• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I demand that Jay Z be banned from the NBA immediately

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, Jay-Z is not an owner on any level in the NBA, so the entire thread is pointless.

Second of all, the FPS is still a recognized religion. Did we jump on Mitt Romney as a mormon when they have a racist belief about blacks?

It never fails. White man gets caught being racist, and everyone tries to find someone black to hang next to him, EVERY SINGLE TIME.

good god man :L

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has been seen wearing a FPN medallion many times court side. I believe is still a 1% owner, and he is definitely a league-certified agent.

He doesn't have to say anything...openly following or admiring the FPN is racist. Sorry, but there is no way to spin this.

Yes he does have to say something or its all just you assuming. Sorry but thats the bottom line. Until he stands up and makes a racist rant you cant compare him to Sterling.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, Jay-Z is not an owner on any level in the NBA, so the entire thread is pointless.

Second of all, the FPS is still a recognized religion. Did we jump on Mitt Romney as a mormon when they have a racist belief about blacks?

It never fails. White man gets caught being racist, and everyone tries to find someone black to hang next to him, EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Well said (except the part about Mormon's having a racist belief, but that's another topic).

I'm tired of this:

- "That white guy just said/did something racist"
- "So!? Black people do racist stuff too"

It may not be the intention, but it comes off as trying to justify the initial incident of racism.

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well said (except the part about Mormon's having a racist belief, but that's another topic).

I'm tired of this:

- "That white guy just said/did something racist"
- "So!? Black people do racist stuff too"

It may not be the intention, but it comes off as trying to justify the initial incident of racism.

Nope, no one is trying to justify racism, and you're missing the point entirely if you think that's the case. It's just pointing out the sick double standard of racism in this country.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, so these demands havent made their way to Silver.

Just venting frustration with no intent of taking any action outside of a message board. Okie doke.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He still holds a 1% share, and is still an NBA CERTIFIED agent.

He WAS an owner when the sporting the medallion.

I like how black people wanna hang Sterling, but celebrate misogyny, sexism, objectification of women and a general disdain for all races not black, on a daily basis, but that's acceptable because they are "artists".

I don't condone Sterling's behavior in any way, but I can climb down off my silver pedestal, to see that there is a double standard, and selective outrage.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, no one is trying to justify racism, and you're missing the point entirely if you think that's the case. It's just pointing out the sick double standard of racism in this country.

Well whats the point of the thread then? Jay-Z has never been sued for discrimination or caught making a racist rant. Someone purposely went searching for some story to say a Black guy is racist. For what if not to deflect from Sterling's proven and self admitted racism?

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He still holds a 1% share, and is still an NBA CERTIFIED agent.

He WAS an owner when the sporting the medallion.

I like how black people wanna hang Sterling, but celebrate misogyny, sexism, objectification of women and a general disdain for all races not black, on a daily basis, but that's acceptable because they are "artists".

I don't condone Sterling's behavior in any way, but I can climb down off my silver pedestal, to see that there is a double standard, and selective outrage.

It cant be a double standard unless all things are equal. Hell this claim against Jay-Z is not even proven.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is proof of the double standard regarding racism.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jay-z-at-nets-game-4-1-2014.jpg

The medallion is that of a Black Supremacist Group. Period.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well whats the point of the thread then? Jay-Z has never been sued for discrimination or caught making a racist rant. Someone purposely went searching for some story to say a Black guy is racist. For what if not to deflect from Sterling's proven and self admitted racism?

This has been making rounds for well over a month now.

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're suggesting that if say, Jack Nicholson, who doesn't have a history of racism, showed up one game courtside sporting a KKK medallion, everything would be copacetic?

I would hardly call it 'searching' too.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is proof of the double standard regarding racism.

It is only proof you want to say "well the Black guy is racist too". You still haven't shown me where Jay-Z said anything or even admitted he was part of the organization.

ckhokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is only proof you want to say "well the Black guy is racist too". You still haven't shown me where Jay-Z said anything or even admitted he was part of the organization.

He obviously knows what it means

Asked once if the group’s symbol — an eight-pointed star with the number 7 in the middle — held any meaning for him, the rapper shrugged, “A little bit.”

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're suggesting that if say, Jack Nicholson, who doesn't have a history of racism, showed up one game courtside sporting a KKK medallion, everything would be copacetic?

I would hardly call it searching too.

For one Jack doesn't own a team. If jack showed up with a KKK medallion people would think he was a racist. Thats far from proving it and being taped expressing the sentiment. Your question is a deflection from the point though. The point is assumptions are just that. Assumptions.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again Jay-Z is no longer an owner

I have never heard or read anything that says or implies he is racist.

If he is or it is proven he should be dealt with as his role as an agent.

This story is about Sterling who was a kown racist for decades. What he said was deplorable.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He has never denied his involvment either.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He obviously knows what it means

I know what it means too. Doesn't mean I belong to the group or hate white people if I wore the medallion though does it?