• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I demand that montsho be banned from SportsHoopla immediately

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
racist1.gif

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posting a pic of a 40 of Old English in this thread is a bannable offense, beardown.

Oh, hold on the SportsHoopla phone is ringing here at SportsHoopla World HQ. Let me check caller ID. Awww shit, it's the NAACP again!!!

Can someone get Saul Schwartzstein on Line 2?

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does the popularity of the racist group have anything to do with it? This is the dancing around reality that I was referring to.

Because comparing the kkk to the five percenters in terms of how well known they are doesn't make sense to me. I think everyone knows what the swastika and a kkk patch would represent but how many people know about the five percenters? It's not really possible to deny someone knows what the kkk is but the same can't be said about the five percenters.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because comparing the kkk to the five percenters in terms of how well known they are doesn't make sense to me. I think everyone knows what the swastika and a kkk patch would represent but how many people know about the five percenters? It's not really possible to deny someone knows what the kkk is but the same can't be said about the five percenters.

:tsk:

The groups fundamental tenets are steeped in the same extreme racism. The fact that the FPN are relatively unknown actually INCREASES the odds that he knows full well who they are. As stated 200 posts ago, do you suppose he stumbled upon that medallion at a garage sale? You think he got it at the local boutique?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ftr, the only people that wanted monsho banned, was a spoof thread...and montsho.

Berkeley_Blues

Retired Experience Junkie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O.K. I'm left of center politically. But one thing I've noticed (in the Bay Area) that leads to bad behavior (acting entitled, obnoxious, etc) on the part of blacks -- is when liberal whites go out of their way to make unnecessary excuses on behalf of blacks. It's just all bad once this dynamic kicks in. ALL BAD.

Blacks need to be called out on bad behavior just like any other group. Double standards need to be called out.

And whether he was white, black or something else -- Montsho was a mouthy little punk that just pushed things too far. Mods in this forum give us all a lot room for expression. But Montsho just pushed it too far.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:tsk:

The groups fundamental tenets are steeped in the same extreme racism. The fact that the FPN are relatively unknown actually INCREASES the odds that he knows full well who they are. As stated 200 posts ago, do you suppose he stumbled upon that medallion at a garage sale? You think he got it at the local boutique?

I think Jay Z knew what he was wearing, I think he bought it and chose to support their medallion knowing it's meaning. However, that does not mean I am right. Do you not think there is any chance the medallion was given to him or that the he purchased it knowing only one or two of their (non-racist) fundamental beliefs? And if you don't think there is any chance of that, you still can't prove that you're right without hearing from Jay Z himself.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a suggestion, but the moderators should take all of the threads demanding that someone be banned immediately and combine them into one thread with the following title

I Demand that anyone who disagrees with me be banned immediately

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jay Z knew what he was wearing, I think he bought it and chose to support their medallion knowing it's meaning. However, that does not mean I am right. Do you not think there is any chance the medallion was given to him or that the he purchased it knowing only one or two of their (non-racist) fundamental beliefs? And if you don't think there is any chance of that, you still can't prove that you're right without hearing from Jay Z himself.

Hogwash. You're being silly in a lame attempt to hold out some hope that Jay-Z isn't a racist, unc. That might work in a court of law but you're talking to people with brains here. Just stop already. :L

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you really get it ? I mean really get it ... so let it go then cause it sucks to be him because he isnt coming back no matter how much you bitch, moan, and cry about it ..your worse than a five year old that wants an ice cream cone after being told no

I wouldn't mind having an ice cream cone. It's 90 degrees here today and supposed to hit 95.

You buyin' MISKO?:suds:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He didn't deny it when given the opportunity? He is certainly aware of the situation now, and has said nothing to shoot it down. He promotes other bigoted ideals such as misogyny, and whether acknowledged or not, the use of the word Ni@@a in any form does nothing but perpetuate racism. His credo is taken from renowned sex magik occultist A. Crowley, whose ideals have spawned such wonderful groups like Satanists en sech.

But all of the above means nothing, unless he's tells Beyonce to quit hanging out with white guys in public and someone hears it?

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hogwash. You're being silly in a lame attempt to hold out some hope that Jay-Z isn't a racist, unc. That might work in a court of law but you're talking to people with brains here. Just stop already. :L

Again, I've agreed with you about Jay Z. It appears that he's racist based on him wearing that medallion. I assume he is, just as you do. But if someone wants to believe something else, I'm fine with that and it doesn't mean they're stupid or racist, imo. IMO, there is nothing wrong with someone saying that despite the probability that he is racist, it doesn't mean that he is actually racist.

Do you believe that your interpretation of the Larry Johnson tweet is the only correct interpretation? No. So why do you feel that way about Jay Z? Just because there is a better chance of Jay Z being racist?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's more well-known the 5 percenters or the kkk? It's hard to wear a kkk patch and not know it's meaning. I think you're misinterpreting what he was saying. He said that he had not really heard of the organization and didn't know all of their thoughts, and that it's possible Jay Z didn't understand what the organization was about when he wore the medallion. It seems far-fetched but it is possible that Jay Z didn't know that the 5 percenters was a racist organization.

If a celebrity showed up at a game wearing something that supported a white supremacy group that you had never heard of you might acknowledge it was racist but question whether or not they knew what it represented.

I'm bringing LJ because it's been mentioned a lot and I can't keep up with who all has mentioned it.

If someone wears a patch or symbol that represents a racist group, there are only 2 possible options to explain it, imo:

1.) They are racist and subscribe to the beliefs of that group.

2.) They are a moron who will wear anything that they think "looks cool" without bothering to find out the meaning of the symbol they are wearing.

So is Jay Z a racist or a moron?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, I've agreed with you about Jay Z. It appears that he's racist based on him wearing that medallion. I assume he is, just as you do. But if someone wants to believe something else, I'm fine with that and it doesn't mean they're stupid or racist, imo. IMO, there is nothing wrong with someone saying that despite the probability that he is racist, it doesn't mean that he is actually racist.

Do you believe that your interpretation of the Larry Johnson tweet is the only correct interpretation? No. So why do you feel that way about Jay Z? Just because there is a better chance of Jay Z being racist?

Would we be having this long-winded discussion if the races were flipped?

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't deny it when given the opportunity? He is certainly aware of the situation now, and has said nothing to shoot it down. He promotes other bigoted ideals such as misogyny, and whether acknowledged or not, the use of the word Ni@@a in any form does nothing but perpetuate racism. His credo is taken from renowned sex magik occultist A. Crowley, whose ideals have spawned such wonderful groups like Satanists en sech.

But all of the above means nothing, unless he's tells Beyonce to quit hanging out with white guys in public and someone hears it?

I've addressed that several times. If Jay Z's comments hurt the league he will no longer be a part of it. Donald Sterling's comments hurt the NBA. He was losing sponsors, he was no longer going to be able to sign players that could form a competitive team, and he was hurting the way the NBA was viewed because of the pr.

Carmelo, similar to Donald Sterling, has done things in the past that can be viewed as racism. Donald Sterling was not punished by the NBA until it hurt the league, this year. Carmelo will be punished as soon as he does something that damages the NBA. If Carmelo's racism is something that will hurt whatever team he is on, he will not be given a contract. If Carmelo's racism threatens the success of the NBA actions will be taken to prevent that.

It's not about comparing the racism of two individuals who are in completely different situations.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If someone wears a patch or symbol that represents a racist group, there are only 2 possible options to explain it, imo:

2.) They are a moron who will wear anything that they think "looks cool" without bothering to find out the meaning of the symbol they are wearing.

Well as far as I know - he sold his shares of stock in the former Brooklyn Nets and is no longer an owner and has dropped any intention of trying to own another team - so It seems like to me that this is academic because he's not an owner and is not affiliated with the NBA business wise. For that matter I don't think Larry Johnson is either so comparing two racists outside of the NBA with one inside the NBA is not a good fit because the rules and regulations inside the NBA organization are very different than the rest of the world. We can't fix the entire world, but the NBA should be able to put someone out of the NBA when it becomes so blatant as it was in this case with Sterling unless of course there is a medical reason Sterling went off on the woman. Jay Z and Johnson are not in the NBA to my knowledge so why are we talking about banning people that's not in it? Can some one enlighten me as to what the connections in business with the NBA are as of right now for Jay Z and Johnson? Everything I have read on the internet indicates they were affiliated with the NBA not ARE

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with you. We don't know which. Montsho was saying that maybe Jay Z was ignorant of their beliefs, which is essentially that Jay Z could be a moron and not a racist.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well as far as I know - he sold his shares of stock in the former Brooklyn Nets and is no longer an owner and has dropped any intention of trying to own another team - so It seems like to me that this is academic because he's not an owner and is not affiliated with the NBA business wise. For that matter I don't think Larry Johnson is either so comparing two racists outside of the NBA with one inside the NBA is not a good fit because the rules and regulations inside the NBA organization are very different than the rest of the world. We can't fix the entire world, but the NBA should be able to put someone out of the NBA when it becomes so blatant as it was in this case with Sterling unless of course there is a medical reason Sterling went off on the woman. Jay Z and Johnson are not in the NBA to my knowledge so why are we talking about banning people that's not in it? Can some one enlighten me as to what the connections in business with the NBA are as of right now for Jay Z and Johnson? Everything I have read on the internet indicates they were affiliated with the NBA not ARE

Jay Z is a certified agent.
Larry Johnson is a knicks exec.
Carmelo is an active player.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the NBA really only cares about losing its fan base...not racism.