• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I guess there is all kinds of controversy over the Cam Newton concussion testing

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After last night, officials can no longer call helmet to helmet fouls. If they do, the guys who get the calls against them could bring legal action against the officials and the NFL.

Roger the dodger won't even come close to addressing the issue.

I hope Siemien takes a couple to the noggin next week. Then we'll see how passe' the Bronco fans are about H to H.

Seriously?? Hoping a player takes a few shots to the head? I haven't seen one Bronco fan advocating for a player taking one to the head. Heck have seen quite a few say there should have been flags thrown that were not. There were what most consider 3 controversial hits to the head. 1 was flagged and 2 were possibly missed. I feel for Cam taking those hits and I hope the Broncos work on lowering the target zone. At the same time I remember last year Patriot fans getting so upset because one of our Safeties took out Gronk's knee during a game. There were people upset at Darian Stewart last night because he went low on Benjamin on a catch and hit him in the knee that just was hurt last year. I've played this game and I'm sure others that have understand that it is all good to try and say "hit them here" but in the speed of the game that is not always easy to control. I hope I don't see a Bronco player hit another player in the head the rest of the year but I'm sure it will happen and I'm sure some Patriot player will hit another player in the head this Sunday. It happens throughout the course of pretty much every game. But then to wish pain on another person just to prove a point is ridiculous.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:violin:You need to be concerned about how BB is gonna find a new way to cheat, or they may only win 3 games this yr....
:spy::photo:
I'm starting to get worried abouT you. It's hard to comprehend how fast you've fallen off your game. 3 wins? Tgann help your mentor and male role model. Come back b4 it's too late. I for one can't wait to see another Raven fan nuclear meltdown

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously?? Hoping a player takes a few shots to the head? I haven't seen one Bronco fan advocating for a player taking one to the head. Heck have seen quite a few say there should have been flags thrown that were not. There were what most consider 3 controversial hits to the head. 1 was flagged and 2 were possibly missed. I feel for Cam taking those hits and I hope the Broncos work on lowering the target zone. At the same time I remember last year Patriot fans getting so upset because one of our Safeties took out Gronk's knee during a game. There were people upset at Darian Stewart last night because he went low on Benjamin on a catch and hit him in the knee that just was hurt last year. I've played this game and I'm sure others that have understand that it is all good to try and say "hit them here" but in the speed of the game that is not always easy to control. I hope I don't see a Bronco player hit another player in the head the rest of the year but I'm sure it will happen and I'm sure some Patriot player will hit another player in the head this Sunday. It happens throughout the course of pretty much every game. But then to wish pain on another person just to prove a point is ridiculous.

You've pointed out 5 dirty hits. Defend them all you want, they're still dirty hits. The Broncos are being chastised across the country because different media people saw different hits. The Broncos are going to be known as a dirty team and their fan base is going to spend thousands of hours defending them to no avail.

As far as seeing the Bronco QB take a shot or two, maybe it will make the defense realize that they're not the only guys who can do it. They opened the door......can't expect no one to walk through.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've pointed out 5 dirty hits. Defend them all you want, they're still dirty hits. The Broncos are being chastised across the country because different media people saw different hits. The Broncos are going to be known as a dirty team and their fan base is going to spend thousands of hours defending them to no avail.

As far as seeing the Bronco QB take a shot or two, maybe it will make the defense realize that they're not the only guys who can do it. They opened the door......can't expect no one to walk through.

I don't think it's a team as general just a few bad apples. Talib who was dirty when he was with the Pats, Marshall and undecided about Ward yet

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's a team as general just a few bad apples. Talib who was dirty when he was with the Pats, Marshall and undecided about Ward yet

That may be Sonny, but if they keep getting away with it, then it starts to become an attitude that the team develops. The head to head that Von Miller put on Cam was open for the world to see and wasn't called. I personally believe it was because he was the SB MVP last year and the ref didn't want to put a blemish on him.
Once he got away with it, Talib figured, why not?

The officials miss very few things. They toss the rag for a slight movement on the OL and I mean slight. Yet they miss a head to head on the QB on a pass play? Newton got his bell rung and wasn't the same after that. The NFL should suspend the entire officiating crew for their inability to call 5 H to H in that game, 3 of which were pretty serious. Unless Roger the Dodger told them to let shit slide.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That may be Sonny, but if they keep getting away with it, then it starts to become an attitude that the team develops. The head to head that Von Miller put on Cam was open for the world to see and wasn't called. I personally believe it was because he was the SB MVP last year and the ref didn't want to put a blemish on him.
Once he got away with it, Talib figured, why not?

The officials miss very few things. They toss the rag for a slight movement on the OL and I mean slight. Yet they miss a head to head on the QB on a pass play? Newton got his bell rung and wasn't the same after that. The NFL should suspend the entire officiating crew for their inability to call 5 H to H in that game, 3 of which were pretty serious. Unless Roger the Dodger told them to let shit slide.

Maybe Ken but Talib was dirty before Miller was in the league. I never viewed Von as a dirty player but just an aggressive player who has a great motor, doesn't give up on any plays and will go east to west to make a tackle

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously?? Hoping a player takes a few shots to the head? I haven't seen one Bronco fan advocating for a player taking one to the head.

Your team certainly was advocating it, as two of those hits were launching, leading with the helmet, targeting high. Those were not accidents. The third one, the QB was hit and pushed into the helmet-helmet offender.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's systematic. Haven't the players already come out and said the game plan was to rough Cam up? Launching helmet first high at a QB isn't accidental.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's systematic. Haven't the players already come out and said the game plan was to rough Cam up? Launching helmet first high at a QB isn't accidental.

Honestly I haven't heard any of it, been watching too much of Narcos on Netflix and Gamorrah on Sundance and not much NFL network or other sports shows. That d plays physical against all teams from the limited games I have seen .They knocked Brady around pretty good, almost decapitating him.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to get worried abouT you. It's hard to comprehend how fast you've fallen off your game. 3 wins? Tgann help your mentor and male role model. Come back b4 it's too late. I for one can't wait to see another Raven fan nuclear meltdown

broken_record.jpg
Play it again Sam, and again and again....:L:tsk::rolleyes2:

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:violin:You need to be concerned about how BB is gonna find a new way to cheat, or they may only win 3 games this yr....
:spy::photo:

Just because you don't know how he is cheating doesn't mean he isn't cheating. I would bet he is doing something somewhere that is against the spirit of the game. That is just who he is.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a fan of the concussion protocol. But with a doctor/official in the booth who's supposed to be there to make the cautionary calls why didn't he? Apparently most of the posters here saw pretty clearly he was dazed. Goodell needs to fine that doctor if he and the NFL are serious about player safety. That would set the stage for future issues like this. NFL either take it seriously along with PED/Illegal substances testing or STFU about safety and integrity of the shield.

Reportedly, the independent official reviewed the play and Cam's actions afterwards and deemed him OK to continue. Cam has also passed all concussion tests since. It seems logical that he would've been concussed, but it doesn't seem to be the case, unless they're just covering their tracks so to speak.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your team certainly was advocating it, as two of those hits were launching, leading with the helmet, targeting high. Those were not accidents. The third one, the QB was hit and pushed into the helmet-helmet offender.

I can promise you the Broncos are not trying to advocate for going for the head. I watched them every single game last year with pretty much the exact same unit go out and play physical like this and it wasn't something that was brought up like it is today. They had a couple of big hits that they need to clean up. I can promise you the coaches are just as upset as anybody about the players doing that and I'm sure the players have already called or texted Cam to apologize. You can say they were not accidents but I think it really was the guys were just trying to be very physical and lost all technique when trying to do it. When you lower your head and lose sight of the target things like this can happen. It was a game that was amped up for both sides and I do think emotions got in the way of being smart on the field. If it continues week after week then yeah I will agree with you that they have a problem. One week of a couple of hits like this though I'm not going to start calling them some dirty team trying to hurt people.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can promise you the Broncos are not trying to advocate for going for the head. I watched them every single game last year with pretty much the exact same unit go out and play physical like this and it wasn't something that was brought up like it is today. They had a couple of big hits that they need to clean up. I can promise you the coaches are just as upset as anybody about the players doing that and I'm sure the players have already called or texted Cam to apologize. You can say they were not accidents but I think it really was the guys were just trying to be very physical and lost all technique when trying to do it. When you lower your head and lose sight of the target things like this can happen. It was a game that was amped up for both sides and I do think emotions got in the way of being smart on the field. If it continues week after week then yeah I will agree with you that they have a problem. One week of a couple of hits like this though I'm not going to start calling them some dirty team trying to hurt people.

Two different players completely launched themselves high, helmet first at the QB. Those were not accidents, whether directed to do so as a group or not. Dirty plays for sure.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
The Panthers did not lose the game because of non calls. They just got outplayed in the second half, and oh yeah - missed a field goal to win it. I think the refs view Cam as a big physical player who can extend plays and he will not get some of the calls that other QBs get. Having said that I do not see how the one hit was not called. My concern is that other players might feel they have license to go for his head.
One thing is for sure, you have to give Cam props for toughness.