• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Draft & FA. Where do we start?

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RB,DT,OL,LB? LB,Center and running back are major need. I assume they draft a RB at some point. Maybe they can use a comp pick on RB.

Trey Benson or Jonathan Brooks? Brooks looks like a potential good back,but is not a big back. Benson is a bigger back.. Jaylen Wright has serious speed. Wright reminds me of a faster Felix Jones. Felix Jones stunk as RB so Wright is not moving the needle for me.

LB? I think they should spend and get one of the better FA LB. The value in round one I think is OL

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i believe in filling holes in FA and ALWAYS going BPA in the draft. We need help at RB, WR, an OL, DT, LB, and Corner. Jerry will create a ton of cap space reworking Dak and several other players. All the positions above have strong playmakers that can help the team. Go sign a RB(there are many, Barkley would work), LB(also a lot, Patrick Queen for me). The draft is deep at OL, DT and WR

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think we need a couple of free agents to feel holes. Is this a DT, LB, S, RB, C, or swing tackle?

When I look at LB, we have one and another who has yet to play a regular season down. I'd like to see a FA and two drafted..along with couple rookie free agents signed after the draft.

This draft sure looks good to draft a young top end center at 24. Maybe the Iowa corner/safety.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i believe in filling holes in FA and ALWAYS going BPA in the draft. We need help at RB, WR, an OL, DT, LB, and Corner. Jerry will create a ton of cap space reworking Dak and several other players. All the positions above have strong playmakers that can help the team. Go sign a RB(there are many, Barkley would work), LB(also a lot, Patrick Queen for me). The draft is deep at OL, DT and WR
WR is not a huge need IMO.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also think we need a couple of free agents to feel holes. Is this a DT, LB, S, RB, C, or swing tackle?

When I look at LB, we have one and another who has yet to play a regular season down. I'd like to see a FA and two drafted..along with couple rookie free agents signed after the draft.

This draft sure looks good to draft a young top end center at 24. Maybe the Iowa corner/safety.
I would get the DT from Texas at 24 if he is there or one of the 2 centers.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR is not a huge need IMO.
That's hysterical. Teams started double and triple teaming Lamb and the only other guy who consistently got open vs man coverage was Ferguson. Besides, Gallup is getting cut

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's hysterical. Teams started double and triple teaming Lamb and the only other guy who consistently got open vs man coverage was Ferguson. Besides, Gallup is getting cut
DT, OL, LB, RB, are much bigger needs than WR. We have Tolbert, Cooks, we can draft a rookie in later rounds. Not a huge need compared to other positions IMO. Nothing hysterical about.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DT, OL, LB, RB, are much bigger needs than WR. We have Tolbert, Cooks, we can draft a rookie in later rounds. Not a huge need compared to other positions IMO. Nothing hysterical about.
Tolbert and Cooks LMAO? Yeah, that will work. Imagine for a second...Lamb has a high ankle sprain week 3. Looking at a 4 game losing streak starting Cooks and Tolbert and probably lose your QB when he is sacked 8 times a game waiting for someone to come open .
We got BLOWN SMOOTH OUT by Green Bay at HOME in the playoffs. Our offense got destroyed. I don't give a crap about garbage time stats, I care about 42-6 before they called the dogs off. How about the previous year? SF sends us home while the offense spun their wheels.
Dak's play isn't the reason I want to let him move on. It's the fact that when he makes what he does, we have to strip the roster of weapons. Mahomes can get by after losing players. Dak can't. If he is gonna be the QB going forward, we damn well better get him another running back, a WR that is a weapon across from Lamb, and another offensive lineman to protect him.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What additions do you see to help get over the hump?
I would want to start with DT & MLB.
I know it is sexier to pick up offensive guys or DBs & edge rushers, but until we shore up the defense. Wont matter how good the Offense is.
DT & MLB would be my biggest wants this offseason.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it is sexier to pick up offensive guys or DBs & edge rushers, but until we shore up the defense. Wont matter how good the Offense is.
I would have no problem with that.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are 3-4 really strong DT prospects that may be there in round 2.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Tyron is back on an incentive laden deal that doesn't cost us much against the cap if he misses a huge chunk of games (we know he will miss a t least some time).

I think we acquire a center via FA or draft because I don't pay a lot for Biadasz and someone always seems to.

I wouldn't be happy if this team sees WR as a top need. Could we use one? Sure. Willl we acquire one? Yes. But, we have an elite #1 and a decent #2 in Cooks. We can't be paying big $'s or drafting one in the first couple of rounds.

DT and LBer...all day long...

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Tyron is back on an incentive laden deal that doesn't cost us much against the cap if he misses a huge chunk of games (we know he will miss a t least some time).

I think we acquire a center via FA or draft because I don't pay a lot for Biadasz and someone always seems to.

I wouldn't be happy if this team sees WR as a top need. Could we use one? Sure. Willl we acquire one? Yes. But, we have an elite #1 and a decent #2 in Cooks. We can't be paying big $'s or drafting one in the first couple of rounds.

DT and LBer...all day long...
I agree. Wr should not be a top need.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't a top need on this team. It is without question a need. Unless you enjoy being down 48-6 at home in playoff games
So the WR's were responsible for the team being down 48-6? Who knew??

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the WR's were responsible for the team being down 48-6? Who knew??
48-6 was icing. They could have scored ZERO to that point and we would have been down 7-6 because of Dak's pick 6. You can say Dak shit the bed all you want, and that's fine. But if this team is going to reup Dak(they are), then it's obvious that having 4 other offensive Pro Bowlers wasn't enough. So yes, he needs another WR. Do I want one in the first 3 rounds? It depends on if they are the best player available. We picked for need in last year's draft. How did that work out?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
48-6 was icing. They could have scored ZERO to that point and we would have been down 7-6 because of Dak's pick 6. You can say Dak shit the bed all you want, and that's fine. But if this team is going to reup Dak(they are), then it's obvious that having 4 other offensive Pro Bowlers wasn't enough. So yes, he needs another WR. Do I want one in the first 3 rounds? It depends on if they are the best player available. We picked for need in last year's draft. How did that work out?
It worked out pretty well most of the year and I suspect if Dak and CeeDee played even average in the first half it would have not been an issue in the playoff game either.

Did you know Gallup had over 100 yards in the playoff game and Ferguson just under 100 yards and Cooks added another 47? The receiving corps was far from our problem that game unless you want to say CeeDee early on was, which I would agree with. It wasn't due to Cooks, Ferguson, Gallup, Tolbert, etc play that we were down big