• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I think Michigan may win the Big 10 this season

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and I mean that.

If Shea Patterson wins the job, performs at least slightly above average (anything is better than Michigan's QB situation last season) and stays healthy, this team could be looking at a great year ahead. They have 17 returning starters including most of their offensive playmakers and almost the entire defense. They get some tricky games on the road and a few tough ones at home, but if they play to the standard I think they can I see 10-2 with losses to Michigan State and Notre Dame. I think they beat Penn State and get over the hump of Ohio State this season.

Following this, I believe Penn State will lose only to Michigan this season. I think they avenge both of their crushing last minute losses to Ohio State and Michigan State. Overall I think they finish 11-1 with a very close loss to Michigan.

Ohio State I believe will beat Michigan State (as they should) and lose to Michigan and Penn State. Depending on TCU, I believe they finish 10-2 again, possibly 9-3. I think the loss of JT Barrett will be felt when clutch time comes around. I don't doubt Haskins, but the ice in the veins is one of those thing that has to be earned, and JT made some clutch plays in his career when needed. The Buckeyes will be a solid team again this season, but I think experience catches them in a few games, as well as most of their tough games being on the road.

Michigan State bring back a lot of experience from last season, around 17 total starters I believe. Not that I don't think they won't capitalize off of their development under Dantonio, but I think the division is just too good this season for them to come out on top. I do think they will beat Michigan at home, just out of pure will power and the mentality they have branded over the last 10 years of knowing they can beat Michigan on any given day. However, I don't think they catch Penn State off guard again, and I believe they lose by possibly 10+. Ohio State is just better than the Spartans, and if they show up and Urban actually devises a gameplan, the Buckeyes win by 10+.

So an overview:

1. Michigan 10-2 (8-1) *holds tiebreaker
1. Penn State 11-1 (8-1)
3. Ohio State 10-2 (7-2)*holds tiebreaker
3. Michigan State 10-2 (7-2)

It's a different perspective from most people but I don't believe it's out of the question.

As far as the playoff goes, I think Michigan would be in a similar fiasco as Auburn last season, and Penn State taking Alabama's role of last season.

I also have Notre Dame(one of Michigan's 2 losses) at 12-0 on paper, though they have 3-4 realistic chances of losing this season. They shouldn't be worse than 9-3.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In addition to this post, as good as Wisconsin's running game will be, they honestly don't have the talent outside to go 12-0 this season with the schedule they have. Last season was a godsend of only 1 decent opponent from the West (Michigan) and even Michigan was very inexperienced and young.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you add in the Harbaugh likes to fuck himself in big games factor?

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't buy into your scenario. I think the best Michigan will manage is 7-2 in conference play, with a possible 4-way tie with Ohio St., Penn St. & Michigan St.

Two of those teams will go 2-1 against each other & two will go 1-2; one of the 2-1 teams will lose to Wisconsin, and a lower-level team (probably Indiana or Iowa) will knock off the other one.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he's due a championship, and Michigan is kinda low on the radar so they won't be looked at as a game where opponents will go all-in to win it

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't buy into your scenario. I think the best Michigan will manage is 7-2 in conference play, with a possible 4-way tie with Ohio St., Penn St. & Michigan St.

Two of those teams will go 2-1 against each other & two will go 1-2; one of the 2-1 teams will lose to Wisconsin, and a lower-level team (probably Indiana or Iowa) will knock off the other one.
Understandable.

I do think it's very possible though. Last season, heelllll no. But this season, given the circumstances, they have their chance.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention Belcherboy’s “Michigan with a big win” threads that are guaranteed losses.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's due a championship, and Michigan is kinda low on the radar so they won't be looked at as a game where opponents will go all-in to win it
Since he has come back to Michigan he has shrunk up in every big game possible. He has had more talent than every single team he has played except Ohio State and I don’t see how you can put that constant shortcomings on anyone but the head coach.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since he has come back to Michigan he has shrunk up in every big game possible. He has had more talent than every single team he has played except Ohio State and I don’t see how you can put that constant shortcomings on anyone but the head coach.
or the punter lol

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want a real out-on-a-limb pick, I think LSU might miss bowl season...

They lost basically everything on offense and defense and this is their schedule:

vs. Miami FL
vs. SE Louis.
@ Auburn
vs. La Tech
vs. Ole Miss
@ Florida
vs. Georgia
vs. Miss State
OFF
vs. Alabama
@ Arkansas
vs. Rice
@ Texas A&M

Off the bat, I see 5-6 when they get to Texas A&M.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or the punter lol
No one deep for Michigan State and you send three gunners tackle the “return guy”. Only way MSU wins that game is by blocking the punt. Michigan absolutely should have been in max protect when MSU has nearly blocked not one but two punts already that game. Plus no coach goes to him and says “hey, instead of rugby style just boot it away normal and if anything happens, eat the ball.”?

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds good in theory, but even if Michigan has a good year this year, Ohio State will fuck up their season like they always do. And they're gonna have to beat a Michigan State team that wins more than 3 games before I can pick that too.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I picked MI to win the B1G before Patterson. Of course I thought Harbs would have a better QB he developed on his own by now. But with Patterson coming in to save the day I am thing with MI still.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Saquon Barkley gone, it'll be a real disappointing season for them if Ohio State doesn't win the B1G.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Saquon Barkley gone, it'll be a real disappointing season for them if Ohio State doesn't win the B1G.
It is every season they dont win. Barkley didn't seem like a big factor in the games with PSU.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and I mean that.

If Shea Patterson wins the job, performs at least slightly above average (anything is better than Michigan's QB situation last season) and stays healthy, this team could be looking at a great year ahead. They have 17 returning starters including most of their offensive playmakers and almost the entire defense. They get some tricky games on the road and a few tough ones at home, but if they play to the standard I think they can I see 10-2 with losses to Michigan State and Notre Dame. I think they beat Penn State and get over the hump of Ohio State this season.

Following this, I believe Penn State will lose only to Michigan this season. I think they avenge both of their crushing last minute losses to Ohio State and Michigan State. Overall I think they finish 11-1 with a very close loss to Michigan.

Ohio State I believe will beat Michigan State (as they should) and lose to Michigan and Penn State. Depending on TCU, I believe they finish 10-2 again, possibly 9-3. I think the loss of JT Barrett will be felt when clutch time comes around. I don't doubt Haskins, but the ice in the veins is one of those thing that has to be earned, and JT made some clutch plays in his career when needed. The Buckeyes will be a solid team again this season, but I think experience catches them in a few games, as well as most of their tough games being on the road.

Michigan State bring back a lot of experience from last season, around 17 total starters I believe. Not that I don't think they won't capitalize off of their development under Dantonio, but I think the division is just too good this season for them to come out on top. I do think they will beat Michigan at home, just out of pure will power and the mentality they have branded over the last 10 years of knowing they can beat Michigan on any given day. However, I don't think they catch Penn State off guard again, and I believe they lose by possibly 10+. Ohio State is just better than the Spartans, and if they show up and Urban actually devises a gameplan, the Buckeyes win by 10+.

So an overview:

1. Michigan 10-2 (8-1) *holds tiebreaker
1. Penn State 11-1 (8-1)
3. Ohio State 10-2 (7-2)*holds tiebreaker
3. Michigan State 10-2 (7-2)

It's a different perspective from most people but I don't believe it's out of the question.

As far as the playoff goes, I think Michigan would be in a similar fiasco as Auburn last season, and Penn State taking Alabama's role of last season.

I also have Notre Dame(one of Michigan's 2 losses) at 12-0 on paper, though they have 3-4 realistic chances of losing this season. They shouldn't be worse than 9-3.

I do appreciate the optimism ... but I ain't happy until we REALLY win ... no excuses, no promises, just results. We need to nut up AND shut up!!!

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
brute.0.gif