• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Huggy calls his boys out...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU basketball: Huggins questions Mountaineers' 'commitment to excellence'  - Sports - Charleston Daily Mail - West Virginia News and Sports -

Huggy is at it again...

I know he is a great coach. But, I am tired of him questioning the heart of his kids repeatedly to the press.

They're your boys... deal with in internally. Tell the media and sportswriters your team's defense sucks... but, the kids are young. They'll get better... or they will be replaced in the future.

There ain't much that can be done about it now...

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs fired now, he has done nothing but wreck the BB program. At this rate it will take decades to recover. He can't recruit, as we can see by our roster and how many players that are playing on scholarship. A team coming off a final 4 appearance, should not be this bad. This year looks a lot like last year. They get worse as the year progresses.

Have a good game against IS and then they just collapse. This defense is worse then the football teams.

The basketball team was on a great rise under BB, then this joker comes in and gets extensions and raises and totaly mauls the entire BB team and blames it on the players. He need to learn to coach.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs fired now, he has done nothing but wreck the BB program. At this rate it will take decades to recover. He can't recruit, as we can see by our roster and how many players that are playing on scholarship. A team coming off a final 4 appearance, should not be this bad. This year looks a lot like last year. They get worse as the year progresses.

Have a good game against IS and then they just collapse. This defense is worse then the football teams.

The basketball team was on a great rise under BB, then this joker comes in and gets extensions and raises and totaly mauls the entire BB team and blames it on the players. He need to learn to coach.

Do you mean JB… as in John Beilein?

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a guy with 700 wins knows how to coach. And yes, we play like a bunch pussies on defense. Huggs tells it like it is. These are men not boys so I have no problem calling them out. Life isn't easy and college basketball in the Big 12 is no different. Calling them out will only make them realize that if you want to get better, you have understand your weaknesses, your strengths, and take ownership of your mistakes so the team can win. Sounds like a Hall of Fame Coach to me?? Unfortunately, the absolute garbage that sits on the pine with Huggs need to hit the road as they are worthless coaches and recruiters with the exception of Ron Everhart.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I was typing in the dark. New laptop with Windows 8.1 and can't get the hang of the different keyboard or the operation of it.

I was getting frustrated with the laptop and what I was typing.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think a guy with 700 wins knows how to coach. And yes, we play like a bunch pussies on defense. Huggs tells it like it is. These are men not boys so I have no problem calling them out. Life isn't easy and college basketball in the Big 12 is no different. Calling them out will only make them realize that if you want to get better, you have understand your weaknesses, your strengths, and take ownership of your mistakes so the team can win. Sounds like a Hall of Fame Coach to me?? Unfortunately, the absolute garbage that sits on the pine with Huggs need to hit the road as they are worthless coaches and recruiters with the exception of Ron Everhart.

I typed that with some truth and some sarcasm. But it was meant to make a point on Dana's behalf to a poster or two on here.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, I think the inexperience of the front court has more to do with the poor defense this year than the fact they are pussies.

I was at the Baylor game, and while it was frustrating to see them get burnt on the same play repeatedly, I doubt we'll see them make the same mistakes next year.

Watkins was back in the doghouse... I think he only played a minute.

Just a couple of weeks ago we were celebrating a huge win over Iowa St. Today we are questioning commitment.

Hard for me to keep up...

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
radio was was trying to predict our NIT seed tonight, one of their experts had WVU a 1 seed :suds:Id take that with this years team.

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I think the inexperience of the front court has more to do with the poor defense this year than the fact they are pussies.

I was at the Baylor game, and while it was frustrating to see them get burnt on the same play repeatedly, I doubt we'll see them make the same mistakes next year.

Watkins was back in the doghouse... I think he only played a minute.

Just a couple of weeks ago we were celebrating a huge win over Iowa St. Today we are questioning commitment.

Hard for me to keep up...

Inexperience of the front court is a part of this teams poor defense but it goes beyond that. Giving up 80 points plus night in and night out is just bad defense. I do think that we are not playing the defenses enough that help us counter the inside weakness. I would use more pressure and trapping defenses to eat up some of the shot clock. We can not let teams walk the ball up the floor and work it inside. We can't stop it.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said, I know the defense sucks.

Everyone knows the defense sucks.

But, I don't believe it is always due to lack of effort... or commitment. The front court has one guy who has played at this level before this season. I can only remember Devin Ebanks playing solid defense as a freshman.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really like how Huggs handles the team, when he does this he just looks like a jack a$$...but this is a very talented team and they just do not have the man power to keep up with these teams...next year I think this is going to be a great ball team. We will have depth inside and we need it.

I do not know why a coach with a young team and a outside shot to make the dance would rap on his team like this, yeah the guy can coach, but this is a dumb move IMO.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've read everyones comments IMHO I don't care how young the team is. Duke, Syracuse, UConn, Kansas and the Kentucky's of the world seem to figure out how to play with young players...I have said it before..Huggins makes over 2 million per season...this program should easily be winning 20 games a year and never missing the NCAA's with his coaching resume...its time for him to be let go.....

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've read everyones comments IMHO I don't care how young the team is. Duke, Syracuse, UConn, Kansas and the Kentucky's of the world seem to figure out how to play with young players...I have said it before..Huggins makes over 2 million per season...this program should easily be winning 20 games a year and never missing the NCAA's with his coaching resume...its time for him to be let go.....

I hear you, but you just compared us to four of the best programs in the country. They get one and dones, a lot different than having to develope the talent which is where our program stands. This team is young, but IMO there biggest problem is they have no inside presence. Judge him next year, that is when we will have one of the best three gaurd groups and some inside presence to go with it.

Amazing stat: in the losing streak teams have 45 buckets in the paint, WVU has 42 total buckets. :L

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you, but you just compared us to four of the best programs in the country. They get one and dones, a lot different than having to develope the talent which is where our program stands. This team is young, but IMO there biggest problem is they have no inside presence. Judge him next year, that is when we will have one of the best three gaurd groups and some inside presence to go with it.

Amazing stat: in the losing streak teams have 45 buckets in the paint, WVU has 42 total buckets. :L

I know I set a high bar with the competitive set...but we are talking about a HC with 700 plus wins and he has recruited several one and done players in his past...what happened to the Huggy recruiting magic?..IMHO he has gotten the Don Nehlen virus...

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slaton i will give you some fule to support your arguement....3 of Kansas 10 straight titles were won without a single reurning starter from the previous year.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slaton i will give you some fule to support your arguement....3 of Kansas 10 straight titles were won without a single reurning starter from the previous year.

Fair or unfair comparison...John Belein came in to Morgatown behind a program that was burned down to the ground by Catlett...he then went to Michigan to a program that was less than average...Huggy had the advantage of coming to Morgantown with a pretty good roster...so in esence a leg up by a mile than what Belein had to work with...again, pointing to his resume versus John Belein...how is he not getting it done?

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huggy has taken many risks in recruiting over the years. In the past it has paid off for him but it has really failed him the last couple of years. This is not a talented roster and I believe that Huggs has done a fairly good job with the current kids. That being said, it appears that he is having a more difficult time with the players. We have lost a lot of talent to transfers who are god kids that Huggs could not motivate. Add the new rules to the equation and it puts Huggs, who is a defensive guy, at a disadvantage.

Belein was perfect for WVU at the time. He took a different perspective to the game that allowed him to succeed with weaker players. He would take players who nobody else would be interested in but couild play well in his system. Huggs needs a couple of NBA types to succeed and since Jones Truck and Ebanks, he has not brought anyone in of that caliber. I am not ready to say yank the leash yet, but if he continues to lose players, it is time for him to go.

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. let him go. Then what? You think the great Messiah is gonna roll in with a hay truck full of 5 star recruits? I don't think so. Lets face it, WV will never get the elite in college basketball and because of that you won't get a Marquee Coach either. Belien was a diamond in the rough but as you saw--he bolted for Michigan as soon as he had success. Belien was special and still is. The odds of repeating that are low in IMO. You better be happy with what you got for now and be patient. Hard to recruit here and when you send out the likes of Martin/Harrison to a kids home--it is harder. I will say it again, the recruiting overall has sucked in Huggs tenure. I blame a lot of that on the asst. coaches because they are ones out on the road looking at the talent. They obviously have misjudged a few. Then again, maybe that's all you can get. Who knows?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you DIEHARD... there isn't another Messiah out there. Huggy is a great coach.

I am simply tired of reading about him throwing his kids under the bus. They're his kids. He and his staff recruited them. They need to find a way to motivate their kids without using the media repeatedly.

Everyone who knows anything about basketball can see for themselves what is happening during a game. We all know Huggs can coach. So, the issues on the court are due to a number of factors.

He has run a half dozen different defenses in the past few games. Saturday, he was running a diamond and two at times. The kids are lost. Their heads are spinning.

When they're juniors and seniors, it will look a lot different.

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, 80% of the defense problem really is the lack of a physical presence in the middle. I have never seen a player the size of Devon Williams get his shot blocked as many times in one season as him. On the defense end, he is not quick and he isn't a real quick leaper or leaper at all for that matter. If Holden would have been eligible, he would have led this team in rebounding and would have scored 15 points a game. We would be talking about the NCAA's right now if Holden would have been here. And that is straight from the horses mouth from people that know.