• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Huskies 2017 Season

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so, but I haven't been around for a week and a half and haven't been listening to the radio. After my mother passed away I went on my vacation and things have just been a bit crazy.

I know they didn't like the changes last year forced on them by clear channel policies and Mitch bitched about it endlessly.

There is no word of either the pro or college survivor on their site and I don't believe they were even doing their golf major tournament contest like they used to.
Damn, sorry about your mom.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, sorry about your mom. Hope things slow down for you.
First day back to work today and after like 12 days off shit will be nuts for a few more days as I put out all of the fires around here.

Thank goodness we have real football 4 days from now.

:suds:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First day back to work today and after like 12 days off shit will be nuts for a few more days as I put out all of the fires around here.

Thank goodness we have real football 4 days from now.

:suds:
Sorry about your mom. My aunt just passed away last night and my dad called me this morning getting choked up. They were very close. Tough call, but I had his spirits up by the end. I'll be flying out friday morning to visit the fam so I'll be around to help him which is good timing. She was sick for awhile now and doctors gave her a few weeks so everyone knew it was coming. Sweet, funny lady.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhhh....what?

Washington senior linebacker Azeem Victor and sophomore defensive back Austin Joyner have been suspended for Friday’s season opener at Rutgers, UW coach Chris Petersen announced Monday.

Petersen did not specify a reason for their suspensions beyond saying they violated team rules.

Victor, a preseason AP All-American, will miss one game, Petersen said. Victor broke his leg during a game against USC last November and missed the final month of the season.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhhh....what?

Washington senior linebacker Azeem Victor and sophomore defensive back Austin Joyner have been suspended for Friday’s season opener at Rutgers, UW coach Chris Petersen announced Monday.

Petersen did not specify a reason for their suspensions beyond saying they violated team rules.

Victor, a preseason AP All-American, will miss one game, Petersen said. Victor broke his leg during a game against USC last November and missed the final month of the season.
ffs, this is not the way to start the season. :L

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Joyner is actually suspended for two games. He's projected as the starting nickle isn't he? :noidea:

We already knew David Ajamu was gone for the season after he broke his leg. Think we have some decent TE depth/talent so not catastrophic.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Joyner is actually suspended for two games. He's projected as the starting nickle isn't he? :noidea:

We already knew David Ajamu was gone for the season after he broke his leg. Think we have some decent TE depth/talent so not catastrophic.

Yeah Joyner was looking at a lot of playing time at the Nickel.....

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get all excited to have the guy back after a shitty injury and he gets himself suspended...

At least it's just Rutgers (and Montana). But Jesus, not good to have guys be getting in trouble...

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get all excited to have the guy back after a shitty injury and he gets himself suspended...

At least it's just Rutgers (and Montana). But Jesus, not good to have guys be getting in trouble...

College kids, what do you expect....

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

One the one hand it pisses me off, but then again Petersen sending very strong messages that it doesn't matter who you are, you have standards to meet or you don't play at UW. Period.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so, but I haven't been around for a week and a half and haven't been listening to the radio. After my mother passed away I went on my vacation and things have just been a bit crazy.

I know they didn't like the changes last year forced on them by clear channel policies and Mitch bitched about it endlessly.

There is no word of either the pro or college survivor on their site and I don't believe they were even doing their golf major tournament contest like they used to.

My condolences for your loss, WizardHawk.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhhh....what?

I saw this and was quite surprised.

Better suspended now than in a game that actually matters. At least this once again shows that Petersen won't put up with shit, even if it's from one of his best players.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was probably for something stupid like smoking weed.
My understanding was both was for coming up dirty for weed on a drug test. Joyner got a two game because it was his second offense, or so that's what is being discussed around the program.

Pot may be legal to purchase, but it is well understood it is not acceptable for athletes to use it, in or out of season. SO DON'T DO IT YOU IDIOTS. :L

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My understanding was both was for coming up dirty for weed on a drug test. Joyner got a two game because it was his second offense, or so that's what is being discussed around the program.

Pot may be legal to purchase, but it is well understood it is not acceptable for athletes to use it, in or out of season. SO DON'T DO IT YOU IDIOTS. :L

It wasn't publicized but Nate Hale - the four star CB Sark signed - was kicked off the team for multiple pot violations.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game day! :nutswing:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So did you expect more from game 1?

What concerns did you come away with and how worried are you about them?

What positives did you find?

Overall I wasn't that worried about what the defense did. The couple of drives they couldn't stop the run weren't all night and with Victor out I fully expect a much different thing the rest of the season. Plus it's good for his backup to have some solid game time in case he's needed. Pass coverage and secondary overall were about what I expected. Flashes of brilliance and moments they showed their youth. More positives than negatives though.

You do have to be at least a little concerned on the defensive line after that game though. They really didn't have much disruption in the backfield and were pushed back quite a few times by Rutgers. By Rutgers ffs. These guys are veterans up front for the most part. Really need to see improvement, but I fully expect that to happen.

The offense once again is starting off slowly and has too many mental lapses. That hit Browning took was completely unnecessary. Browning himself is probably responsible for it for not checking off his protection, but either way you can't have that against this level of opponent.

The run game struggled, but Rutgers is expected to be a pretty solid run stopping team so it's hard to know how concerning that aspect was.

The passing game wasn't anywhere near what should be the minimum expectation. The line wasn't holding as well as they should on the pass rush, browning looked a bit out of sorts to me, and way too often they weren't getting guys open and that's simply inexcusable when the defense is wholesale setup to stop the run.

When the defense is stacking the box and you don't run any/many quick outside strike passes you have to ask what the hell the play caller is doing and how much homework did they do.

Honestly I think a game like this can really help them prepare for their first conference game at Colorado. While I expect the buffs to take a step backward, you can't play a half ass game and take the first half of it off and go beat them. Or at least it would be far too close for comfort. They have two weeks of home easier games to get things worked out and then the real season begins.