• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Houston in six

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who the fuck is going to Sacramento on a one-year pillow contract? :scratch:

You say teams often disregard the salary floor, and you're not wrong there. However, teams that do that are pretty much always blatantly tanking. Tanking does Sacramento no good without a 2019 first round draft pick.

So why not spend the money on veterans who can take pressure off the young guys and upgrade their 28th-ranked defense???

Last I checked Tucker and MKG are still quality contributors in spite of their contracts...Tucker just played in the conference finals for Christ's sake.

LOL. The Kings JUST did this with Zach Randolph, George Hill and Vince Carter. They signed Vince to a one year deal at 8M per, when he was getting a minimum contract anywhere else. They traded Hill because he wasn't worth his "veteran" contributions.

Again, who cares about quality contributors, when you're not playing for anything. You keep saying the Kings are not tanking, which might be true, but at the same time they're opting for a youth movement. Playing guys like MKG and Tucker would be detrimental to any wing development the Kings want to have. That's why I reference Doncic who's probably going #2. You want him to get as much court time as possible to learn. Putting TWO guys in front of him doesn't help him.

But keep thinking this is a good trade, lol.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the reason Brooklyn swallowed Allen Crabbe's stupid contract was simply because they're in a big market and wanted to brag about their big market by spending money.

I however, think it's more likely that they didn't want to pay the minimum cap penalty two years in a row...

Hey why don't you look up WHO gave Allen Crabbe that contract. I'll give you a hint, it wasn't the Blazers...they just matched.

So the Nets traded for a guy, who they had AGREED to terms with previously and were ok paying him that amount of money. They obviously liked him as a player to give him that contract and saw that they could get him for pennies on the dollar and swooped on the opportunity.

This is a terrible reference point if you're going to keep going back to this one. Again, LOL.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Ain't no thread fail
Like a Hurricane thread fail
Cuz a Hurricane thread fail don't stop"

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Ain't no thread fail
Like a Hurricane thread fail
Cuz a Hurricane thread fail don't stop"
In that case shouldn't this thread be moved to the fouled out board? - Or are you going to simply rename it the Hurricane Board to honor him?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess the reason Brooklyn swallowed Allen Crabbe's stupid contract was simply because they're in a big market and wanted to brag about their big market by spending money.

I however, think it's more likely that they didn't want to pay the minimum cap penalty two years in a row...

The Nets are easily the worst run franchise in the NBA over the last 10 years.

The Kings might be 2nd, so they might be dumb enough to do this, but it would be very dumb.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey why don't you look up WHO gave Allen Crabbe that contract. I'll give you a hint, it wasn't the Blazers...they just matched.

So the Nets traded for a guy, who they had AGREED to terms with previously and were ok paying him that amount of money. They obviously liked him as a player to give him that contract and saw that they could get him for pennies on the dollar and swooped on the opportunity.

This is a terrible reference point if you're going to keep going back to this one. Again, LOL.

I knew who signed it. It still doesn't make it a good contract or even one of value that's worth absorbing a mere one season into it. The reason I reference it is because it's a valid reminder that the Tucker or MKG aren't the albatross contracts YOU make them out to be.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss You're the salary cap expert on this board...I know you have more "pressing" issues to deal with, but would moving the contracts of Tucker and Gordon be enough cap-wise for Houston to sign LeBron?

Because frankly I don't see anyone taking on Anderson's contract...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss You're the salary cap expert on this board...I know you have more "pressing" issues to deal with, but would moving the contracts of Tucker and Gordon be enough cap-wise for Houston to sign LeBron?

Because frankly I don't see anyone taking on Anderson's contract...
I am not sure what CP3's cap hold is. I would GUESS it would be at least 25M--- but it could be up to 32M or more--- so without knowing that its hard to tell.

Harden is on the books for 30.4M next year

Anderson is on the books for 20.4

lets assume CP3's cap hold is 28M even though that might be conservative.

Just those 3 guys right there total about 80M

The cap is estimated to be about 108M.

that leaves only 28M left - in cap room.

The Rockets could EASILY get rid of Gordon and Tucker if they wanted to- but they would have to get rid of both of those guys, and let Capela walk if they could not get rid of Anderson to even have a CHANCE- and even then CP3 and LBJ would likely have to take discounts.

Pretty much the only way LeBron gets to Houston, that is realistic, is if he opts in to his 1 year contract and then is traded.

IF LeBron is going to leave that would not be a terrible option for the Cavs as they could get Gordon and some picks at hte VERY VERY LEAST, and find a 3rd team to take Gordon for even more assets.

Having the 8th pick, Love, Gordon, Korver, a couple Houston firsts (even though they would be bad), Osman, Nance Jr., Clarkson---- would make them EONS ahead of where they were last time LeBron left.

They could definitely trade Love and Gordon for fairly significant assets--- and someone might even give up a couple 2nds for Korver as he has a fairly good contract and would be a nice asset for a team that needs a knock down shooter.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep trying to change the subject - but you joined a buddy of yours who also thought the Rockets was a better team than the Warriors - but the Warriors have three all star players - The Rockets have two and a seven man rotation which is filled with some mediocre shooters at the best and from 1 to 12 - The Warriors are simply the better team.

The only thing left to say is the Rockets did very will with very little. D'antoni almost made it work with Isolation ball, but I still think team ball is better - Now must man up and admit that you was wrong with your Houston in Six shit
i mean dude--- CP3 got hurt

if CP3 does not get hurt- i highly doubt hte Rockets blow 2 large 2nd half leads in a row.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure what CP3's cap hold is. I would GUESS it would be at least 25M--- but it could be up to 32M or more--- so without knowing that its hard to tell.

Harden is on the books for 30.4M next year

Anderson is on the books for 20.4

lets assume CP3's cap hold is 28M even though that might be conservative.

Just those 3 guys right there total about 80M

The cap is estimated to be about 108M.

that leaves only 28M left - in cap room.

The Rockets could EASILY get rid of Gordon and Tucker if they wanted to- but they would have to get rid of both of those guys, and let Capela walk if they could not get rid of Anderson to even have a CHANCE- and even then CP3 and LBJ would likely have to take discounts.

Pretty much the only way LeBron gets to Houston, that is realistic, is if he opts in to his 1 year contract and then is traded.

IF LeBron is going to leave that would not be a terrible option for the Cavs as they could get Gordon and some picks at hte VERY VERY LEAST, and find a 3rd team to take Gordon for even more assets.

Having the 8th pick, Love, Gordon, Korver, a couple Houston firsts (even though they would be bad), Osman, Nance Jr., Clarkson---- would make them EONS ahead of where they were last time LeBron left.

They could definitely trade Love and Gordon for fairly significant assets--- and someone might even give up a couple 2nds for Korver as he has a fairly good contract and would be a nice asset for a team that needs a knock down shooter.

You are right.

But it would also leave them exactly where you always say teams don't want to be.

A fringe playoff team with little future upside.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not quite sure but I think Ryan Anderson would need to be the deal that got moved for cap space. Also CP3 is up for free agency as well.

But mostly, I don't agree with the value you have on this trade. Sacramento would get a late 1st round pick and take on 20M plus in salary for at least two years. That's horrible trade value for Sacramento. There's no value to them doing that because neither MKG or Tucker make them really any better. That would be one of the most expensive late first round draft picks in NBA history.
i dunno

say they have Fox and Doncic

Tucker and MKG are precisely the type of wing defenders and athletes that would be immensely helpful to those guys--- Sacramento doesnt have their first rounder anyway so they arent tanking---

Giving Fox and Doncic defensive help and athletes like MKG and Tucker on the wing would go help them and their development a lot. Plus, Tucker and MKG are the type of defensive wings a lot of contenders are looking for to guard guys like Durant, LeBron, now Tatum, Harden, etc. etc. etc. in the playoffs

shit the Cavs would love to take Tuckers or MKGs contracts id guess.

the Kings with - i am assuming- Doncic and Fox- are both relaly really great young talented kids- but if you hang them out to dry on the defensive end it will not help their develoment. There is nothing that saps a young teams development and momentum more than just being awful defensively and getting your brains beat in every night.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right.

But it would also leave them exactly where you always say teams don't want to be.

A fringe playoff team with little future upside.
oh what i am saying is if the Cavs make that move IMMEDIATELy trade Gordon, Love and Korver--- trade everything not nailed down. The last thing you want to be is like the Miami HEat- a team with no draft picks, no cap space and a bunch of middling players on huge contracts. Thats the worst place to be in in the NBA.

say they dealt Love, dealt Gordon, dealt Korver......maybe found a home for Clarkson even......

TANKED big time--- got a couple firsts from Houston in the LBJ deal, got a first for Gordon, got a first or two for Love, got a couple 2nds from Korver.....you take a guy #8...get another lotto pick next year.

it could be only a 2-3 year rebuild if things break right--- no one wants to be like the Lakers or Kings and rebuilding for the better part of a decade.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

if CP3 does not get hurt- i highly doubt hte Rockets blow 2 large 2nd half leads in a row.

If Iggy not hurt there aren't even a game 6 or 7 to play.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So what?

The team still got beat by the Warriors twice - before he got hurt - That series could have went either way with CP3 - There is no forgone conclusion that says the Rockets would have won with him in the series and the Warriors were without Iggy