• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Houston in six

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won't lose another game this series. :suds:

But, should they lose, it would make them considerable favorites to sign LeBron. You have to think there will be a little more urgency within their front office to get it done if they were in fact going to lose in the conference finals. I'm sure a team like Sacramento (who has no 2019 first round pick, mind you), Atlanta, or Dallas would have no issues absorbing the contracts of Tucker and Gordon to help Houston sign LeBron.

So, be careful what you wish for. Go Warriors! LOL

My three-team trade proposal is as follows:
  • Charlotte gets: Eric Gordon
  • Sacramento gets: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, P.J. Tucker, and a first round pick (from Houston)
  • Houston gets: cap space to sign LeBron

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won't lose another game this series. :suds:

But, should they lose, it would make them considerable favorites to sign LeBron. You have to think there will be a little more urgency within their front office to get it done if they were in fact going to lose in the conference finals. I'm sure a team like Sacramento (who has no 2019 first round pick, mind you), Atlanta, or Dallas would have no issues absorbing the contracts of Tucker and Gordon to help Houston sign LeBron.

So, be careful what you wish for. Go Warriors! LOL

My three-team trade proposal is as follows:
  • Charlotte gets: Eric Gordon
  • Sacramento gets: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, P.J. Tucker, and a first round pick (from Houston)
  • Houston gets: cap space to sign LeBron

Not quite sure but I think Ryan Anderson would need to be the deal that got moved for cap space. Also CP3 is up for free agency as well.

But mostly, I don't agree with the value you have on this trade. Sacramento would get a late 1st round pick and take on 20M plus in salary for at least two years. That's horrible trade value for Sacramento. There's no value to them doing that because neither MKG or Tucker make them really any better. That would be one of the most expensive late first round draft picks in NBA history.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to be one of the worst trade proposals I have ever seen on this board.

What type of salary did Utah absorb to help you sign Iguodala? Refresh my memory please. You of all people would know.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@CitySushi I'm also pretty sure there's a salary cap floor where teams get penalized if they don't meet. It's that very reason Sacramento signed George Hill last year, a player who didn't really fit their roster at all.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What type of salary did Utah absorb to help you sign Iguodala? Refresh my memory please. You of all people would know.

The Warriors had to trade 2 1st round picks and 2 2nd round picks for that. That cleared 24M in cap space. The trade you proposed traded just one late 1st draft pick and the team absorbing the contracts take on approximately 21M in salary for two years, with PJ tucker on for an additional 3rd.

So 4 draft picks for 24M in absorbed contracts or 1 1st for 21M in absorbed contracts.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@CitySushi I'm also pretty sure there's a salary cap floor where teams get penalized if they don't meet. It's that very reason Sacramento signed George Hill last year, a player who didn't really fit their roster at all.

Yeah there is definitely a salary floor I believe, but you have to look at relative value. Tons of teams are wanting to shed bad contracts, but the value you placed on it is horrible return for any team.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors had to trade 2 1st round picks and 2 2nd round picks for that. That cleared 24M in cap space. The trade you proposed traded just one late 1st draft pick and the team absorbing the contracts take on approximately 21M in salary for two years, with PJ tucker on for an additional 3rd.

So 4 draft picks for 24M in absorbed contracts or 1 1st for 21M in absorbed contracts.
Cane bringing a knife to a gun fight

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah there is definitely a salary floor I believe, but you have to look at relative value. Tons of teams are wanting to shed bad contracts, but the value you placed on it is horrible return for any team.

But the key here is that Tucker and MKG are guys who don't need to shoot to impact the game and won't disrupt any team's youth movement.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the key here is that Tucker and MKG are guys who don't need to shoot to impact the game and won't disrupt any team's youth movement.

Pretty sure that can be said of anyone acquiring any salary shed. I mean if you wanted to take Joakim Noah, you can be damn sure it wouldn't hurt your youth movement.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

According to "Pro Sports Transactions" they gave up a 2017 first rounder that was never actually conveyed. So what was the catch here?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gun fight??? Sounds like a set of words that would empower a Trump supporter.
You don't understand metaphors? I'm as unsurprised as a Kardashian groom about his wife's virginity

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to "Pro Sports Transactions" they gave up a 2017 first rounder that was never actually conveyed. So what was the catch here?

@CitySushi In other words, you gave up a first rounder and three second rounders to Utah in the deal in order to sign Iggy. That really wasn't a considerable amount of value. Houston wouldn't have any problems matching that this summer.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure that can be said of anyone acquiring any salary shed. I mean if you wanted to take Joakim Noah, you can be damn sure it wouldn't hurt your youth movement.

Except for the part that Joakim Noah has zero on-court value while Tucker and MKG actually have decent value.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@CitySushi In other words, you gave up a first rounder and three second rounders to Utah in the deal in order to sign Iggy. That really wasn't a considerable amount of value. Houston wouldn't have any problems matching that this summer.

Last, but most crucial part of this...both Biedrins and Jefferson were expiring contracts. You're asking the Kings to take on double the amount of salary, for less draft picks.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except for the part that Joakim Noah has zero on-court value while Tucker and MKG actually have decent value.

But value is relative when the goal is to absorb contracts to tank. They don't really get a return because neither player is in their future goals. You just said they're not going to hurt the youth movement.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@HurricaneDij39

Your trade proposal in theory is sound, but the value you place on it is not correct. There are a lot more workable options out there than this for the Kings if it was their goal to accept incoming salary. They may very well do that, but you need to match the compensation to what it's worth.