• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cody Hodgson, Very interesting story on his time in BC

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are some high-lites, Canucks fans might be interested but not surprised, You guy's seem to know your team very well. It's a long read but worth the time. Cody has a pretty good supporter in Gary Roberts...

Gary Roberts knows Cody Hodgson well. The retired 22-year veteran of the NHL has seen Hodgson try to train through a debilitating injury. Roberts has seen his young son take to Hodgson, and he watched the center respond by having daily lunches with the 4-year-old boy on Roberts' patio. Roberts has seen the drive and desire Hodgson has to be a successful hockey player.

With all Roberts has seen, he couldn't believe his ears.

While recapping the trade that made Hodgson a member of the Buffalo Sabres, Vancouver General Manager Mike Gillis essentially said last week he was glad to be rid of the center.

"I spent more time on Cody's issues than every other player combined on our team the last three years," Gillis said.

Roberts was flabbergasted.

"I listened to Mike Gillis the other day," Roberts said by phone over the weekend, "and my impression was, 'Are you kidding me?'........

Since joining the Sabres two months ago, the 22-year-old has repeatedly declined to look back at his time in the Canucks organization. He doesn't want to dwell on a stint filled with a misdiagnosed back injury, questions about his commitment and attitude, disagreements regarding playing time and, possibly, a trade request.

"I talked to Cody after this came out with Gillis," Roberts said. "I know he's on vacation, and I said, 'Hey, I know you went through a lot of stress. How are you feeling about some of those comments?' He said, 'Gary, I've dealt with a lot of stuff there in the last three years, and I'm just going to take the high road.'

The rest of the story......

Sabres' Hodgson fighting a bum rap - Sabres & NHL - The Buffalo News

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cody lets the adults do the talking for him :noidea:

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cody lets the adults do the talking for him :noidea:

I don't know the kid that well so I don't understand the comment. He has pretty much refused to talk about comments made by the Canucks organization in the past and from what I'm seeing here he was on vacation and it was Roberts that came out on his own and defended the kid to the media.

Maybe I'm wrong.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was a little surprised by what Gillis opened up about on Cody we all knew the rumours and believe them for the most part but to openly bring that up to the media was a little shocking and maybe Gillis was tired and got caught up in the end of season presser to drop that info. I can't understand what he could gain from it. may be a big FU to cody's agent?

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know the kid that well so I don't understand the comment. He has pretty much refused to talk about comments made by the Canucks organization in the past and from what I'm seeing here he was on vacation and it was Roberts that came out on his own and defended the kid to the media.

Maybe I'm wrong.

He has refused to talk period ... If he stepped up, acted like a man and said point blank ... "I asked to be traded" instead of reading from the same prepared script provided to him by his mother, father, his agent ( and Bonnie Lindros ) ... this would have gone away ... sure he would have lost some fans in canucks nation ... but in the grand scheme of things, why should he care about canucks fans

he comes across as a baby

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i was a little surprised by what Gillis opened up about on Cody we all knew the rumours and believe them for the most part but to openly bring that up to the media was a little shocking and maybe Gillis was tired and got caught up in the end of season presser to drop that info. I can't understand what he could gain from it. may be a big FU to cody's agent?

Or like one of the comments after the article noted maybe he was trying {Gillis} to deflect attention away from his teams unexpected playoff failure. Was he pulling a Burke?

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and Im not letting Gillis off the hook ... this type of treatment of Hodgson is a bad sign to free agents who are looking at Vancouver ... ie .. "Is this the way Gillis is gonna treat me?"

but I understand why he did it ... he's taking alot of heat for the Hodgson trade and Cody sidesteps any question of whether he asked to be traded and Gillis has to answer to season ticket holders and fans about why he traded Cody

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't like some of Gillis' comments at his end of season presser. Obviously, Gillis was pissed that the Canucks season ended as quickly as it did, and he went into that presser in a bad mood, and decided to take a few shots at CoHo. I don't think we'll ever truly know the complete story, but it's also pretty obvious Cody didn't want to stay in Vancouver.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or like one of the comments after the article noted maybe he was trying {Gillis} to deflect attention away from his teams unexpected playoff failure. Was he pulling a Burke?

that is a slight possibility.

its a strange end to the season Boss. never seen one like this before. I consider it an epic failure on the organization the way this season ended and how some of the players have behaved. Cody being one of them. the way Luongo is leaving town. the playoff failure. the 3 losses on home ice in the playoffs. their behaviour going into the playoffs and just before game 3 in LA. its a very unprofessional response. which is not like this organization. sure they can be punks and bitches at times on the ice but its a class organization in every other corner. this end was just bizarre.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has refused to talk period ... If he stepped up, acted like a man and said point blank ... "I asked to be traded" instead of reading from the same prepared script provided to him by his mother, father, his agent ( and Bonnie Lindros ) ... this would have gone away ... sure he would have lost some fans in canucks nation ... but in the grand scheme of things, why should he care about canucks fans

he comes across as a baby

I dunno stew people react different to different situations. Maybe he didn't want to burn any bridges? I just wish the media would let it go, he's a Sabre now move on and let the kid concentrate on playing hockey.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is a slight possibility.

its a strange end to the season Boss. never seen one like this before. I consider it an epic failure on the organization the way this season ended and how some of the players have behaved. Cody being one of them. the way Luongo is leaving town. the playoff failure. the 3 losses on home ice in the playoffs. their behaviour going into the playoffs and just before game 3 in LA. its a very unprofessional response. which is not like this organization. sure they can be punks and bitches at time on the ice but its a class organization in every other corner. this end was just bizarre.

It was a strange season for the Canucks matt. Don't get me wrong fellows I like the Canucks I just posted what I read and don't know enough about the whole situation to give my own personal opinion.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The story here, me thinks, is that there are two sides to every story.

Gillis took his shot at Hodgson and perhaps he was right to do so.

However, Gary Roberts weighs in on the other side. His relationship with Cody is that Hodgson is a client. He's unlikely to have problems with a guy who is voluntarily making use of his services.

Hopefully this is all we end up hearing and Hodgson can sink or swim on the ice.

jstewismybastardson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However, Gary Roberts weighs in on the other side. His relationship with Cody is that Hodgson is a client. He's unlikely to have problems with a guy who is voluntarily making use of his PAID services

Hopefully this is all we end up hearing and Hodgson can sink or swim on the ice.

Roberts is part of "camp cody" ... first rule of camp cody is no one in camp cody is to speak poorly of cody

fwiw
Roberts also said he regretted comments that appeared a day earlier in the Buffalo News where he called Vancouver Canucks general manager Mike Gillis "a moron."

The Canucks traded Cody Hodgson to the Buffalo Sabres prior to the trade deadline. Gillis criticized Hodgson, who trains with Roberts at his gym in the summer, at his end-of-season news conference.

"I spent more time on Cody's issues than every other player combined on our team the last three years," the Canucks' GM said last week.

The comments made it clear that Hodgson, who suffered a serious back injury while with the Canucks, had requested a trade out of Vancouver.

"I obviously didn't choose the right words. I don't have anything personally against Mike Gillis or the Vancouver Canucks," Roberts said Tuesday. "It was a little unjustified for me to go that far and I apologize for that word I used.

"But in Cody's defence, I've been with this player for three years, I see his commitment, dedication, the type of person he is, the way he treats people. I see how hard he's worked through a very tough time early in his career and I just felt very strongly that I had to take a stand for this young man."

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Gary meant to call Gillis a moran...

moran.jpg

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Gary meant to call Gillis a moran...

moran.jpg

Maybe he thinks Ian Moran and his family aren't that there smartish. Youse ever think o that Meester Dash?