• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I demand that montsho be banned from SportsHoopla immediately

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I was asking about earlier, clearly I missed something if that's what got him banned because I never saw that. I saw a lot of name calling between different people. And, I'd be surprised if that got him banned because it would represent a double standard on the hoop. But that's another topic and not something that I want to get into.

I didn't see all of the crap Montsho posted, but I have had a few arguments with him and like a couple of the Lakers fans I have tangled with - he can really be a shitty person, so I chose to back off and leave the subject alone and let someone else take the heat. There is one thing about Jay Z though: Jay is a professional Rapper and his music and medallions could easily be satire that points out to racism and it's sins through their music and not necessarily representative of his actual views. It's one thing to see actions that appear racist and not be 100% clear, but what set people off about Sterling is that he said it with his own mouth - no excuses and nothing to misinterpet. I don't know about Jay Z or the basket player that suggested an all black league - but I think they most likely were just mouthing off.

Racism, however exists on both side of the fence - so I'm not saying those two are or are not racist, but like Cuban said, it's a slippery slope - once you start banning owners for that, then you got the fans, the players, the employees of the NBA - it's delusional to say Sterling was the only one - what about the player a few years ago that dissed independence day because of the issue of slavery and as I recall, Cuban had to reprimend him.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://twitter.com/TheRealLJ2/statuses/460157093954486272

@TheRealLJ2 "Do for self Pardon me!"

so that clarifies it a bit. Clearly referring to blacks doing for themselves and owning their own stuff as opposed to bitching about what the white owner had to say. My $0.02

Donald Trump called for a revolution to over-turn Obama's election 5 or so years ago, and yet no one said anything about that either. Still what Sterling said was considerably more harsh and extreme

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can come back with a sincere apology that includes him renouncing racism in any form. He'd be on a short leash though. I'm not interested in some teenage kid following me around with petty insults and juvenile trolling.

Then my friend - you best not bring him back because I have never seen him do much other than petty insults and juvenile trolling - come to think of though - that might describe half of the posters in the NBA board:lol:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay. NOW it makes more sense!!:lol:

I can see where that's most likely what he meant - which is partly why I stayed out of that one. I thought that Mo might be right about the Larry Johnson not being a racist, but I think we all agree that virtually no one really understood what he was saying-which again is what montsho was right about.

That being said, however Larry Johnson's statements were not definitive and clear on what he meant and as such they sounded racist and he should have explained himself better

Now moving onto to the Jay Z - I think he most likely is racist, but being a recording artist - rappers will say and do strange things as a way of expressing themselves. They don't necessarily express what they think but most of them are trying to express the reality of things and how it's bad for our society, but again his actions looked and sounded racist and again he should have explained himself better.

That being said - I don't think it's realistic or nearly the same thing for fans of the games to be racist in comparison to a owner who is a unique position of power that can hold minorities hostages to his verbal abuse and assaults and Sterling has a long history of abusing his employees. He flat out isn't a good man and should have been kicked out of the NBA years ago. What happened last week was merely the straw that broke the camel's back

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see where that's most likely what he meant - which is partly why I stayed out of that one. I thought that Mo might be right about the Larry Johnson not being a racist, but I think we all agree that virtually no one really understood what he was saying-which again is what montsho was right about.

That being said, however Larry Johnson's statements were not definitive and clear on what he meant and as such they sounded racist and he should have explained himself better

Now moving onto to the Jay Z - I think he most likely is racist, but being a recording artist - rappers will say and do strange things as a way of expressing themselves. They don't necessarily express what they think but most of them are trying to express the reality of things and how it's bad for our society, but again his actions looked and sounded racist and again he should have explained himself better.

That being said - I don't think it's realistic or nearly the same thing for fans of the games to be racist in comparison to a owner who is a unique position of power that can hold minorities hostages to his verbal abuse and assaults and Sterling has a long history of abusing his employees. He flat out isn't a good man and should have been kicked out of the NBA years ago. What happened last week was merely the straw that broke the camel's back

I get it.

Sterling is racist and he should die for it.

Jay-Z is racist, but...

Right.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it.

Sterling is racist and he should die for it.

Jay-Z is racist, but...

Right.

I'm not saying Jay Z isn't racist and in fact I don't like rap and I have very little respect for rappers - but Jay Z is not an owner of the NBA - as long as he keeps his mouth shut when he comes to see games - I would be okay with that. I am just saying that I don't think you can legislate or control who your paying customers are. I think the job at hand is for the NBA to hold both the business owners and employees accountable for what they say and do. We can't control what the fans think or say. Now if Larry Johnson were to come forward and want to own a team - then he should have to explain himself better. In the mean time Carmello Anthony was wearing the same medallion and absolutely nothing has been said about it - which validates your contention(as if that needed it) there is a double standard.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying Sterling should die for being a racist either by the way - but I have zero empathy for a man that has exploited and abused a large percentage of his work force over the years. If he has cancer and passes away - I certainly think it would be a fantastic solution to end what could be an ugly problem for the NBA because we don't know if the business owners can force Sterling out. That might not be as easy as we hope and think

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm totally disgusted by his racism. I've never seen anything like it on SportsHoopla.

laughter.gif

seriously though, lately, it has hit a pretty disgusting level

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wishing cancer and speedy death on a man for personal opinions he shared in a private conversation with his girlfriend. No, I can't think of any worse I've seen since I've been here.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then save money and let him remain in the NBA - I am okay with that and I am more than willing to take a chance with Sterling's money with how it plays out. I am not 100% sure that they can force him out anyway - but just for the record - Stiviano was recording all of their conversations at Sterling's request. She was his archivist because he has a problem remembering what he said and she would play them back. It has also been stated that there was a third person in the room. One thing about those private conversations - they don't always remain private if a person has a deep and dirty secret. I'm not a Clippers fan anyway - and He obviously has set up the company in a trust, so as long as it's not his wife on the board of governors - I think it would work. His wife has been openly racist for years as well and wouldn't be any better. I seriously doubt that the son is going to be much better - I've been down that road -and the children of the father are never better than the father, but I think you have to give him chance. I am willing to compromise.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but mont went way beyond that. He completely melted down, called Hammer a racist. Hell, he basically called just about everyone that didn't agree with him a racist. He was given multiple chances to just stop and he wouldn't.

I've posted with mont quite a bit over the years both at cbs and here. He and I have always gotten along pretty well. Do I personally think he's a racist? No. But I have also seen him get stuck on something and take it to extreme levels rather than just admitting he's wrong or agree to disagree and move on.

This time, he simply pushed it too far. Way too far.

Oh shit I just read this & you made me spill my drink. :spit::pound:

He went into a complete meltdown. :laugh3::laugh3:

That sounds funny. :lol:

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha. I love you man but I think it's time to pack yer shit and take yer black ass up on outta here
:nod:

That quote and calling a Black man a boy is more racist than anything Montsho said... If it's because he called somebody a racist, he was called a racist by all of you... How's that for double standard Beardown...

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That quote and calling a Black man a boy is more racist than anything Montsho said... If it's because he called somebody a racist, he was called a racist by all of you... How's that for double standard Beardown...

Nobody called him a racist until he showed that he was, by tirelessly defending someone he only knows by the color of his skin. Giving him the benefit of the doubt, though we know that would not be the case if a white man showed up in public with a White Supremacist Group emblem on.

As far as this other fella and your double-standard...I have already stated somewhere on these threads that the double-standards exist in all of us, thus the outcries are feigned, even if subconsciously.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wlk, you know berkeley was spoofing there, right? And if you believe what you said, you didn't read much of what montsho said. Dude is disgusting.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TLF really said that HD?:L

Yeah, this issue seems to be bringing the very worst out in some. The hypocrisy is beyond belief.

"Donald Sterling doesn't want his g'friend posting pics to twitter with black people. I hate him and hope he dies of cancer."

Incredible.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldn't care less if montsho hates white people or not, but after reading that Jay Z thread. . . man, that guy was a clown.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh:

The Jay Z Thread kinda puts this one into perspective eh? Hell, this was a spoof thread....OP just handed him the shovel, he dug his own grave.

Berkeley_Blues

Retired Experience Junkie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wlk, you know berkeley was spoofing there, right? And if you believe what you said, you didn't read much of what montsho said. Dude is disgusting.

This and this exactly. Just a little levity with perhaps slightly poor taste.

(btw, I do work with the urban poor in places like West Oakland. I have huge empathy for the plight of blacks in America. It's been a brutal hard road for black people in this nation and it's no joke. And trust me, the good black people in this nation don't need the likes of Montsho's mouthy little punk ass making their road more difficult)