• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How Pleased Are You That the Pats Are Out of the Big Game?

How Pleased Are You That The Pats Are Out of the Big Game?

• I just can't stop touching myself!

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • Ecstatic, I'm so sick and tired of those cheaters!

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • Happy enough but they'll probably be back next year.

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • Don't really care, in or out, doesn't make any difference.

Votes: 18 31.0%
  • Slightly bumming but at least Butler bailed them out last year.

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Not pleased at all. There's only so many chances to get there.

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Pissed off. All they had to do was handle Mr. HGH.

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • Not quite suicidal but still kICkiNg Mother's CaT.

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Tearing down a Brady fathead and blocking the highway with potato salad

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the offseason? Yes. Because it doesn't matter what they do. They will still be successful. The Patriots pick the most off the wall players that nobody is even thinking about. Every damn draft, they draft somebody where the analysts have to dig for highlights. But somehow, the Patriots still have success with these Random McJacksons. So there's no reason to follow it, because you know they will be good until proven otherwise.

You guys know me. I can't let a good troll thread go by the wayside. But it would be nice if we talked other things, which we will be doing soon.

Isn't it the offseason where people declare that *somebody* else from the AFC East will take the division.

It's going to happen sometime.. I just hope it isn't too soon.

As far as this week goes, I'm ready for the SB all ready. We'll know soon enough what to complain about. We're going to be bitching about someones legacy that's for sure.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does it matter if the Pats play in a weak division?
When you win the SB and then the following year you're back in the AFCCG,you had to beat the good teams to get to those points....... sheesh, some people just do not get it.

Well the weak division part of the argument comes into play in the sense of home field advantage. A great example is that of the Seahawks this year of if they played in the NFC East good chance they have home field advantage throughout the playoffs because of having such easy divisional games or at least getting the #2 seed since the Panthers did finish 15-1. So for the Patriots since 2006 playoffs they have only played 2 actual road games and lost both of them. If they played in the AFC North during those years good chance they don't finish with quite the record they did and maybe they play more road games making it that much harder for them to have made the Championship games. That is why the weak divisional argument matters.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am pleased in the fact that it means my team is in the Super Bowl! It definitely adds a little to the victory knowing it was against the Pats for the 2nd time in 3 years. They are the team to beat every single season in the AFC. Any team that can eliminate them in the playoffs should feel very good because obviously that has not been an easy task over the past 15 years. They are the class of the NFL.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am so fucking pleased that Denver eliminated the Pats for the second time in three years. Bad new, of course, is that the Evil Empire won a SB last year.

Upside, of course, is that the Broncos have a chance to win their third Lombardi around this time next week. :hope:
You better hope so. The door is closing quickly. Chances of Denver getting back to the big game are slim. Too many high priced free agents to try and re-sign. Pay-A-Ton retiring. Good luck you'll need it.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You better hope so. The door is closing quickly. Chances of Denver getting back to the big game are slim. Too many high priced free agents to try and re-sign. Pay-A-Ton retiring. Good luck you'll need it.

This seems more like wishful thinking than actual any thought put into this. I think we have seen this year that the Broncos did just fine even with Manning playing like the worst QB in the league for a good chunk of the season. Manning retiring means the Broncos have quite a bit of cap space to resign a good chunk of those FA's that you are talking about. Throw in beyond even just this year Elway has shown he knows how to build a winning team. Heck the team won even with Tim Tebow as the QB so twice now Elway has shown that he can have the worst QB in the league at the helm and his team can still go out and win.

They also have their QB already figured out to replace Manning in Osweiler that showed some decent promise this year. So really it comes down to resign the guys they already have this year and keep building through the draft like they have.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're the only girl in North America that thinks Butler's play was pass interference.

Congrats!

Being right isn't easy. But I make it work.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
come on, man. I'm certainly no Pats fan, but there is no way that should have been flagged for DPI.

Lets see.

WR has position and beats him to the spot, hits early with the ball in the air from behind.

That is called EVERY. TIME.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't that true with any division?

Sure it is blue but it seems like for the last 5 years they have gone 4-2 in their divisions and 8-2 outside. The AFCE is a close second behind the AFCN say last 10-15 years, while the AFCW has been maybe the most competitive last few years

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This seems more like wishful thinking than actual any thought put into this. I think we have seen this year that the Broncos did just fine even with Manning playing like the worst QB in the league for a good chunk of the season. Manning retiring means the Broncos have quite a bit of cap space to resign a good chunk of those FA's that you are talking about. Throw in beyond even just this year Elway has shown he knows how to build a winning team. Heck the team won even with Tim Tebow as the QB so twice now Elway has shown that he can have the worst QB in the league at the helm and his team can still go out and win.

They also have their QB already figured out to replace Manning in Osweiler that showed some decent promise this year. So really it comes down to resign the guys they already have this year and keep building through the draft like they have.
CD that sounds like a lot of wifhful thinking. But hey you have this years SB to worry about. Try actuallyrepresenting this time. I hate turning the game off by half time because it's over.
BTW what did they win with TeBlow?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not sure Oz is the answer, but yet he is better than Manning. But isn't he a FA? He's going to get some money for sure.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CD that sounds like a lot of wifhful thinking. But hey you have this years SB to worry about. Try actuallyrepresenting this time. I hate turning the game off by half time because it's over.

How is what I have said wishful thinking? They have already signed Wolfe to a below market value contract. They already have players who have said they are willing to restructure their deals to stay with the Broncos leading to more cap space. Manning is the biggest cap hit next year so him retiring or being cut opens up some huge money to sign at least a couple of the players that we want to resign. They have the QB position figured out which is usually the hardest to figure out. They have a GM that has shown he knows how to build a team to stay consistently good.

As for what did they win with Tebow they won the division and a playoff game with him at the helm. So terrible starting QB with a good defense sounds pretty familiar to this year. I mean what are the Patriots without Tom Brady? Probably an average at best team...What are the Broncos with some of the worst QB play of the year...Well Super Bowl contender. We don't put as much on our QB to succeed. It is why since Manning came to town we have had a top-5 defense 3 of the 4 years. Elway has put a lot of capital into building up an elite defense and it is part of the reason that we have been able to win the division and advance in the playoffs.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well other than the division and a playoff game, I guess not much.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad but do miss seeing BB draw up a game plan that accounts for the severe deficiency at the QB position.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure Oz is the answer, but yet he is better than Manning. But isn't he a FA? He's going to get some money for sure.

Well Oz to me stands a much better chance than any rookie they could try and go get especially having the possibly 31st pick in the draft. Oz has shown in his first year in this system that he can do decent. Give him another year in the same system plus good chance the Broncos try to fix the OL and let's see what he can do. Yes he will cost us money but again with Manning leaving we should have some very decent cap space to go out and sign Osweiler and the other FA's.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To answer the poll question, I'm pretty ecstatic that the Patriots aren't in the Super Bowl, mostly because that means the Broncos are in it instead.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Oz to me stands a much better chance than any rookie they could try and go get especially having the possibly 31st pick in the draft. Oz has shown in his first year in this system that he can do decent. Give him another year in the same system plus good chance the Broncos try to fix the OL and let's see what he can do. Yes he will cost us money but again with Manning leaving we should have some very decent cap space to go out and sign Osweiler and the other FA's.

I'm just asking questions, you know your team better than I, but isn't it likely that the Manning money would basically be, at best for Oz and Miller?