• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How many do we need Sunday?

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mid 60s with rain and slight wind could help

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a wet track to slow down Garcon

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK what it is this year, but we seem to play well against the NFC East defensively. That's why we are 4-0 against the NFC East. As bad as it looks right now, everything has still been set up perfectly for us. Already 4-0 against a weak division and the last two games are against the division. If we win this week, we get to play for the division crown at home where we are 5-2. Odds are we won't go undefeated within the division but there's still a chance. We suck against just about any team outside the division, but within the division we have gotten it done. Doesn't look like this team will win a playoff game this year, but making the playoffs at the very least is attainable.

Last edited by a moderator:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna be a lot lower scoring than most think IMO. Also, expect a lot of running. I think the message finally got through to Garrett, Callahan and Romo. You think it would have gotten thru already, but clearly it didn't. Look for an overreaction this week and probably...gulp...too many runs!!! Romo finally seems to have been held accoutable for his actions by his HC. His HC finally seems to have realized he just f'ed up real bad last week with his time management and cost his team a game. Too bad this didn't happen weeks ago when it became obvious to everyone else. I htink they need to start letting Murray into the offensive game plan meetings...

bigdeal701

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if this offense can score enough points with this defense. They will be going up against another backup QB, will they make him look like Joe Montana?

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
46 points. One also has to wonder when we offer Lee an injury settlement? Signs are pointing to this being a career ending injury for him.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
46 points. One also has to wonder when we offer Lee an injury settlement? Signs are pointing to this being a career ending injury for him.

Where are you getting this I have not read it or heard about it on the radio about Lee?

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we score 24 to win.

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna be a lot lower scoring than most think IMO. Also, expect a lot of running. I think the message finally got through to Garrett, Callahan and Romo. You think it would have gotten thru already, but clearly it didn't. Look for an overreaction this week and probably...gulp...too many runs!!! Romo finally seems to have been held accoutable for his actions by his HC. His HC finally seems to have realized he just f'ed up real bad last week with his time management and cost his team a game. Too bad this didn't happen weeks ago when it became obvious to everyone else. I htink they need to start letting Murray into the offensive game plan meetings...

I'd like to think you are correct about this jarnnt. Unfortunately, experience teaches me otherwise. Garret and Romo, to a lesser extent though, seem to be reactionary in the way they approach the game. We will see a dedication to the run this next game, but it won't last. At most, it will last through four quarters this game and maybe one more, which I doubt, of the Philly game.

In fact, I would almost bet that even if we are down by three TD's in the fourth quarter, we will see an almost absurd number of running plays with time winding down. It's almost like they choose to throw the whole "run more" complaint in our faces, rather than actually understanding that the running game establishes the passing game. To me, it seems that they truly believe that the running game is a necessary evil - one that they give a passing nod to just to keep the fans and the media off their backs.

At this point, though, I trust Murray more with the ball than I trust Romo. If it even had the remotest possibility of working, I would suggest snapping the ball to Murray and letting him decide whether or not to run it or to flip it to Romo for a pass play. Of course, that's just ridiculous because it could never work, but that's how little I trust Romo making these decisions.

What I am more in favor of right now, is letting Romo play his game for the first two quarters and then giving the ball to the back-up in the second half. He gets two quarters to get as many points as possible and then he's done. We would have won that game if Orton would have been in the game in the third and fourth quarter.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im actually leaning toward agreeing with Romo throwing in that situation. . Now , I dont agree with what he did. He should have taken the sack or done something else. A punt is a very dangerous thing with this team right now. As far as Murray, he cries and whines too much. He stays in the dog house as well

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to think you are correct about this jarnnt. Unfortunately, experience teaches me otherwise. Garret and Romo, to a lesser extent though, seem to be reactionary in the way they approach the game. We will see a dedication to the run this next game, but it won't last. At most, it will last through four quarters this game and maybe one more, which I doubt, of the Philly game.

In fact, I would almost bet that even if we are down by three TD's in the fourth quarter, we will see an almost absurd number of running plays with time winding down. It's almost like they choose to throw the whole "run more" complaint in our faces, rather than actually understanding that the running game establishes the passing game. To me, it seems that they truly believe that the running game is a necessary evil - one that they give a passing nod to just to keep the fans and the media off their backs.

At this point, though, I trust Murray more with the ball than I trust Romo. If it even had the remotest possibility of working, I would suggest snapping the ball to Murray and letting him decide whether or not to run it or to flip it to Romo for a pass play. Of course, that's just ridiculous because it could never work, but that's how little I trust Romo making these decisions.

What I am more in favor of right now, is letting Romo play his game for the first two quarters and then giving the ball to the back-up in the second half. He gets two quarters to get as many points as possible and then he's done. We would have won that game if Orton would have been in the game in the third and fourth quarter.

WOW

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Match up of disgusted fan bases. Good thing players not fans are taking the field. Toss up game IMO. Depends on who shows up for either team.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Match up of disgusted fan bases. Good thing players not fans are taking the field. Toss up game IMO. Depends on who shows up for either team.

Instead of watching or going to the game, all of the fans of both teams should just find a topless bar big enough to handle us all. (I guarantee a discount on the lap dances)

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im actually leaning toward agreeing with Romo throwing in that situation. . Now , I dont agree with what he did. He should have taken the sack or done something else. A punt is a very dangerous thing with this team right now. As far as Murray, he cries and whines too much. He stays in the dog house as well

It's not the one play. It was the whole second half. I've seen breakdown analysis of why Romo's first interception was the right call at that moment and I can't dispute it, though I certainly was hoping for a run. My problem, and I believe the problem most people have with Sunday night's game, is that the run was all but abandoned in the second half. Seven carries when we started up 26-3?

So they scored on their first possession of the second half. Does that mean the coaches and qb should panic and call pass play after pass play in an attempt to rack up more points. I know they were thinking about their porous defense and trying to score points. Sadly, even a four touchdown lead is questionable with our defense, but you don't help a defense out by trying to score quickly. You help a defense by keeping the other team's offense off the field for as long as possible.

If they had only one time-consuming drive, we would have won the game. I don't know what the time of possession was in the second half, but it couldn't have been in our favor. One six-seven minute drive at any point in the third or early fourth quarter would have made both of those interceptions a non-issue because they wouldn't have happened. The game would have been over.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And just for argument sake, lets remember what we did in Detroit. With a couple of minutes left up by 4.
We run the ball 3 times for a total 5 yards. Kick a field goal and go on to lose.

And Yes Murray was not there but I find it way to easy to say we should have run the ball because in hind sight we know passing failed.

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And just for argument sake, lets remember what we did in Detroit. With a couple of minutes left up by 4.
We run the ball 3 times for a total 5 yards. Kick a field goal and go on to lose.

And Yes Murray was not there but I find it way to easy to say we should have run the ball because in hind sight we know passing failed.

It wasn't hindsight. I was screaming it at my television the whole second half.