• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

House of Cards

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was surprised, but honestly, given what was posed and frank's character, it should have been extremely predictable. He doesn't fuck around.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone seen the original? I just watch all 3 season (12 episodes) this past weekend.

Gotta say, the US version is 1000X better. Although, the BBC version was from '91 to '98 (I think), so it is quite dated.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possible spoiler below.

I saw that one coming when she got the message for the meet. That's 2 very good characters & plot threads they've ended before their time, imo...just hope it doesn't turn into some sort of Dexter meets The West Wing. I'm still loving it, just sayin'.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there was a different choice. The character wouldn't be right without making that call.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was surprised, but honestly, given what was posed and frank's character, it should have been extremely predictable. He doesn't fuck around.

Well I knew Frank was going to do something with her, just didn't think he would jump to such an extreme. But he definitely reiterated his character with that move. I guess I should have known all along since they started the pilot with Frank killing a wounded dog with his bare hands.

Love this show

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things just got weird with Meachum...

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just realized that Clair Underwood is Jenny from Forest Gump lol

Also Buttercup from The Princess Bride.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least it was quick.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was surprised as well, but they did hint at it during the reunion ep in S1...

Yea I got that... But after all the Zoe boning I figured it was just an old college experimentation of sorts :noidea:

Should have better prepared myself I guess

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I got that... But after all the Zoe boning I figured it was just an old college experimentation of sorts :noidea:

Should have better prepared myself I guess

To me, the way they played the college stuff made it seem more serious than experimentation. :noidea: I figured it would come back into play but I just didn't think Claire would be so instrumental in it.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might as well bump this one seeing as season 3 is out. We watched the 1st 2 episodes last night. I'm wondering if anyone else has and is it just me or does it suck balls so far ? There was no recap of where we left off last season. The musical intro with the credits seemed to go on forever, which sort of set the pace for the 2 we watched. Slow and boring. It better pick up the pace and get interesting in a hurry or I'm done with it. Partook of the vap pen before watching and thought it might be my state of mind, but I watched episodes of House of Lies and Shameless immediately afterward, that I recorded Sunday, and they were both great so it wasn't that. Anyone else watching ?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished the 3rd season of HoC last week... It did a good job tying up loose ends, but I wasn't as impressed with this season as I was the first 2. It seems like the writers wanted to make this season more personal for the characters.

I liked what the writer, Tim, brought to the dynamic of Frank & CLaire's characters. The monologues were awesome. The writers/producers did a good job with peeling back the layers and revealing the truth behind them. But for me the main draw was the intensity of the rise to power. They kept that as part of the show, but in the end it felt like this season was more about the characters/relationships and not as much about the politics. I hope that this season sets up for an intense season 4. I also hope the split (or healing) between Frank & Claire goes swiftly and they don't let it devour the entire season. Back to S3, I thought the whole Doug going after Rachel really deterred from the main stories. At least I didn't see the point of drawing that out for as long as they did. Probably just trying to add to Doug's character. They did spend more than a few episodes on Doug's alcohol abuse which revealed a lot about him. But the Rachel part didn't add much for me.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might as well bump this one seeing as season 3 is out. We watched the 1st 2 episodes last night. I'm wondering if anyone else has and is it just me or does it suck balls so far ? There was no recap of where we left off last season. The musical intro with the credits seemed to go on forever, which sort of set the pace for the 2 we watched. Slow and boring. It better pick up the pace and get interesting in a hurry or I'm done with it. Partook of the vap pen before watching and thought it might be my state of mind, but I watched episodes of House of Lies and Shameless immediately afterward, that I recorded Sunday, and they were both great so it wasn't that. Anyone else watching ?
Trust me... It doesn't get much better. It's definitely a slower season, and only heats up a few times with hard nosed politics during the Russian-American relations. I didn't care for this season. It spent far too much time developing the characters & relationships instead of sticking to the plot lines. And as for the recap: As soon as I opened the new season it showed a 2-3 minute clip recapping both season 1 & 2. And it had a link below the video saying "Continue to Season 3". Not sure how you missed that, or maybe you accidentally bypassed it?

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved the part where he was in the Cathedral and he spits on the crucifix statue and it falls and breaks into pieces and at the end of the episode he walks away with the statues ear and he says to the camera "I got God's ear now." Great ending to that episode.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me... It doesn't get much better. It's definitely a slower season, and only heats up a few times with hard nosed politics during the Russian-American relations. I didn't care for this season. It spent far too much time developing the characters & relationships instead of sticking to the plot lines. And as for the recap: As soon as I opened the new season it showed a 2-3 minute clip recapping both season 1 & 2. And it had a link below the video saying "Continue to Season 3". Not sure how you missed that, or maybe you accidentally bypassed it?

We missed the recap somehow, but we pretty much remembered where it left off. My wife likes it better than I do so we'll probably stick with it... and if there's a 48(or older) YO actress with a better body than Robin Wright I haven't seen her. So at least there's that. That woman takes care of herself.