• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Huskies 2017 Season

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all about the offense.....

So many weapons, Dayman touched on it, "how does the OLine handle the SC's and Bama's"

Can Jake shake off the semi final lose and his shoulder is really well can he take it to the next level?

The two headed monster of the running game with Gaskin and Coleman, honestly I don't think they get the respect national media wise, so I would like to see one of them or both just tear it up so they get the respect they deserve.
Honestly I don't really care about individual respect. I care about W's.

It's a long season against a wide variety of defenses. There will be games they need to heavily lean on the running game and some they will have to win through the air. The line is obviously a big question in the big games. The key to getting to the goals everyone wants boils down to injuries. They don't have a lot of depth behind the staring O line and losing Browning or Pettis would be huge blows. I think they could lose a RB or two and still be fine, but they will be a force if both Gaskin and Coleman can stay upright through the whole season.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if it's only a nine win season this year will it be a huge let down?
Of course, but it really depends on how it all goes down. If they dropped Browning in the 4th game and had some other serious injury situations it would be far more expected. Anything under 10 without something like that would be a huge step backward given the schedule they have.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huskies like Australian punter Joel Whitford’s style
Lots of talk this camp about the new Aussy punter. I mean he's a punter, but still. Meh? :noidea:

I like the rugby style punts when they work. ...when they work. That roll out before kicking can sometimes lead to problems if the defense breaks through the punt blocking. And sometimes those funny bounces actually work against you, but this is here to stay.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:tsk:

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington was not very competitive in that College Football Playoffs Semifinal game, but you couldn’t really tell because Washington fans were all smiles and “aww shucks we’re just happy to be here” the entire time. Which, I guess is understandable since the Huskies weren’t expected to be in the Playoffs last year, but still. Can you imagine how USC fans would feel about getting boat-raced by Alabama?

I know enough time has passed now that people just see the final score, but sometimes I feel like I saw a different game than everyone else. Boatraced my ass. And lol at a UCLA blogger defaulting to USC for an example of how fans with expectations would react. Does UCLA even have dedicated fans outside of some (but not all) students/alum and a few luke warm locals?

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not bringing it up.

Punting is the easiest fucking thing... just get a soccer player who has the talent for it to take a step and kick the ball. But no... it's 2017 and we need to make the simplest, most routine play in football a sphincter puckering experience every time.

Screw those guys, if I had $10 for every time a soccer player/kicker missed in college and high school I would have been buying the beers...

I remember we would come out to the next practice after a kicker cost us a game and we would push them out of the way and kick it through 40 plus yards every time...

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know enough time has passed now that people just see the final score, but sometimes I feel like I saw a different game than everyone else. Boatraced my ass. And lol at a UCLA blogger defaulting to USC for an example of how fans with expectations would react. Does UCLA even have dedicated fans outside of some (but not all) students/alum and a few luke warm locals?

That's because by the spread Bama should've doubled up on points against the Dawgs, but a real football person watching the game and knew the key injuries to the Dawgs knows damn well things could've gone different with out injuries...

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screw those guys, if I had $10 for every time a soccer player/kicker missed in college and high school I would have been buying the beers...

I remember we would come out to the next practice after a kicker cost us a game and we would push them out of the way and kick it through 40 plus yards every time...
I so don't care who it is. Find anyone who can punt it 40 yards consistently without first scrambling around then driving it on the ground and be done with it.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Petersen mentioned some freshman names that will play this season.

Salvon Ahmed's gonna play, Hunter Bryant's gonna play

DB's: Elijah Molden, Keith Taylor, and Brandon McKinney. (Probably a lot of special teams and mostly time out there when any games are not close in the 4th.

6-foot-4 freshman wide receiver Ty Jones "could" play this season.

I remember spotting Ty Jones at spring practice. He really stood out with his height and athleticism, but he lacked girth on his legs and frame. Still think he needs to hit the weight room to beef up a bit to deal with the punishment he'll be dealing with from the college game. But he could be something special with the right development.

Word is Ahmed is going to be a beast at pounding the rock.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not one of the Dawgs Oline made that Pac 12 teams preseason selections.

I know pres season BS, but this is still kinda of alarming.....

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone know if Mitch is doing the college football survivor this year?

@WizardHawk ?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone know if Mitch is doing the college football survivor this year?

@WizardHawk ?
I don't think so, but I haven't been around for a week and a half and haven't been listening to the radio. After my mother passed away I went on my vacation and things have just been a bit crazy.

I know they didn't like the changes last year forced on them by clear channel policies and Mitch bitched about it endlessly.

There is no word of either the pro or college survivor on their site and I don't believe they were even doing their golf major tournament contest like they used to.