. That’s why the guy who lost his starting job at Iowa came to UM and became the starting QB as a grad transfer.
Brandon Peters is the first QB he recruited to suit up last year. He started a few games and had some success, but also looked like a deer in headlights at other times.
Dylan McCaffrey and Peters will be the first time since he got to UM he had more than one QB he recruited on the roster. Add in Shea Patterson and Joe Milton (who I think they RS) will give him options for the first time at UM.
Unfortunately — the fact he brought in Shea Patterson makes me think he doesn’t feel comfortable with Peters or McCaffrey right now, but Patterson should at least be a huge upgrade over what UM had last year at QB.

I HOPE Harbaugh and UM adapt the offense to fit Patterson’s strengths, as they need to add some RPO and use multiple sets instead of staying 100% in Pro Style sets.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh’s biggest hurdle at UM was having ZERO QB talent when he signed on. That’s why the guy who lost his starting job at Iowa came to UM and became the starting QB as a grad transfer.
Brandon Peters is the first QB he recruited to suit up last year. He started a few games and had some success, but also looked like a deer in headlights at other times.
Dylan McCaffrey and Peters will be the first time since he got to UM he had more than one QB he recruited on the roster. Add in Shea Patterson and Joe Milton (who I think they RS) will give him options for the first time at UM.
Unfortunately — the fact he brought in Shea Patterson makes me think he doesn’t feel comfortable with Peters or McCaffrey right now, but Patterson should at least be a huge upgrade over what UM had last year at QB.

I HOPE Harbaugh and UM adapt the offense to fit Patterson’s strengths, as they need to add some RPO and use multiple sets instead of staying 100% in Pro Style sets.
Peters is the first quarterback he recruited if you ignore the quarterback he stole from Houston, the four star quarterback he had switch positions to tight end, and the four star quarterback who just transferred to Miami(OH).

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peters is the first quarterback he recruited if you ignore the quarterback he stole from Houston, the four star quarterback he had switch positions to tight end, and the four star quarterback who just transferred to Miami(OH).

O’Korn lost his job at Houston and transferred to UM. Same way we got Ruddock, when he lost his job at Iowa. The fact he was taking in QB’s that LOST their starting jobs at Houston and Iowa should tell you how little talent UM had at QB.

And the QB he flipped from Texas was done so to play TE, which he changed positions when he stepped on campus and is our starting TE right now and led the team in receiving last year.

The first QB he recruited was Brandon Peters. Last year was the first year UM had a QB he recruited actually dress. Peters looked really good at times and looked really inexperienced at times.

Unfortunately UM runs a complex pro style offense and it asks the QB to do a lot. If Harbaugh used a spread offense it’d be much easier to put a young QB in as they’d have very limited throws to make and all audibles are made by the sideline and not the QB. In a pro style offense, it is on the QB to make the audible calls and read what the defense is giving you and coordinate with the WR on the route they will run. When it is run correctly — it is extremely tough to defend. When it is run poorly, your QB throws interceptions like the end of the OSU game.

This year will be telling, as UM will have a full team of recruits brought in by Harbaugh. The defense should be outstanding. I’m interested to see what the new changes on the OL looks like and what Patterson looks like.

UM still has a tough schedule, but I think they will fair quite well. I think it will come down to the final game against OSU and whoever wins goes to B1GCG.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and I mean that.

If Shea Patterson wins the job, performs at least slightly above average (anything is better than Michigan's QB situation last season) and stays healthy, this team could be looking at a great year ahead. They have 17 returning starters including most of their offensive playmakers and almost the entire defense. They get some tricky games on the road and a few tough ones at home, but if they play to the standard I think they can I see 10-2 with losses to Michigan State and Notre Dame. I think they beat Penn State and get over the hump of Ohio State this season.

Following this, I believe Penn State will lose only to Michigan this season. I think they avenge both of their crushing last minute losses to Ohio State and Michigan State. Overall I think they finish 11-1 with a very close loss to Michigan.

Ohio State I believe will beat Michigan State (as they should) and lose to Michigan and Penn State. Depending on TCU, I believe they finish 10-2 again, possibly 9-3. I think the loss of JT Barrett will be felt when clutch time comes around. I don't doubt Haskins, but the ice in the veins is one of those thing that has to be earned, and JT made some clutch plays in his career when needed. The Buckeyes will be a solid team again this season, but I think experience catches them in a few games, as well as most of their tough games being on the road.

Michigan State bring back a lot of experience from last season, around 17 total starters I believe. Not that I don't think they won't capitalize off of their development under Dantonio, but I think the division is just too good this season for them to come out on top. I do think they will beat Michigan at home, just out of pure will power and the mentality they have branded over the last 10 years of knowing they can beat Michigan on any given day. However, I don't think they catch Penn State off guard again, and I believe they lose by possibly 10+. Ohio State is just better than the Spartans, and if they show up and Urban actually devises a gameplan, the Buckeyes win by 10+.

So an overview:

1. Michigan 10-2 (8-1) *holds tiebreaker
1. Penn State 11-1 (8-1)
3. Ohio State 10-2 (7-2)*holds tiebreaker
3. Michigan State 10-2 (7-2)

It's a different perspective from most people but I don't believe it's out of the question.

As far as the playoff goes, I think Michigan would be in a similar fiasco as Auburn last season, and Penn State taking Alabama's role of last season.

I also have Notre Dame(one of Michigan's 2 losses) at 12-0 on paper, though they have 3-4 realistic chances of losing this season. They shouldn't be worse than 9-3.

While I don't agree with you, that's why they play the season. Big 10 should be awesome this year.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O’Korn lost his job at Houston and transferred to UM. Same way we got Ruddock, when he lost his job at Iowa. The fact he was taking in QB’s that LOST their starting jobs at Houston and Iowa should tell you how little talent UM had at QB.

And the QB he flipped from Texas was done so to play TE, which he changed positions when he stepped on campus and is our starting TE right now and led the team in receiving last year.

The first QB he recruited was Brandon Peters. Last year was the first year UM had a QB he recruited actually dress. Peters looked really good at times and looked really inexperienced at times.

Unfortunately UM runs a complex pro style offense and it asks the QB to do a lot. If Harbaugh used a spread offense it’d be much easier to put a young QB in as they’d have very limited throws to make and all audibles are made by the sideline and not the QB. In a pro style offense, it is on the QB to make the audible calls and read what the defense is giving you and coordinate with the WR on the route they will run. When it is run correctly — it is extremely tough to defend. When it is run poorly, your QB throws interceptions like the end of the OSU game.

This year will be telling, as UM will have a full team of recruits brought in by Harbaugh. The defense should be outstanding. I’m interested to see what the new changes on the OL looks like and what Patterson looks like.

UM still has a tough schedule, but I think they will fair quite well. I think it will come down to the final game against OSU and whoever wins goes to B1GCG.
Which is a more important position, QB or TE? If you are walking into a program that is completely devoid at a position, I’m not switching people out of the most important position in my complex offense to probably the least important offensive position.

Except Pattersen isn’t a Harbaugh recruit so if this is another 8-5 or 9-4 season then the excuses will still be “he still doesn’t have a quarterback he recruited.”

AfrikaBlack

Hoopla Cash
$ 102.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll have to see it to believe it and right now I say 7 games or less.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll have to see it to believe it and right now I say 7 games or less.
Michigan State won a lot of ugly games last year and got quite a bit of luck. I’m thinking between Michigan and Michigan State one will be 8-4 the other will be 9-3, it just boils down to who wins the game between them.