• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I guess there is all kinds of controversy over the Cam Newton concussion testing

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not talking about designed run plays. I'm also not talking about the hits he takes because he refuses to slide. Those are on him. I'm talking about hits in the pocket and late/illegal hits outside the pocket.

And again I think with Cam because he is so physical the officials do allow some more of that with him. I'm not saying it is right by any means but his physicality has a huge advantage for him and a huge disadvantage. Just comes a bit with the territory of the style that the Panthers play with.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And again I think with Cam because he is so physical the officials do allow some more of that with him. I'm not saying it is right by any means but his physicality has a huge advantage for him and a huge disadvantage. Just comes a bit with the territory of the style that the Panthers play with.

It's the same with Ben and the same with Flacco. I think it's more about them not looking as feeble going down as say Brady.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the same with Ben and the same with Flacco. I think it's more about them not looking as feeble going down as say Brady.

True I do think size matters. At the same time I do think officials have watched plenty of tape of those guys having 2 guys draped on them and still not going down and making a play. So again there are great advantages to having such size. We have seen Flacco throw some great balls with guys on him. We have seen Big Ben just shrug guys off of him that look like a sure sack and turn a negative play into maybe the biggest play of the game. Sometimes what makes those type of guys so special can also hurt them in this particular situation.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Certainly not worse than this series of plays with Keenum last season. It is just disgraceful that the Rams didn't pull him from the game after he took the hit.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He definitely should have been pulled from the game & looked at on the sideline after the hit that drew the penlty.

Also, a personal foul should not be offset by a "regular" penalty like a hold or anything else. Personal fouls should ALWAYS be marked off against whatever team commited them. Just IMO of course.

No. Personally fouls are too vague & encompass many types of penalties. Why should a personal foul be enforced over another foul? DB hits a receiver a little high due to the receiver ducking, personal foul. The same play an OL holds. Would you really just enforce the personal foul & not the holding? They are both discretionary type penalties.

It's all part of the game. Penalties should always offset.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not about Cam's running. It's about his physical stature. Russell Wilson would have drawn a least a couple flags on hits that Cam took last night.

When your in the pocket, your a defenseless player, once you get outside and start running all bets are off, big difference

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When your in the pocket, your a defenseless player, once you get outside and start running all bets are off, big difference

This is what some people don't understand. You lose protection once you scramble outside the pocket. You are no longer considered "defenseless" & afforded protections that most other positions don't get.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right. QBs that are bigger in stature do not draw the same penalties in the pocket that QBs that are smaller in stature do.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
those three guys deserve fined. When is race going to be interjected into this?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what some people don't understand. You lose protection once you scramble outside the pocket. You are no longer considered "defenseless" & afforded protections that most other positions don't get.

True last year against KC in the playoffs, Brady took of running and got cracked on the 1 yard line, and it is what it is, and against Denver in the playoffs, forgot what player, but he almost decapitaed Tom and their was no call. Once a QB takes off and have many do it as much as Cam, game is on

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. QBs that are bigger in stature do not draw the same penalties in the pocket that QBs that are smaller in stature do.

Obviously stars or superstars are going to get more calls but it's not the bullshit amount you think. The hatred for Pats and Brady is obvious here Money 3 /4 of your posts have them in it. Jordan would get more calls than anyone and of course Peyton and Rodgers earned that right too. Give this young QB's a few more years and they will too, but don't fucking run everytime and do a queer dance afterwards, because the players will headhunt and the refs wont care as much, nobody enjoys showoffs

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously stars or superstars are going to get more calls but it's not the bullshit amount you think. The hatred for Pats and Brady is obvious here Money 3 /4 of your posts have them in it. Jordan would get more calls than anyone and of course Peyton and Rodgers earned that right too. Give this young QB's a few more years and they will too, but don't fucking run everytime and do a queer dance afterwards, because the players will headhunt and the refs wont care as much, nobody enjoys showoffs

I think your need to defend Brady is more obvious here. The fact that Brady draws more roughing calls than any other QB is not even debatable. He's the obvious name to bring up.

Are you saying Roethlisberger and Flacco are showoffs???

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think your need to defend Brady is more obvious here. The fact that Brady draws more roughing calls than any other QB is not even debatable. He's the obvious name to bring up.

Are you saying Roethlisberger and Flacco are showoffs???

No but show me some stats to support your statement. I tried to look up stats and only found 4 years 07-10

The NFL And Roughing The Passer Calls: Who's Getting Preferential Treatment?

ame Team RTP calls Name Team RTP calls Name Team RTP calls
Jay Cutler DEN/CHI 11 P. Manning IND 7 Favre GB/NYJ/MIN 4
Brees NO 10 Orton CHI/DEN 6 Hasselbeck SEA 4
Ryan ATL 10 Palmer CIN 6 Roethlisberger PIT 4
Fitzpatrick CIN/BUF 9 Rivers SD 6 McNabb PHI/WAS 3
Garrard JAC 9 Schaub HOU 6 Vick PHI 3
Brady NE 8 Bradford STL 5 Flacco BAL 1
Campbell WAS/OAK 8 Cassel NE/KC 5 Romo DAL 1
Edwards BUF/JAC 8 Jackson MIN 5 Young TEN 1
Hill SF/DET 7 Kitna DET/DAL 5
Rodgers GB 7 E. Manning NYG 4

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were asking WTF was going on as we watched it live last night. He clearly got blown up to the head, he clearly was dazed and in pain, but they let him finish?

The team docs, the coach, the officials and the league need to explain why he was allowed to continue.
Because they still had a chance to win the game. Nothing personal, just business!

Reactions: GNG

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No but show me some stats to support your statement. I tried to look up stats and only found 4 years 07-10

The NFL And Roughing The Passer Calls: Who's Getting Preferential Treatment?

ame Team RTP calls Name Team RTP calls Name Team RTP calls
Jay Cutler DEN/CHI 11 P. Manning IND 7 Favre GB/NYJ/MIN 4
Brees NO 10 Orton CHI/DEN 6 Hasselbeck SEA 4
Ryan ATL 10 Palmer CIN 6 Roethlisberger PIT 4
Fitzpatrick CIN/BUF 9 Rivers SD 6 McNabb PHI/WAS 3
Garrard JAC 9 Schaub HOU 6 Vick PHI 3
Brady NE 8 Bradford STL 5 Flacco BAL 1
Campbell WAS/OAK 8 Cassel NE/KC 5 Romo DAL 1
Edwards BUF/JAC 8 Jackson MIN 5 Young TEN 1
Hill SF/DET 7 Kitna DET/DAL 5
Rodgers GB 7 E. Manning NYG 4

Not worth the argument. Being a fan of the Ravens, I witness Flacco getting destroyed in the pocket and hardly ever drawing flags. Watching the Steelers quite often, I witness the same with Roethlisberger.

My point isn't about Brady so forget I brought him up (he was just the first name to come to mind). My point is about bigger QBs not getting the same calls as other QBs. This wasn't a Cam vs. Brady thing, so I'm not going to get sidetracked.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were asking WTF was going on as we watched it live last night. He clearly got blown up to the head, he clearly was dazed and in pain, but they let him finish?

The team docs, the coach, the officials and the league need to explain why he was allowed to continue.
The buck stops with the team doctor.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Concussion protocol:

"Count from 1 to 10 Cam"
"1, ...... 2, ........ A, .....cat, ......10!"
"Close enough bucko! Get that helmet back on!"

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, a personal foul should not be offset by a "regular" penalty like a hold or anything else. Personal fouls should ALWAYS be marked off against whatever team commited them. Just IMO of course.
According to NFL rules all penalties are equal.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting to see how many of the Broncos players are fined or whatever for helmet to helmet hits/targeting. There were several that were clearly targeting, and one for sure that was launching with intent.
Maybe they can have the QB be legally down with a two handed touch.

Calm

What say there fuzzy britches, feel like talkin'?
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3