• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I demand that Jay Z be banned from the NBA immediately

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt that we need no clarification on what Sterling said and I'm not disagreeing in any way with his punishment. However, to not even bother to ask for clarification from LJ or Jay Z, suggests a double standard.

While the title of the ban Jay Z thread may have been a bit much, it was created to address that double standard.

Suppose Mitch Kupchak had tweeted something about white people needing our "own teams, own league." How long do you think it would take before he was asked to clarify his comments? What if Jack Nicholson showed up at a Lakers game wearing a medallion that was representative of some white supremacist group? Do you think he wouldn't be asked about it?

The ban montsho thread was a spoof. Not sure about the ban tlf thread, though.:lol:

Again, I can agree they could/should have been asked for clarification... But in all honesty, do you think they would admit to being dumbass racist even if asked... So basically it's something that has to come out in time like Sterling...

As for placing Christianity on the same level as fpn, perhaps I wasn't as clear on paper... What I was really getting at was there are things within the Christian religion that not every Christian agrees with yet they are still Christian... Whether you or I agree with their religious beliefs (which we don't), whatever he finds in that religion is between he and his god, is it not...? That's the standard you have in your religion, so to not give the same respect to his beliefs are the double standard I referred to...

I get that they have contempt for White people which is wrong, but if you look at it, they claim a scientist created White people...:wtf2:

Just because we find it to be unbelievable doesn't give us the right to claim it's not a religion as this country was formed to escape religious persecution, or at least that's what my teacher told me...:noidea:

As for Mitch... Again, if LJ was tweeting about Black ownership and the like but not exclusion Mitch doesn't need to tweet that because it's a reality... But if LJ was talking exclusion, I wouldn't need an example I would be calling for his ban as well...:nod:

Senior year...:omg: I'm definitely not ready for that...:suds:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, the difference between Christianity and the admittedly little that I know about the FPN is in what the 2 religions cite as their main tenets. The FPN's seems to be based on hate and exclusion, while Christianity is based on love and inclusion. It could be that the FPN's tenets have been bastardized, as some have done with Christianity, to be something that it isn't, but I'd have to do more research to know for certain.

Also, I'm not saying that the FPN doesn't have the right to call themselves a religion, that's not my place any more than it's my place to say Kwanzaa isn't a real holiday. I will say, however, that I don't know of any religions that are established around the kinds of teachings that the FPN seems to have.

Yep, senior year. Seems like yesterday a good friend of mine and I were coaching his little league teams and having beers and a barbecue in the backyard after the games.

Now, he's about 2 inches taller than me, wears a size 16 shoe and will be starting college before the end of this year!! :shocked:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I think that all of the threads except for the Sterling one were bait threads.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunate that Montsho was his own worst enemy that bit on the bait. The problem is his mouth was like a trout - once you got them hooked in the mouth, their mouth will rip before you can get the hook out and the trout will die every time.