• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Draft & FA. Where do we start?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It worked out pretty well most of the year and I suspect if Dak and CeeDee played even average in the first half it would have not been an issue in the playoff game either.

Did you know Gallup had over 100 yards in the playoff game and Ferguson just under 100 yards and Cooks added another 47? The receiving corps was far from our problem that game unless you want to say CeeDee early on was, which I would agree with. It wasn't due to Cooks, Ferguson, Gallup, Tolbert, etc play that we were down big
Brother, I couldn't care less what the game stats were. You could tell me we had 5 guys with 100 yards receiving and it wouldn't matter. We were down 27-0 and 48-16 in the 4th quarter before the Packers went to a prevent and we scored 16 and rang up nearly 200 garbage yards in the 4th quarter. When the game was in the balance our offense did jack shit. Dak had a bad game, but a lot of that was having no one open to throw to.
Take out Lamb and look up where the rest of the Cowboys receivers rank in yards of separation.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brother, I couldn't care less what the game stats were. You could tell me we had 5 guys with 100 yards receiving and it wouldn't matter. We were down 27-0 and 48-16 in the 4th quarter before the Packers went to a prevent and we scored 16 and rang up nearly 200 garbage yards in the 4th quarter. When the game was in the balance our offense did jack shit. Dak had a bad game, but a lot of that was having no one open to throw to.
Take out Lamb and look up where the rest of the Cowboys receivers rank in yards of separation.
At the beginning of the game the problem was Dak, poor running, Lamb being out of synch and mostly a shitty defense.
I don't see anywhere in the first half where the deficit was due to not having another WR.
1st drive: we drove to midfield. We then had a 1 yard completion to Ferguson, a run and an incomplete to Lamb to end the drive
2nd Drive: ended because of an interception
3rd drive: We had a 9 play drive and we were in FG range after a 6 yard run by Cooks on 1st down. We lost a yard on a run on 2nd down for 2 yards to make it 3rd and 8 and Dak was sacked on 3rd down. Drive over.
4th drive: again in GB territory and driving and Dak throws a pick 6

Those are our drives up to us being down 27-0. Our problems were not due to Cooks being our #2 WR or WR depth in general. I think you have a narrative on this one and are trying to force it to be the cause of what happened and it just wasn't.

Next drive, which was the last drive of the half, we had a 12 play drive that ended in a TD.
First drive of the 2nd half (where GB was absolutely not in a prevent defense) we have a 12 play drive that stalls at their 16 yard line and have to settle for 3

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the beginning of the game the problem was Dak, poor running, Lamb being out of synch and mostly a shitty defense.
I don't see anywhere in the first half where the deficit was due to not having another WR.
1st drive: we drove to midfield. We then had a 1 yard completion to Ferguson, a run and an incomplete to Lamb to end the drive
2nd Drive: ended because of an interception
3rd drive: We had a 9 play drive and we were in FG range after a 6 yard run by Cooks on 1st down. We lost a yard on a run on 2nd down for 2 yards to make it 3rd and 8 and Dak was sacked on 3rd down. Drive over.
4th drive: again in GB territory and driving and Dak throws a pick 6

Those are our drives up to us being down 27-0. Our problems were not due to Cooks being our #2 WR or WR depth in general. I think you have a narrative on this one and are trying to force it to be the cause of what happened and it just wasn't.

Next drive, which was the last drive of the half, we had a 12 play drive that ended in a TD.
First drive of the 2nd half (where GB was absolutely not in a prevent defense) we have a 12 play drive that stalls at their 16 yard line and have to settle for 3
Man we just see that gane different Bro. You say the beginning of the game was Dak, poor running and Lamb being out of sync. Why was that. The Packers head coach is good friends with the Niners folks. What kind of scouting report did they get? Over/Under on Lamb every play and take away the run. Man up the other receivers and make them best you.
That game was 48-16 in the 4th quarter. If you think our WR's kicked ass, fine by me

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR is not a huge need IMO.
Look at Mahomes and what he had to work with at WR this past season. Total garbage for the most part. He got smart and just kept throwing to Kelce. Dak has had very good receivers for the past 6 seasons and the results were not great

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams beat the Cowboys by scoring first and then running the ball. Some of this was due lack of size at LB and DT. Some of it was Quinns scheme.

I think Zimmer will figure out how to stop the Run,but only if they get bigger up front . The good news is Zimmer likes to use safeties as blitzers and he got two guys ,Wilson and Bell already on the roster.

On offense they sucked at running the ball. The film show they could not run up the middle and it wasn't Smiths or Martin's fault. Biadz rarely cleared any holes.

Center,LB and DT is what they should focus on.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man we just see that gane different Bro. You say the beginning of the game was Dak, poor running and Lamb being out of sync. Why was that. The Packers head coach is good friends with the Niners folks. What kind of scouting report did they get? Over/Under on Lamb every play and take away the run. Man up the other receivers and make them best you.
That game was 48-16 in the 4th quarter. If you think our WR's kicked ass, fine by me
I would not hate it if they drafted a receiver early. This draft has some real good ones. They probably have to add one at some point because Gallup will be gone.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not hate it if they drafted a receiver early. This draft has some real good ones. They probably have to add one at some point because Gallup will be gone.
I wouldn't be upset early because there are 4-5 guys projected to go round 2-3 that look like they could be outstanding. I'm best player available in the draft. Drafting for need netted us Mazi and Schoony

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at Mahomes and what he had to work with at WR this past season. Total garbage for the most part. He got smart and just kept throwing to Kelce. Dak has had very good receivers for the past 6 seasons and the results were not great
Agreed. Dak is good. Mahomes is great. I'm not all for moving off of Dak because of his level of play. If he were going to make the same as, say, Micah Parsons, arguably the best defensive player in football, then yeah, sure. If he were making as much as Lamb, a 1st team All Pro WR...great. He just can't make as much as both of them COMBINED will lol

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Brock Purdy is better than Dak. I think SF made it to the SB with a great D and Purdy having CMC, Deebo, Aiyuk, Kittle...

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything draft wise is subject to what FA's they sign. They will need multiple LB additions. I remain mostly about the defense BUT, Dallas telegraphs themselves worse than most teams.... thus, they will be all about the running game. I think at 24 the Cowboys very well could see the following players available.

Jackson Powers Johnson
Graham Barton
Cooper DeJean
Troy Franklin

ALL SHOULD BE IMPACT PLAYERS YEAR ONE

The order I'd prefer
DeJean
Powers Johnson
Barton
Franklin

can not draft LB at 24 with these players on the board IMO
but it's fair game in round two.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything draft wise is subject to what FA's they sign. They will need multiple LB additions. I remain mostly about the defense BUT, Dallas telegraphs themselves worse than most teams.... thus, they will be all about the running game. I think at 24 the Cowboys very well could see the following players available.

Jackson Powers Johnson
Graham Barton
Cooper DeJean
Troy Franklin

ALL SHOULD BE IMPACT PLAYERS YEAR ONE

The order I'd prefer
DeJean
Powers Johnson
Barton
Franklin

can not draft LB at 24 with these players on the board IMO
but it's fair game in round two.
Powers Johnson is going to be a great center in the NFL IMO. I think a big physical center like that would really help Dak. Able to handle NT's without help and would allow Dak to step into his throws in the passing game. Losing Fredrick was a devastating blow for this franchise

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's being reported that Tyron Smith is done in Dallas. Whether they kick Tyler out to LT or draft a LT, OL just jumped to the top of the list IMO

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's being reported that Tyron Smith is done in Dallas. Whether they kick Tyler out to LT or draft a LT, OL just jumped to the top of the list IMO
Agreed

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. I read they wanted him back and he wanted to come back somewhere on SM. I could go either way. If back it needs to be incentive based so he doesn’t kill the cap when he is hurt. If not back I’m good with that too but he did play well last year

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am pretty old school.
Even if we didnt have OL as a priority. I am never gonna complain about drafting lineman in the 1st.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I think a good one will be there at 24. JPJ is the one I hope is there,but I doubt he will be. Barton maybe,but not sure yet.