• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I demand that Jay Z be banned from the NBA immediately

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When we first got here i remember you being all high and mighty about race, cause your kids are mixed. I think you were just being defensive of your wife and kids. I dont remember, but i thought at that time you were hyper focused on semantics about race. Just my thoughts, which means shit.

I'm for what's right, I don't give a damn what race it is... When I first got here I found a post in the penalty box about a story written by a guy my wife worked with... There was quite a bit of racism in the thread and when I pointed it out, I was attacked like Montsho was here... Then was told people weren't racist just blowing off steam or some shit and that's what happens in the penalty box...

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The klan is not a religion, fpn is... So they aren't the same... So again, Christians used the bible to show slavery was righteous, Chritians are anti gay, and of course we have Jerimiah Write who's clearly a racist... So why don't you condemn anybody who wears a crucifix...?:noidea:

Because everybody in the Christian faith aren't ignorant bigots. I am Christian and don't believe anything of the kind. Don't forget, the majority of African Americans are Christian, so should I hold them to the same standards as the white Christians you speak of? :noidea:

azchamps

Hoopla Cash
$ 84.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ban every black man from the nba that has made a racist remark and I am sure that it will be an all white sport.
Fucking people......

azchamps

Hoopla Cash
$ 84.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The time has come for men to act according to their character instead of acting like " I deserve better" because I am............fill in the blank.
People are getting stupider by the minute.

azchamps

Hoopla Cash
$ 84.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My last thought, until black men quit calling each other ****er.....no one else will.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When we first got here i remember you being all high and mighty about race, cause your kids are mixed. I think you were just being defensive of your wife and kids. I dont remember, but i thought at that time you were hyper focused on semantics about race. Just my thoughts, which means shit.

wlk turned the majority of the board against him with his comments on here during the George Zimmerman trial.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The klan is not a religion, fpn is... So they aren't the same... So again, Christians used the bible to show slavery was righteous, Chritians are anti gay, and of course we have Jerimiah Write who's clearly a racist... So why don't you condemn anybody who wears a crucifix...?:noidea:

I haven't seen any Christians (at least not sane one's) use the Bible to show that slavery was righteous. Additionally, not all Christians are anti-gay.

You paint with a very broad brush when you make statements such as the above quote.

Do you also believe that all Muslims are terrorists?

Every race and every religion has idiots who will hate others simply because they look and/or believe differently than themselves. That is not the fault of the race or the religion, it is the fault of being human and people who twist things to fit their own beliefs.

The vast majority of Christians believe that slavery is wrong and view the time of slave owners in this country as a shameful and dark period in our history. The Klan, using religious symbols while spewing their hate is no worse than the fpn calling themselves a religion while spewing theirs. Hate is hate, no matter how it tries to disguise itself.

In fact, one thing that struck me while reading the quote provided by Robotic is that if you replaced the word white with the word black, the fpn and the KKK are basically the same organization with the same views.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Slavery. Another perfect example of double-standards and selective outrage. You have no problem hammering out your delusional posts on your computer, ipad or iphone while wearing your Nikes....but are appalled by slavery that existed 200 years ago.

It is appalling...no doubt, but it's funny how we can sweep aside CURRENT SLAVERY because it benefits us.

This is along the lines of what I was referring to, when I said, "feigned outcry", because that is exactly what it is....the only other choice is "ignorant".

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wlk turned the majority of the board against him with his comments on here during the George Zimmerman trial.

The internet is funny. I'm sure wlk in person is a good dude and we'd get along great. But I read some of the stuff he says on race and just :L

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Los Angeles is a powder keg on this race shit. The black people (and those who call themselves black) are more pissed at illegal Mexicans than they are white people. This Sterling shit wasn't legit enough to piss them off, but a Rodney King situation again and this town blows sky fucking high. And when it does, this time it's going to be so bad that they'll just clear out and let it burn. It's going to take the Marines to go in and secure shit this time. Just wait.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen any Christians (at least not sane one's) use the Bible to show that slavery was righteous. Additionally, not all Christians are anti-gay.

You paint with a very broad brush when you make statements such as the above quote.

Do you also believe that all Muslims are terrorists?

Every race and every religion has idiots who will hate others simply because they look and/or believe differently than themselves. That is not the fault of the race or the religion, it is the fault of being human and people who twist things to fit their own beliefs.

The vast majority of Christians believe that slavery is wrong and view the time of slave owners in this country as a shameful and dark period in our history. The Klan, using religious symbols while spewing their hate is no worse than the fpn calling themselves a religion while spewing theirs. Hate is hate, no matter how it tries to disguise itself.

In fact, one thing that struck me while reading the quote provided by Robotic is that if you replaced the word white with the word black, the fpn and the KKK are basically the same organization with the same views.

I'm not saying anybody today is using the bible to show slavery is/was righteous... But here is what I mean...(Link provided in earlier post in this thread)

RACISTS, HOWEVER, HAVE USED PASSAGES of the Bible for divine sanctioning of slavery.

Noah's curse on his grandson Canaan (Gen. 9:20-27) served as the prime proof text for their twisted arguments.

When Noah exited the ark, he planted a vineyard. He sampled too much of his wine, got drunk, and lay naked inside his tent.

Noah had three sons: Shem, Ham, and Japheth. Ham had a son named Canaan. Ham saw his father's nakedness, but his brothers walked backward into the tent to avoid the sight. When Noah awoke, he put a curse on Ham's son, declaring that Canaan "shall be a slave to his brothers."

Modern commentators believe that the story was told to justify the enslavement of the Canaanites because of certain indecent sexual practices in the Canaanite religion. The land of Canaan, stretching from the Mediterranean Sea to the Jordan and the Dead Sea, was where the Israelites settled.

FOR CENTURIES, EUROPEANS, AMERICANS, AND WHITE South Africans have used this text to justify the enslavement of Africans, whom they considered the children of Canaan.

Some racists also quote the Song of Songs (1:5-6): "I am black but beautiful, O daughters of Jerusalem . . . Do not gaze at me because I am dark, because the sun has gazed on me. My mother's sons were angry with me; they made me keeper of the vineyards."

The verse has been used as biblical justification that dark-skinned people are to occupy a lower rung on the racial ladder and are ordained to serve others.

Also you aren't suggesting that Chritanity is not anti gay... I'm not talking about some members I'm talking about the institution... (If you would like me to post links I can but I think you understand)...

I didn't get into Muslims as I'm not talking to Muslims and so I felt it a moot point... Ftr I don't subscribe to any religion so I'm not picking on nor trying to show favoritism...

And to tie everything together including your last points... I'm not painting with a broad stroke, that's what you guys were doing and Montsho was pointing that out... JayZ wore a medallion and you all claim he was racist for wearing it... Not once did he say he was a part of the organization, not once did he call anybody a devil, not once did they claim him as a part of them... His quote was "a little bit"... That "little bit" he agreed with could have been taking pride in being Black and loving the Black community... But your claim and the claim of others is his all out fpn... If that's your view then how can you then say you don't believe everything that Christianity stands for such as gays are evil which can be perceive as being devils... Dare I say a double standard...

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care about what some religion says. The Bible clearly prohibits sexual relations other than between a married man and woman. That is not open for debate. It's crystal clear; as black and white as Jesus inviting all people to follow him. Misguided religions may/may not approve of homosexuality but the Bible clearly prohibits all sexual perversion. It doesn't matter whether you or I agree with it or not; that's just the way it is.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care about what some religion says. The Bible clearly prohibits sexual relations other than between a married man and woman. That is not open for debate. It's crystal clear; as black and white as Jesus inviting all people to follow him. Misguided religions may/may not approve of homosexuality but the Bible clearly prohibits all sexual perversion. It doesn't matter whether you or I agree with it or not; that's just the way it is.

And there you have it... Hammer condemns homosexuality along with 3 others and Trojans doesn't... Does that make them more Christian...? Will you now cease to be a Christian because Hammer is pretty clear about what the bible says... If not does that make you anti gay as well...?:noidea:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying anybody today is using the bible to show slavery is/was righteous... But here is what I mean...(Link provided in earlier post in this thread)

Also you aren't suggesting that Chritanity is not anti gay... I'm not talking about some members I'm talking about the institution... (If you would like me to post links I can but I think you understand)...

I didn't get into Muslims as I'm not talking to Muslims and so I felt it a moot point... Ftr I don't subscribe to any religion so I'm not picking on nor trying to show favoritism...

And to tie everything together including your last points... I'm not painting with a broad stroke, that's what you guys were doing and Montsho was pointing that out... JayZ wore a medallion and you all claim he was racist for wearing it... Not once did he say he was a part of the organization, not once did he call anybody a devil, not once did they claim him as a part of them... His quote was "a little bit"... That "little bit" he agreed with could have been taking pride in being Black and loving the Black community... But your claim and the claim of others is his all out fpn... If that's your view then how can you then say you don't believe everything that Christianity stands for such as gays are evil which can be perceive as being devils... Dare I say a double standard...

FPN's fundamental tenets are that the Blacks are a superior race and that white men are devils.

Is this the fundamental tenet of Christianity, or just one passage in a massive book? A book which is very open to interpretation...in fact most most would say its meant to be interpreted on a personal level, aka what does it mean to you?

FPN doesn't really leave much to interpret. :noidea:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All your Bible quote does is show the ignorance of racists. Those passages are from the Old Testament which was a different time and was essentially rendered moot with the arrival of Jesus. Additionally, it just shows what I stated in my post, which was humans twisting things to fit their own beliefs and purposes. This is no different than Muslims twisting the Qu'ran to justify terrorism or the fpn calling themselves a religion while spewing racist ideology.

No one was painting with a broad brush with mont. It was mont who was painting with a broad brush claiming that everyone else was racist because they interpreted it differently than he did. It was also mont who claimed that only white people can be racist and that slavery and racism was invented by the Catholic Church.

Additionally, I never said Jay Z was racist for wearing that medallion. As I pointed out in different post, there are only 2 reasons for someone to be wearing a symbol that is representative of a racist organization: either they know exactly what the symbol stands for and agree with it. Or they are a moron who will wear it because it "looks cool" without bothering to find out what it actually promotes. So I guess the question would be: Is Jay Z a racist or a moron? Neither paints him a very good light.
Good thing he has Beyonce' to distract folks.:lol:

The term "double standard" does not mean what you apparently think it means. The Bible is not a literal, word for word account of what God has said. Me not having a problem with gays is not a double standard. It's understanding that the Bible is not a literal translation and also following Matthew 7:3 which says "Why do you look at the speck in your brothers eye, but not notice the log in your own?" As a good friend of mine who is gay AND a Christian said when I asked him how he reconciles being gay and Christian given what the Bible says: "That's between me and God".

Christian groups that berate and protest against gays are ignoring some of the most important of God's tenets. Not only are they ignoring Matthew 7:3. In fact, they are also ignoring all of Matthew 7 as well as Romans 5:1-11.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there you have it... Hammer condemns homosexuality along with 3 others and Trojans doesn't... Does that make them more Christian...? Will you now cease to be a Christian because Hammer is pretty clear about what the bible says... If not does that make you anti gay as well...?:noidea:

I don't condemn gays because it's not my job. That's God's job and he hasn't asked me for help (I do have a list prepared if he ever does though:lol:).

As I said, I try to follow Matthew 7. Besides, my hands are quite full trying to manage my own sinful nature.:suds:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FPN's fundamental tenets are that the Blacks are a superior race and that white men are devils.

Is this the fundamental tenet of Christianity, or just one passage in a massive book? A book which is very open to interpretation...in fact most most would say its meant to be interpreted on a personal level, aka what does it mean to you?

FPN doesn't really leave much to interpret. :noidea:

Not to mention the fact that the passages cited are from the Old Testament which essentially became moot with arrival of Jesus and the establishment of the New Testament.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention the fact that the passages cited are from the Old Testament which essentially became moot with arrival of Jesus and the establishment of the New Testament.

So your church never cites scripture from the Old Testament...? Also I wasn't aware Jesus came and established the New Testament after slavery...:noidea:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your church never cites scripture from the Old Testament...? Also I wasn't aware Jesus came and established the New Testament after slavery...:noidea:

Most religious groups can be divided up into one of two groups - some really believe the old testament applies while others reject the old testament. In summary it can be said that Jesus fulfilled the deeds of the law in the sacrifice of animals for sin because Jesus himself was the sacrifice. I hate to tell you this, but the New testament does condemn homosexuality in Romans 1st chapter. The utltimate plan of God was for there to be one man married to one woman. As far as slavery is concerned, the old testament teaches that anyone that is not a jew is an inferior and a dog - so that would be the basis for allowing slavery. In particular situation, the Apostle Paul wrote a letter seeking for the release of a slave and offered to pay for his freedom the market value it would cost his christian owner to buy another - but it is generally accepted that the apostles and early church leaders did not condone slavery. Just thought I would put that out because no matter how you look at it - the church in any city or state is not going to be compatible with a church or religious group if they accept the bible as the word of God.