• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

House of Cards

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure how many of you have seen the original on BBC, but...

In the original BBC version, Clair kills Francis at the conclusion and becomes her own force within Parliament.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In the original BBC version, Clair kills Francis at the conclusion and becomes her own force within Parliament.
Wow... That would be intense to see happen in the new show. Makes sense as to why they spent so much time explaingin/developing their relationship in S3.

Agent Orange

Harbaugh's shrink
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I never got around to watching the original. Was British Claire as politically inept as American Claire was in S3? Because I have a hard time believing the American version would have any political clout of her own after the UN fiasco.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is Claire Underwood kinda a badass on House of Cards

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never got around to watching the original. Was British Claire as politically inept as American Claire was in S3? Because I have a hard time believing the American version would have any political clout of her own after the UN fiasco.
I don't remember specifically, but I don't think so. I think she was a bit more muted in the early seasons, but still ruthless (they were certainly a power-couple).

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't care for the parts about Doug really. If I had known what was going to come next, I'd have hoped he was dead at the end of season 2 instead.

And I didn't buy the way they portray him as president, and that really hurt it for me. I guess it's because of shows like West Wing that specifically focus on stuff around the president, but it seemed like he was still just a congressman rather than a president. The lack of staff and general things going on just didn't feel right.

I also didn't care for how much of a say Claire was supposed to have in things and her part in it all. Just didn't really seem believable to me.

It was much better when he was up and coming. Now that he is there, it's going to be hard to keep up. I'll still watch to the end, but I've lowered my expectations.

[/quote]

omarsrevenge

Godlike
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me... It doesn't get much better. It's definitely a slower season, and only heats up a few times with hard nosed politics during the Russian-American relations. I didn't care for this season. It spent far too much time developing the characters & relationships instead of sticking to the plot lines. And as for the recap: As soon as I opened the new season it showed a 2-3 minute clip recapping both season 1 & 2. And it had a link below the video saying "Continue to Season 3". Not sure how you missed that, or maybe you accidentally bypassed it?

Most of the season seemed to be building up to a split in the power couple. The writer was a nice touch and an interesting character. I somehow missed the recap too. I didn't realize Doug was so fucked up. I remember Rachael hitting him in the head out in the woods but he looked like he got ran over by a train. Did she beat him for like an hour and I just don't remember it?

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished s3...

First off that thing with meechum, the 3some was weird. I agree it was a slower season but i liked the back and forth with the russians. Clair really pissed me off. She cried her way into the UN spot only to fuck things up badly. I wish jackie didnt turn on frank.

The last episode. Finally doug kills her. Im glad hes back on the team and this obsession with her is over.

Clair walking out... i think she just folded with the pressure and that author, Tom really got in her head with that first chapter of the book.

Will be interesting to see where season 4 goes.. probably a power struggle between the two

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 episodes in. Looking like this might be the best season thus far.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Solid season.

The final scene of the final episode is pretty epic...

Claire is now part of Frank's 4th-wall breaking soliloquies. That is a rather major shift in the story telling.

Not to mention Frank going full Bill Clinton at the end.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just finished season 4. Excellent overall. Brutal ending.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on episode 6 and so far I hate Clair.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally finished, the season was much better than the previous one where they damn near lost me. I would have watched it sooner if the previous hadn't been so disappointing for me.

Anxious to see the next one already.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally finished, the season was much better than the previous one where they damn near lost me. I would have watched it sooner if the previous hadn't been so disappointing for me.

Anxious to see the next one already.
I like that Frank and Clair are working together. They are a formidable pair when they are on the same page. I am certainly looking forward to next season as well. I suspect I know where they are going based on the original series, and I love how it is developing.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that Frank and Clair are working together. They are a formidable pair when they are on the same page. I am certainly looking forward to next season as well. I suspect I know where they are going based on the original series, and I love how it is developing.

I haven't seen the original, so I don't know fully except that in the end she wins out or whatever.

The entire series reminds me of a fart for lack of better wording. IRL, I would absolutely hate them both. I hate everything they represent, with the corruption, abuse and all that. I mean I would absolutely loathe them.

And yet, because I'm connected to their story in the series, I am pulling for them to win, while I want to see the guy/people trying to uncover their wrong doings fail. It's literally like they are my own fart. I know it stinks, if someone else did it, I'd be furious, but since it's seemingly my fart - I don't mind so much.

So screwed up that I pull for them. :L

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watched the first episode and loved it. Spacey is one of my favorite actors, I don't know why I didn't try this sooner

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since I don't do Netflix I finally got around to renting season 1 of this series yesterday.

Watched 4 episodes.

When does it get good?