• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Draft & FA. Where do we start?

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything draft wise is subject to what FA's they sign. They will need multiple LB additions. I remain mostly about the defense BUT, Dallas telegraphs themselves worse than most teams.... thus, they will be all about the running game. I think at 24 the Cowboys very well could see the following players available.

Jackson Powers Johnson
Graham Barton
Cooper DeJean
Troy Franklin

ALL SHOULD BE IMPACT PLAYERS YEAR ONE

The order I'd prefer
DeJean
Powers Johnson
Barton
Franklin

can not draft LB at 24 with these players on the board IMO
but it's fair game in round two.
Franklin may be there. I think he is better than several of the wide outs mocked ahead of him.

JPJ is my preferred pick. I would trade up a little for JPJ. JPJ is a huge player and he wants to be the most physical player on the field. JPJ makes a lot of sense when you consider those defensive tackles the Eagles,Lions and Niners have.

Barton looks good on tape. Barton though may need to move inside. Just not sure if he can be dominant at tackle? Barton does play with great technique and that matters a great deal in the NFL.

Dejean,with his versatility, looks like a good fit for Zimmer's scheme. Zimmer uses way more zone than Quinn so this pick would make sense.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts on Latu? What if he dropped? I would be interested in trading up if he drops lower than 17. One of the better past rushers I have seen in years

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts on Latu? What if he dropped? I would be interested in trading up if he drops lower than 17. One of the better past rushers I have seen in years
I think there is zero shot he makes it to 17. Pass rushers are to important

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is zero shot he makes it to 17. Pass rushers are to important
There are some mocks showing him dropping. Not sure why. Maybe an injury history. He looks like a top 10 talent to me .

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Arnold said Jerry's "All In" remark had to do with all coaches and support staff being on one year deals. He thinks Jerry wants to apply pressure. Three 12 win seasons says to him that the talent was there....coach um up.

SMH
Jerry is wrong though. Jerry is delusional The talent was not all there. They had one linebacker. They had only one run stuffer on the DL and he is past his prime and injury prone . Cowboys beat up on bad teams to get those 3 straight 12 win seasons.

Yeah they got a good chance at the NFC East title this year, but only because the division sucks . When you build a team solely through the Draft you can't have Drafts like the one in 2023.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Clearly there is no plan to add any good players. Win 11 or 12 games and go home early again. Rinse, repeat...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Arnold said Jerry's "All In" remark had to do with all coaches and support staff being on one year deals. He thinks Jerry wants to apply pressure. Three 12 win seasons says to him that the talent was there....coach um up.
Jerry is starting to rival Biden for being lost in the living room. Jerry probably does believe we are all in. After all, we have Troy at QB, Emmitt at RB..wait..

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry is starting to rival Biden for being lost in the living room. Jerry probably does believe we are all in. After all, we have Troy at QB, Emmitt at RB..wait..

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8-9 wins this year wouldn't shock me

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Clearly there is no plan to add any good players. Win 11 or 12 games and go home early again. Rinse, repeat...
I agree. They better hit on those first 3 picks.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sucks that we are stuck with these aholes running the show. Same mistakes over and over

I can't believe this FO did not see what they had in Ferguson and drafted Schoonmaker.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. They better hit on those first 3 picks.
Big time. I do feel like Overshown is really going to show out at LB, but we still need a thumper IMO. Losing Tyron right now is a problem, injury prone as he is. The protection wasn't the same without him. Tyler has excelled at guard. I would have liked the idea of kicking Tyler to LT a lot more had we drafted Torrence last year instead of Schoony. If Tyler stays inside it practically guarantees they draft LT in round 1, and reaching for need turns into Mazi/Schoony drafts

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More like Trump to me. Rich and talks out of his ass.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big time. I do feel like Overshown is really going to show out at LB, but we still need a thumper IMO. Losing Tyron right now is a problem, injury prone as he is. The protection wasn't the same without him. Tyler has excelled at guard. I would have liked the idea of kicking Tyler to LT a lot more had we drafted Torrence last year instead of Schoony. If Tyler stays inside it practically guarantees they draft LT in round 1, and reaching for need turns into Mazi/Schoony drafts
I am a little surprised Tyron will not be back. Tyron played well for the most part,but still missed games. I am interested if Waletzko can get on the field . Asim Richards looked promising last year. Bass I think should remain inside.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a little surprised Tyron will not be back. Tyron played well for the most part,but still missed games. I am interested if Waletzko can get on the field . Asim Richards looked promising last year. Bass I think should remain inside.
Man I'm good with all those guys as spot depth, but if any of them are starting day 1 we are up shit creek

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I'm good with all those guys as spot depth, but if any of them are starting day 1 we are up shit creek
Don't forget we also need a center. I highly doubt the Cowboys will match any offers Biadz gets. Maybe Hoffman or Bass ends up there. I do think there will be starting OL talent making it to 24.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this coming Monday will give some insight with Tyron. I'm thinking about the money so many teams have to spend starting mid next week. I'm also reminded how Tyron did Jerry a huge solid signing the contract he did, and how no other star cowboy will do that kinda team friendly deal again. Everyone knew he coulda made so much more on the open market, but he and his wife liked Dallas.

I've also been a huge fan the day Dallas drafted him. Tyron has a season left to get his stupid money.

Washington?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More like Trump to me. Rich and talks out of his ass.
Take your pick. I don't like either Trump or Biden so both are good comparisons to me :D

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you say that? I was thinking it was up on the air still on Tyron

I never understood the Waletzko love off of what we have seen. Bass looks like he's got a chance (agree it should be at Guard) and maybe we get lucky and Richards grows into something