• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I demand that Jay Z be banned from the NBA immediately

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There absolutely is a double standard. And its because in the past the white race enslaved, oppressed, and mistreated the black race in this country.

If I were black, I would stand up against this and preach that its time for the black race to try to move on because actions like this only foster racism.

But as a white man, I chose to stand back and understand that there is a damn good reason for black people to be more sensitive to racism than white people.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what it means too. Doesn't mean I belong to the group or hate white people if I wore the medallion though does it?

Would you wear a known racism symbol in public even though you did not agree with their beliefs?

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There absolutely is a double standard. And its because in the past the white race enslaved, oppressed, and mistreated the black race in this country.

If I were black, I would stand up against this and preach that its time for the black race to try to move on because actions like this only foster racism.

But as a white man, I chose to stand back and understand that there is a damn good reason for black people to be more sensitive to racism than white people.

bang on

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yet no one alive today was alive during slavery, so how can whites today be held responsible? That is like saying your family member robbed a bank and you taking the blame for it.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you wear a known racism symbol in public even though you did not agree with their beliefs?

Yes I would. The swastika is a symbol of peace the Nazis stole. Its all over India. However, you are rapidly deflecting and changing the topic because you cant prove your point. Where did Jay-Z say he hated white people or was even a member or the 5 percenters?

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet no one alive today was alive during slavery, so how can whites today be held responsible? That is like saying your family member robbed a bank and you taking the blame for it.

people were getting hung from trees and burned alive in the 60's

To many people the wound is still very very fresh and it should be respected

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For one Jack doesn't own a team. If jack showed up with a KKK medallion people would think he was a racist. Thats far from proving it and being taped expressing the sentiment. Your question is a deflection from the point though. The point is assumptions are just that. Assumptions.

You're the one deflecting in your response. I gave you a hypothetical about wearing a medallion, and you went back to Stearling and his taped statement - which I never argued nor would attempt to argue isn't completely out of line.

'The point' you are trying to make, is that certain white people try to justify racism by finding other bouts of racism. You are assuming there that 'justify' and 'make aware' are the same thing, which they're not. I think the point is, you can't cry about racism only from one side when it exists and is ignored elsewhere. Lead by example and stop all of it.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I would. The swastika is a symbol of peace the Nazis stole. Its all over India. However, you are rapidly deflecting and changing the topic because you cant prove your point. Where did Jay-Z say he hated white people or was even a member or the 5 percenters?

Does someone belonging to the KKK have to publicly state they dont like blacks or jews for it to be known?

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is no double standard. Racism is still in practice. Thats why we are even discussing the subject. Did you forget that?

Why would I be held hostage because these actions foster racism? I dont care if white people are racist as long as they stay out of my way if they feel like that.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) Its not about being held responsible, tts about understanding that the history of our ancestors and their ancestors still has an effect on life today.
2) Slavery officially ended long ago, but racism is barely dying (literally) out. Segregation lasted into the 70's.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When asked if that pendant meant anything to him and he said a little bit. The fact that he associates at all with it is proof he supports that idea. You don't wear a symbol of something you are against for everyone to see. He knew exactly what it meant and wore it. It is no different that Larry Bird showing up at a Pacers game with a KKK patch on his jacket. Bird would be crucified for it. Jay-Z gets nothing for it. That is the double standard.

I didn't do anything to mistreat black folks. I do not flaunt racist symbols. I do not condone the actions of all these white racists. Therefor to me, him wearing that pendant is racist and offensive. Slavery has nothing to do with his life or mine so there is no free pass given to either of us.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no double standard. Racism is still in practice. Thats why we are even discussing the subject. Did you forget that?

Why would I be held hostage because these actions foster racism? I dont care if white people are racist as long as they stay out of my way if they feel like that.

I agree that there is a separate issue of racism that still exists. It has come along way, though, and much of it is dying out.

I will admit that I've heard my grandparents (before there death) say horribly racist things. I've heard a few rare racially insensitive thoughts from one of my parents. I can honestly say there is 0, and never has been racism in me. I think this is fairly typical 3 generations of a white family in America. Its a promising sign.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're the one deflecting in your response. I gave you a hypothetical about wearing a medallion, and you went back to Stearling and his taped statement - which I never argued nor would attempt to argue isn't completely out of line.

'The point' you are trying to make, is that certain white people try to justify racism by finding other bouts of racism. You are assuming there that 'justify' and 'make aware' are the same thing, which they're not. I think the point is, you can't cry about racism only from one side when it exists and is ignored elsewhere. Lead by example and stop all of it.

I was addressing the OP. Its about Jay-Z being a racist. You are the one deflecting by giving me a hypothetical. Hypotheticals are not proof. I think the point is that you take care of racism at its source not try to claim someone else is racist and you have no proof. Why is Jay-Z even being mentioned? There is no proof of anything. People who do that are trying to pacify their discontent with a white racist being busted.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Its not about being held responsible, tts about understanding that the history of our ancestors and their ancestors still has an effect on life today.
2) Slavery officially ended long ago, but racism is barely dying (literally) out. Segregation lasted into the 70's.

and I full understand the point you are making, but the only way to get rid of racism completely is to apply the same rules to everybody. One race cant say or do something racist and be punished for it, while the other does effectively the same thing and it be just overlooked simply because of what went down 50-150 years ago.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The problem is that racism is viewed as being something done by white people. Black people can do just about anything they want and it is never seen as racist. The double standard exists and is wrong.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the thing everyone seems to forget is his banning and soon to be vote out of the league has nothing to with a racist comment (well, its what started this, but it is not why he's out). He damaged the NBA, sponsors were dropping, players threatening to boycott, etc...Sterling has a long track record of racist ways that are far more damaging than telling his tramp to not take a picture with a black guy, and the league did nothing. Why? it wasnt costing the league money.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was addressing the OP. Its about Jay-Z being a racist. You are the one deflecting by giving me a hypothetical. Hypotheticals are not proof. I think the point is that you take care of racism at its source not try to claim someone else is racist and you have no proof. Why is Jay-Z even being mentioned? There is no proof of anything. People who do that are trying to pacify their discontent with a white racist being busted.

Where did the OP ever say that he was trying to pacify a discontent with Sterling being busted? I never saw him say that he was bothered by that. I did see him say he doesn't like how the white guy gets busted for racism but the black people who do racist things don't get treated as racists. That is completely different.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When asked if that pendant meant anything to him and he said a little bit. The fact that he associates at all with it is proof he supports that idea. You don't wear a symbol of something you are against for everyone to see. He knew exactly what it meant and wore it. It is no different that Larry Bird showing up at a Pacers game with a KKK patch on his jacket. Bird would be crucified for it. Jay-Z gets nothing for it. That is the double standard.

I didn't do anything to mistreat black folks. I do not flaunt racist symbols. I do not condone the actions of all these white racists. Therefor to me, him wearing that pendant is racist and offensive. Slavery has nothing to do with his life or mine so there is no free pass given to either of us.

What did he say it meant to him? What were you thinking when you said slavery has nothing to do with his life? There is no double standard. Sterling is the one with documented racism. Where is your documentation on Jay-Z? Sorry but your assumption is not even close to being enough.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did the OP ever say that he was trying to pacify a discontent with Sterling being busted? I never saw him say that he was bothered by that. I did see him say he doesn't like how the white guy gets busted for racism but the black people who do racist things don't get treated as racists. That is completely different.

I demand that Jay Z be banned from the NBA immediately

Why?